The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

53 minutes ago, Torfason said:

So Saints to get a 6 point and 22 goal deficit as punishment and the league to get immediately ended with Hearts fans wanking themselves into a coma and Thursday January 14th declared National Jambo’s  Day?

It's the closest they'll get to a high profile victory over us.

57 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

She said: “Our football manager Jim Goodwin was out with us morning to night one day a week, every single week during the lockdown, delivering items to households"

Car sharing b*****d! Dock that charity points! 😠

Here's a thing.

Brophy in the PDE today, saying that since he played against Clyde and Dumbarton (in the group stages), that he's ineligible for the semi-final.

Does the first round of matches only refer to only the first group fixture, or the all of the group fixtures, which are part of the first round?

Or is it that Brophy, like most of us, is unaware of the rule change for this season?Confused smiley 6

Can anyone enlighten me?

image.png.857101223aaefec359d028c1fea9e51d.png

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I think he is unaware of the rule change, given that two of his former teammates also played in the group stage for us and the knockout stage for other clubs.

I figured that this might be the case. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

I'm bitterly disappointed there's no chance of being at Hampden. Ordinarily I'd be really looking forward to the semi-final, but it just doesn't seem real at the moment. :( 

Hope no matter who makes the final that it is held back in the hope fans in some sort of capacity can get into the game.

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I think he is unaware of the rule change, given that two of his former teammates also played in the group stage for us and the knockout stage for other clubs.

Who are the two players?

Just now, FTOF said:

Who are the two players?

Euan Deveney and Innes Cameron. Both played in the group stage against Dunfermline, and both subsequently went out on loan, to Falkirk and Ayr United respectively, before playing in their 2nd Round matches.

16 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Euan Deveney and Innes Cameron. Both played in the group stage against Dunfermline, and both subsequently went out on loan, to Falkirk and Ayr United respectively, before playing in their 2nd Round matches.

Ta.

17 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

Is it tomorrow that the verdict of the appeal will be announced?

Only if it envolved Celtic, now us diddy teams on the other hand, they'll probably string it out another 3 months.....

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

BBC article up saying the panel sits from 6pm tonight and could conclude as early as later on this evening or more likely early next week.

Stalling tactics, they'll wait till the Celtic hoo ha dies down a bit before upholding the appeal. You can read them like a book.