The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Massive, massive week coming up. 

4 signings to come in this week, heard it could be as many as seven though (4 permanent and 3 loan deals) but I think that's very, very wishful thinking for just one week. 

There's about 15 or so names kicking about in the rumour mill just now for all sorts of positions.

Can't wait. Bring it on! :D

(Until Friday when we've signed one new player tops and everycnut is in the final stages of all out meltdown :lol:

11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ll give it until lunch time before the panic sets in, and all of our pampers mob will be on twitter in full scale meltdown, given the amount of rumoured signings we’re going to make.🤣

Aye, it's the hope that kills ye!😂

11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ll give it until lunch time before the panic sets in, and all of our pampers mob will be on twitter in full scale meltdown, given the amount of rumoured signings we’re going to make.🤣

I'm just out my Monday AM meeting and I was convinced there'd be announcements while i was in there. And now I'm disappointed.

Just now, Drooper said:

Aye, it's the hope that kills ye!😂

I’m actually heading to the stadium this morning. If there’s any excitement (or Sellik signage being erected), I’ll get back to you*

*Please don’t wait in for any news of an exciting nature. There won’t be any.

26 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Due to both our sides great League cup efforts we both now have a free day on the 17th August.

Would it make sense (it its allowed) to bring forward the mid week game scheduled for the 4th of March?

Far too sensible an idea for the SPFL to sanction.

29 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Due to both our sides great League cup efforts we both now have a free day on the 17th August.

Would it make sense (it its allowed) to bring forward the mid week game scheduled for the 4th of March?

No chance. we don't start winning games until well after the January Window. We need 5 or 6 months for players to get match fit.😉