The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Yet for all that, St Mirren had a better defensive record than Livi last season, and Samson was key in that. The amount of big saves he made in key moments was a major factor in us having the league wrapped up so early.

:lol: Stop it Gaddy, I'll be drenching my breeks soon :lol:

37 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Good post mate. Gavin Reilly has knocked back Saints twice not because he hates the club more has a new babyand wants to get the best deal possible.  Who can blame him he is as sound as a pound.  Not like Robbie Neilson who wants money St Mirren don't have to take the club forward.  But the idiots can't work than out sadly.  

What Neilson said is no different to what JR said a few weeks ago, that he wasn't interested in treading water and wanted the club to progress, really don't see why some have got their knickers in a twist about it. 

5 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'll think about it once you've deleted your account.

At least you communicate Sir, even if it is nonsense.

Anyway, come on over to B&W  Army now.

I'm in the Sin Bin so I cannae spoil your posts.

And Div aint for letting me out. :angry:

Maybe, you could put a good word in for me ?

Edited by shull

30 minutes ago, Hendo said:

What Neilson said is no different to what JR said a few weeks ago, that he wasn't interested in treading water and wanted the club to progress, really don't see why some have got their knickers in a twist about it. 

As I have written Hendo we are a club who works within its needs , penny in , penny out. Neilson,  if you want the club to go forward put the money up. Yes or No Hendo ? 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

St Mirren had a better defensive record than Livi because they are better going forward and their possession style kept other teams away from the ball much more than Livi's more direct style.

Neil Alexander was comfortably the best keeper in the division last season for me but Samson is decent. He may well have been next best. Him or maybe Ridgers. Ludo is right about the Championship though. The standard of keepers has regressed in recent years. To be fair only those three and the two relegated keepers were automatic picks.

United, Queens, Dunfermline, Morton & Falkirk all chopped and changed keepers this season (for injury reasons rather than form in some cases). 

St Mirren had a better defensive record because they had a good defence and goalkeeper. Samson was integral to that.

I agree though, the standard of keeper in the league generally was poor. I saw some absolute horrorshows this season from various goalkeepers, especially in games against ICT, Queens and Falkirk, but Samson was pretty solid throughout. As I said before, we might go and sign a new goalkeeper, but I don't think it will be a priority, there are much bigger gaps needing filled.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Love's the club genuinely not much more to add.  His biggest successful career has been with Saints luv  the guy.  

So you're saying someone hacked your account to post this? 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Good post mate. Gavin Reilly has knocked back Saints twice not because he hates the club more has a new babyand wants to get the best deal possible.  Who can blame him he is as sound as a pound.  Not like Robbie Neilson who wants money St Mirren don't have to take the club forward.  But the idiots can't work than out sadly.  

Are you sozzled mate? :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Yes. But you ignored my post above clearly no answer to we are a club who works within it's means regarding the guy you want as manager.  Answer that that ? 

You weren't asking me, you were asking Hendo. You even mentioned him by name in the post. Twice.

In fact, looking at it, I'm not even sure you really asked a question. You made a statement then asked Hendo *specifically* to answer yes or no. To a non-question.

So why you're having a go at me for not answering a non-question that wasn't directed at me is anyone's guess, really. 

Do you have sunstroke? 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

You weren't asking me, you were asking Hendo. You even mentioned him by name in the post. Twice.

In fact, looking at it, I'm not even sure you really asked a question. You made a statement then asked Hendo *specifically* to answer yes or no. To a non-question.

So why you're having a go at me for not answering and non-question that wasn't directed at me is anyone's guess, really. 

Do you have sunstroke? 

Just answer the bloody question!! Whatever it was:lol: