Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

When they find out what one of our short term players was on last season there will be a mega melt down.  Surprise, surprise will take your breath away trust me. 

Cheesy still taking us to the cleaners. Fuxake, Cheesy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

When they find out what one of our short term players was on last season there will be a mega melt down.  Surprise, surprise will take your breath away trust me. 

I do not think this gossip is helpful. If you have facts then give them out or say nothing but this half-way house only stirs up trouble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

When they find out what one of our short term players was on last season there will be a mega melt down.  Surprise, surprise will take your breath away trust me. 

Was it the same person who told you this, who also told you OK gave up a full time teachers wage in Ireland , plus what he was earning from Coleraine to come and manage St Mirren for a measly 33000 a year?

Edited by Saint Shug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Take the r and t out of that surname and what do you get? Might need [mention=31296]randomguy[/mention] to help answer.

 

I've actually got a photo of Alan Martin.

Spoiler

facetache.png.5267ca6e441cc947ce31f1126d67d86a.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't get the online melt down. The draw was so predictable I bet one of my biggest betting stakes on it in a while - £10 - at odds of 6/1. 

Two reason. 

1. Plastic pitch. For whatever reason St Mirren players have always had an attitude problem on plastic. So much so you'd think the club didn't have one at Ralston. 

2. The current side lacks creativity and guile. Thus far this season the players have showed all the urgency of a sleeping sloth, and even a massive dosage of Viagra couldn't cure the impotency of our attack. 

Its going to be a very long season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I don't get the online melt down.

Ripped a new arse in 45 mins by lower league Dunfermline - Took a late penalty to beat Edinburgh ‘Barcelona’ City - Pumped on penalties by East ‘Brazil 70’ Kilbride - 7 or 8 players needed - Tony still gabbing shite - Gus MacPherson’s role puzzling as to what he’s actually bringing to the table - Played like a fiddle by the big Dutch bloke’s agent - Online bitterness between our Chairman and Oran Kearney - Constantly playing an 18 year old kid out of position at LB - Hladky & Carrier Bag FC possibly grabbing him - Jim’s midfield diamond looking pish - Tansey possibly being finished and a behind the scenes fall out - Waving goodbye to a waste of money Josh Heaton....

...I’ll have missed something, but you know, the window doesn’t close for a while, so it’ll all be hunky dory and there’s no need to pish my pampers.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Ripped a new arse in 45 mins by lower league Dunfermline - Took a late penalty to beat Edinburgh ‘Barcelona’ City - Pumped on penalties by East ‘Brazil 70’ Kilbride - 7 or 8 players needed - Tony still gabbing shite - Gus MacPherson’s role puzzling as to what he’s actually bringing to the table - Played like a fiddle by the big Dutch bloke’s agent - Online bitterness between our Chairman and Oran Kearney - Constantly playing an 18 year old kid out of position at LB - Hladky & Carrier Bag FC possibly grabbing him - Jim’s midfield diamond looking pish - Tansey possibly being finished and a behind the scenes fall out - Waving goodbye to a waste of money Josh Heaton....

...I’ll have missed something, but you know, the window doesn’t close for a while, so it’ll all be hunky dory and there’s no need to pish my pampers.

Yep but why the meltdown? Its been obvious for some time that the club is being badly run. Well run businesses don't turn over employees at the ridiculous rate St Mirren do and well run businesses tend to have a clear strategy. 

Anyone looking beyond just the football results must know its a badly run club. Players and agents know its a badly run club. Even youth propects are rejecting St Mirren because they see chaos around the club. Yet the fans seem obliviously happy until the next "shock" result when thers a sudden realisation things aren't going so well and the call goes out for the cracks to be papered over with large sums of money yet again. 

Last season was dreadful rescued only by a number of penalty saves where if the same application of the rules that were applied at the womens world cup would have seen four retakes. This summer we've seen a manager the Chairman said he wanted to keep attracted by the lure of a semi pro job in the Northern Irish leagues. 

 

The club stinks and results like yesterday shouldn't be a shock to anyone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Yep but why the meltdown? Its been obvious for some time that the club is being badly run. Well run businesses don't turn over employees at the ridiculous rate St Mirren do and well run businesses tend to have a clear strategy. 

