The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Couple of folk on twitter saying that Broadfoot to Kilmarnock is off. Good.

100%.   I would love him to stay.  He clearly didnt get on with the itallian manager they brought in to fill the Stevie Clark hole when he left for Scotland.

There are ways and means.  I'm assuming we want to keep him.  If he wants to go, Killy want him back, then fine.  We value our best defender at an appropriate price.

The value of something is determined by how much someone is prepared to pay.  If they want him, then they'll pay the going rate.  18 months left on contract, potential relegation candidates, one of our stronger performers, hugely experienced...

450-500k i would assume as a marker in the sand.  If not, then he stays and will give Goodwin 100% as a seasoned professional.  

100%.   I would love him to stay.  He clearly didnt get on with the itallian manager they brought in to fill the Stevie Clark hole when he left for Scotland.
There are ways and means.  I'm assuming we want to keep him.  If he wants to go, Killy want him back, then fine.  We value our best defender at an appropriate price.
The value of something is determined by how much someone is prepared to pay.  If they want him, then they'll pay the going rate.  18 months left on contract, potential relegation candidates, one of our stronger performers, hugely experienced...
450-500k i would assume as a marker in the sand.  If not, then he stays and will give Goodwin 100% as a seasoned professional.  
It gets curiouser, I've got a Kilmarnock supporting mate who just told me that apparently we offered Broadfoot to Kilmarnock for a fee. Dyer was happy to take him but Fowler said no.

The whole thing seems a bit odd.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Another couple being worked on and hopefully at least one in. 

I'm calling at least another two out as well. Broadfoot was one of the 5 I heard outgoing, so that's been revised to 4 unless something changes sharpish. 

Djorkaeff and Mullen?

We've manged to bag a player on a freebie, given him a good wage and then got him off the wage bill back to from whence he came for an actual transfer fee.

And he's approaching 36! That's fucking good business at any other time of the year that isn't 3 hours before the window shuts.

Edited by djchapsticks

• djchapsticks changed the title to The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread