The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well I seriously hope not
We need an experienced CH, a LB, LM and a double figures striker.

The question I find that I’m asking more often is, do we trust him to sign the players of sufficient quality that will allow us to be competitive at this level. From what I’ve seen with his recruitment , he gives me the fear.

What makes you so convinced that the tweet had anything to do with the club? Most of the thought for the day type stuff he posts bears absolutely no relation to goings on at St Mirren, so why would this be any different?
Isn't the fact that the twitter account is based on his fictional children's book character enough of a hint? Yes, he occasionally does use the account to refer to club related stuff, and perhaps he should reconsider that, but the other stuff, including yesterday's offering, is just fluff and not to be taken too seriously (or literally).

While BM over stepped the mark in his post if you follow @BabakoochiBear I think you would have to be blind to not see a direct corrolation between the memes and what is happening at St Mirren.

However like any of these self help guidance memes they can generally be taken two ways, positively or negatively depending on how you want to read them.

They are a bit like horoscopes in that you see what you want to see.

12 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

While BM over stepped the mark in his post if you follow @BabakoochiBear I think you would have to be blind to not see a direct corrolation between the memes and what is happening at St Mirren.

However like any of these self help guidance memes they can generally be taken two ways, positively or negatively depending on how you want to read them.

They are a bit like horoscopes in that you see what you want to see.

There's seeing  a possible correlation, and then there's abusing Tony in the manner that BM did. 

17 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

I am neither blind nor naive.

There is a third way to take these memes - with a pinch of salt.

43 minutes ago, Fony Titz said:

I appreciate that someone sees the kernel of what I am getting at, but let's be honest here I absolutely shat the bed and went off on one when I really shouldn't have.

If there was validity in my point, it's been lost in the rubbish I wrapped it up in.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I appreciate that someone sees the kernel of what I am getting at, but let's be honest here I absolutely shat the bed and went off on one when I really shouldn't have.

If there was validity in my point, it's been lost in the rubbish I wrapped it up in.

Tony's intentions were clear , there's no argument. Too much of a coincidence for it not to be deliberate !

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Money being kept for the new manager , get out of jail card = January window. 

Do you think we can afford to wait that long. Thats allmost half way through the season we we will be so far behind on points we will need snookers to catch up. 

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

Do you think we can afford to wait that long. Thats allmost half way through the season we we will be so far behind on points we will need snookers to catch up. 

No I don't but its obvious we are going to keep money for January. If there is not a change of fortune in the month of September I expect Stubbs last game to be Hibs at home. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Tony's intentions were clear , there's no argument. Too much of a coincidence for it not to be deliberate !

I fear that you might be ascribing a sophistication of thought and intent that might not be warranted.

Edited by Drooper

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Tony managed the situation with ease when Jack Ross targeted players. He basically got the ones he wanted. Why all of a sudden do you think that all of the players targeted by Stubbs have failed to materialise. There’s one reason and it’s not Fitzy.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Why all of a sudden do you think that all of the players targeted by Stubbs have failed to materialise. There’s one reason and it’s not Fitzy.

I'd love to know the answer to that. Is it because of Stubbs? Stubbs' badly selling of the club to them? The club itself? The money being offered.

Just seems so disappointing that when we finally get our heads above the financial water we trip ourselves up.

I don't blame anyone for hiring Stubbs, I said before I thought he was the best option from an ever decreasing pool, but it just seems so odd that it's really not working at all.

7 hours ago, Div said:

"still championing knicker wetting amongst our support on twitter"

:lol::thumsup2

Absolutely, I stand by that comment. You do a lot of good work for and with the club however this close season you have continually painted a picture of doom and gloom. We have just been promoted with a lot of change at the top, there is always going to be a transition period from one season to another never mind changing manager in that period.  

The unnecessary Team Eckersley stuff was the start of it and almost led a witch hunt against the new manager - all because Stubbs told an injury prone player he was free to leave. By all means voice your opinion but at least give it a chance before doing so. It is probably the biggest forum to reach out to Saints fans after all.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Tony managed the situation with ease when Jack Ross targeted players. He basically got the ones he wanted. Why all of a sudden do you think that all of the players targeted by Stubbs have failed to materialise. There’s one reason and it’s not Fitzy.

Possibly because we're targeting better players, and are a small fish in the big pond we're competing in? 

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Possibly because we're targeting better players, and are a small fish in the big pond we're competing in? 

The players have probably took one look on twitter and fans forums and they have decided no thanks, that lot boo at everything.

31 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

The players have probably took one look on twitter and fans forums and they have decided no thanks, that lot boo at everything.

I would think more Sportscene and online match reports from the press which make for horrific viewing and reading. If Jack Ross had read the Sunderland forum before joining you would have thought he would have ran a mile. BAWA has around 200 posters what percentage of the support is that ?  Fact is from the Killie game not one marquee signing has happend when most of the forum was behind Stubbs so your writting rubbish I'm sorry to say. Spartons, Queens Park , Rangers 10man period, Aberdeen , Livingston should have alarm bells ringing. For me it's not if Stubbs will be sacked more what damage will he do before being sacked. He came to a club where team and fans were at one. Even if you don't agree with other opinions can you say were are at one now ? Thank Stubbs for that. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

So we’ve missed out on another target, who we apparently pushed the boat out to sign. I think Kenny would be worth a gamble on a years contract but no chance on a 2 year deal, probably not the worst outcome on this specific target.

However, the current squad are far from good enough to stay in the league... especially with a manager who’s incapable of playing our best players in their best positions.

What now? My guess is Stubbs signs more sub-standard players & he will be sacked before the end of September.

Winning the league last season seems years ago, fucking depressing!