Anyone looking beyond just the football results must know its a badly run club. Players and agents know its a badly run club. Even youth propects are rejecting St Mirren because they see chaos around the club. Yet the fans seem obliviously happy until the next "shock" result when thers a sudden realisation things aren't going so well and the call goes out for the cracks to be papered over with large sums of money yet again. 

Last season was dreadful rescued only by a number of penalty saves where if the same application of the rules that were applied at the womens world cup would have seen four retakes. This summer we've seen a manager the Chairman said he wanted to keep attracted by the lure of a semi pro job in the Northern Irish leagues. 

 

The club stinks and results like yesterday shouldn't be a shock to anyone

Why the meltdown? I laid it out - it’s because none of it is us losing to a Hibs, being unlucky against an OF team, or getting knocked out the cup by a St Johnstone.... it’s us, fcuking ourselves over, before a ball is kicked in league anger. Time after time, playing catch-up before the season has even started, needing not one or two, but seven or eight signings, season after season, new manager after new manager. We don’t wait to get a kicking off other teams, we constantly kick ourselves in the balls right from the off. Amateur hour.

Edited by pozbaird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Why the meltdown? I laid it out - it’s because none of it is us losing to a Hibs, being unlucky against an OF team, or getting knocked out the cup by a St Johnstone.... it’s us, fcuking ourselves over, before a ball is kicked in league anger. Time after time, playing catch-up before the season has even started, needing not one or two, but seven or eight signings, season after season, new manager after new manager. We don’t wait to get a kicking off other teams, we constantly kick ourselves in the balls right from the off. Amateur hour.

Aye but in true St Mirren fan style if Saints win against Albion Rovers the panic will be forgotten about as the club limps from game to game. 

The lack of a proper business strategy at the club pre dates Scotts takeover but fans were happy to ignore it till the results went south again. 

The meltdown is an over reaction suggesting surprise amongst the support at the state of the club. Those of us who are paying attention will have a more tempered response due to the failure being anything but a shock. 

Everything at the clubs neds scrutinised and over hauled. Fans may not be able to influence Scott but they can certainly have a direct impact on the clubs second biggest shareholders. A wee look at the mess at Falkirk and BTB shows just how bad things can get when fans don't pay attention and hold those with a direct influence to account. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

When they find out what one of our short term players was on last season there will be a mega melt down.  Surprise, surprise will take your breath away trust me. 

Are you 500% sure about this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No single players wages are produced in the accounts right ?  Maybe I'm wrong . Wonder if £100,000 could be possible ? No way impossible.  
JG just in the door he needs 4/5 players in within the next 7/10 days 100% your recruitment is vital he won't just sign a player for the sake of it. Get off his back and let him get on with it . JR went through the same shit with you lot wake up smell the coffee the club has been a shambles for 12 months signing duds .it can't continue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
20 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:
No single players wages are produced in the accounts right ?  Maybe I'm wrong . Wonder if £100,000 could be possible ? No way impossible.  

JG just in the door he needs 4/5 players in within the next 7/10 days 100% your recruitment is vital he won't just sign a player for the sake of it. Get off his back and let him get on with it . JR went through the same shit with you lot wake up smell the coffee the club has been a shambles for 12 months signing duds .it can't continue

It's been a shambles far longer than that. I saw a post somewhere that said St Mirren had gone through just short of 90 players since Gordon Scott took over as club chairman 3 years ago and 10 first team coaching staff. Every transfer window has seen the playing staff go through huge scale transformation. Players brought in on season long loan deals have been sent back to their clubs after 2 - 3 months. Players that have been signed are then almost immediately loaned out again to lower league clubs. Players signed on permanent deals have had their contracts paid off as they've bee released weeks later. And this season the club has suffered the embarrassment of losing a manager the Chairman claims he wanted to keep to a semi professional club playing in the Northern Irish Leagues. To put that into context that's the equivalent of  Derek McInnes quitting Aberdeen to go manage Kelty Hearts. 

All the time that is going on the clubs got a cloud cuckoo land CEO whose blabbering on and on about how St Mirren should be top four to top six and an "extensive scouting team" © Official Website  that appears to be Gus MacPherson monitoring a database driven website for players with unusual attributes. 

I don't think too many will be on Jim Goodwins case, at least not just yet. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • djchapsticks changed the title to The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...