The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, djchapsticks said:

No, Sportsound saying that Celtic ran out of road to get Rhodes deal done.

I want to go to bed but also want to finish updating the transfer thread tonight 😂

Trust it to be you lot pissing me off 

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Think how Danny must be feeling.

I know the gaffer said he is delighted he is staying but I think we can all see through that. 4th/5th choice striker, he won't see much action for the remainder of his contract I'd imagine.

Yeah, he's now battling for 5th choice with Cooke, unfortunately. Neither his, St. Mirren's or Dundee's fault.

Obika, Morias, Jakubiak and new guy all vying for 2 spaces.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

This new player has to be a centre half or Ferdinand back as a free agent. Another striker would be daft when we’ve already got 4 plus Cooke.

Would be hilarious to watch a meltdown happen if Saints twitter goes on to no reveal and just begin match day tweets.

It's not. It's a forward. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Let's not fall into the Falkirk trap of thinking good looking guy = good fitba player.

I think he looks like a hypnotist with those smouldering eyes! :wub:

As to the window:

In: 6 players plus a development GK

Out 3 players who played for us this season + 3 development players out on loan.

Overall plenty up front but short in Central Defence (mainly due to KBs late departure) & Central Midfield where we have 3 out all potentially long term. If & when further injuries & suspensions kick in we're going to be looking for a bit of versatility - maybe a crazy idea but is Danny Mullen tenacious enough to play CM in an emergency?