The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

VT hasn't been rattled as hard as this since his dad left town. That 1-4 really did a number on you, didn't it?

Where is 'endless trolling and still failing to have sex with a woman' on that scale of yours?

Stage 2: Anger

Stage 3: Whataboutery and Deflection

31 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

That statement is mealy mouthed word salad,more convinced than ever that he is going to be Dundee manager

Good for you.

He's not - save yourself the angst.

The sheer denial by some St Mirren fans on this thread is hilarious. It's almost like if you keep telling yourself he wont leave then he wont leave.

The truth is that you are no further forward in knowing if he's staying or going and his statement does f**k all to confirm that either. You'd be as well just admitting the truth and accepting that you have nae clue.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The sheer denial by some St Mirren fans on this thread is hilarious. It's almost like if you keep telling yourself he wont leave then he wont leave.

The truth is that you are no further forward in knowing if he's staying or going and his statement does f**k all to confirm that either. You'd be as well just admitting the truth and accepting that you have nae clue.

Just to confirm, in case you haven't grasped. The manager is staying, regardless of what you might think of his statement, or anything else for that matter.

And it's not the statement, it's the word of those close to the club who have clarified - for those who were keen to read between the lines of a statement which stated clearly that the manager will continue (although he didn't say f**k Dundee, St Mirren til I die, granted) as manager of the club.

He is now in the process of securing some more signings. I'd expect Reilly in the next day or so followed by Waters from Alloa, with another 2 or 3 to come after that.

Just to confirm, in case you haven't grasped. The manager is staying, regardless of what you might think of his statement, or anything else for that matter.
And it's not the statement, it's the word of those close to the club who have clarified - for those who were keen to read between the lines of a statement which stated clearly that the manager will continue (although he didn't say f**k Dundee, St Mirren til I die, granted) as manager of the club.
He is now in the process of securing some more signings. I'd expect Reilly in the next day or so followed by Waters from Alloa, with another 2 or 3 to come after that.

Thanks for confirming my point.

You have zero clue whether he's staying or going until he categorically states he isn't interested in the Dundee job and they take their interest elsewhere.

'The word of those close to the club' means absolutely f**k all.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

His statement only said he was focused on building a competitive St Mirren team for a title challenge, it didn't state that he'd be there to manage that side for the season (and for good reason). For as long as he's contracted to St Mirren he needs to keep doing his job, doesn't mean he's got an eye on another job.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Thanks for confirming my point.

You have zero clue whether he's staying or going until he categorically states he isn't interested in the Dundee job and they take their interest elsewhere.

'The word of those close to the club' means absolutely f**k all.

You can either believe me now or let the realisation hit you at whichever point you accept that he's staying. I bothers me not which path you choose.

Just now, Soctty said:

You can either believe me now or let the realisation hit you at whichever point you accept that he's staying. I bothers me not which path you choose.

I'm off to warm up my multiquote finger. We'll be going to town on this thread very soon.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

His statement only said he was focused on building a competitive St Mirren team for a title challenge, it didn't state that he'd be there to manage that side for the season (and for good reason). For as long as he's contracted to St Mirren he needs to keep doing his job, doesn't mean he's got an eye on another job.

See above - believe what I've said or believe it not. I totally understand your mistrust of a faceless poster on a football forum. New contract will be announced in due course I believe (not totally certain on that, but 90% certain.)

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I couldn't give a toss if stays or goes you absolute fruitloop.

Your repeated posts on the matter betray a different attitude, but fill yer boots, either way. :angel

One minute he's on holiday the next he's actively signing players.  The whole shebang is full of contradictions.

Looks like st mirren are getting shafted one way or the other. He either goes or they seem to think they have to fling money at him to stay. Same manager but costing a he'll of a lot more.

Edited by Shadwell Dog