Jump to content
Robert James

New clubs in South of Scotland League

Recommended Posts

 

Good to see the good OLD Southern Counties are still flourishing. With all the comings and goings, changing of allegiances, big ambitions  and rules and regulations there  is still room for those who just want to play affordable football 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

30 matches is a lot for these sort of clubs & cups too

It's worked for quite some time now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hossy87 said:

It's worked for quite some time now. 

Going by the other post about fixtures they've also taken in account the cups concern by not playing a couple this year. So they've obviously considered the 2 game bump in league fixtures compared to last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mrman2011 said:

30 matches is a lot for these sort of clubs & cups too

It's no different to last season, when they had 15 clubs (it's still the equivalent of 30 dates). Coming season also ends a week later.

LL play 30 league games; EOSL play the equivalent of 26 plus 3 QL sectional games; North Juniors play 26 plus 3 Sectional Cup games; East Juniors were playing 30 - and are now playing 22 plus the equivalent of 6 Sectional Cup games. So everyone is in the 28-30 minimum bracket - just made up in different ways. West Juniors are actually moving to 30 league games plus 3 Sectional Cup matches although they have scrapped a knockout cup.

Where the South were unique was the number of knockout cups... despite going out of a few early doors, Threave played almost 60 competitive matches last season, second only to Celtic. On top of the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup and Southern Counties Cup there were a further 5 'domestic' knockout cups. This has been reduced to 3 with the Cree Lodge + Haig Gordon and Potts + Tweedie cups apparently moving to alternate seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/06/2018 at 21:21, HibeeJibee said:

It's no different to last season, when they had 15 clubs (it's still the equivalent of 30 dates). Coming season also ends a week later.

LL play 30 league games; EOSL play the equivalent of 26 plus 3 QL sectional games; North Juniors play 26 plus 3 Sectional Cup games; East Juniors were playing 30 - and are now playing 22 plus the equivalent of 6 Sectional Cup games. So everyone is in the 28-30 minimum bracket - just made up in different ways. West Juniors are actually moving to 30 league games plus 3 Sectional Cup matches although they have scrapped a knockout cup.

Where the South were unique was the number of knockout cups... despite going out of a few early doors, Threave played almost 60 competitive matches last season, second only to Celtic. On top of the Scottish Cup, South Challenge Cup and Southern Counties Cup there were a further 5 'domestic' knockout cups. This has been reduced to 3 with the Cree Lodge + Haig Gordon and Potts + Tweedie cups apparently moving to alternate seasons.

The SoSL completed the season, with each club playing 30 league matches, which was an achievement.

The deadline for new applications was 30th April 2019. Does anyone know if there have been any new SoSL applicants for 2019/20 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Robert James said:

The SoSL completed the season, with each club playing 30 league matches, which was an achievement.

The deadline for new applications was 30th April 2019. Does anyone know if there have been any new SoSL applicants for 2019/20 ?

Yes.  Some people do know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen it said Edusport are getting a reserve sides in the league. Does that mean there will be 17 clubs next year and will Edusport reserves keep playing out of Annan for the convenience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edu reserves into the league playing at Strathclyde park Glasgow. Annan have dropped out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I've seen it said Edusport are getting a reserve sides in the league. Does that mean there will be 17 clubs next year and will Edusport reserves keep playing out of Annan for the convenience?

FYI .... just noticed this article 

 

05BA5F9F-2D26-4FDE-91DD-4C688487A0F6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sharky said:

Edu reserves into the league playing at Strathclyde park Glasgow. Annan have dropped out

Has the South AGM taken place yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

FYI .... just noticed this article 

 

05BA5F9F-2D26-4FDE-91DD-4C688487A0F6.jpeg

 

Very good news about Alliance Park. You may also attract some community support over the next few years.

Also, your reserves joining the SoSL for 2019/20,  is also a positive step forward.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Robert James said:

 

Very good news about Alliance Park. You may also attract some community support over the next few years.

Also, your reserves joining the SoSL for 2019/20,  is also a positive step forward.

 

 

I’m not involved or follow Edu mate ..... just posted for info only 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...