The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Right, question has to be asked. If Jack Ross does move on, who do we replace him with? 

Goodwin is many folks first choice, certainly not mine though. Think he would be a potentially disastrous appointment at this stage in his career. Jack at least had a wealth of coaching experience when he came in. Goody had very little indeed. 

Fowler is also obvious but we don't have anything like a good history when bringing guys up from assistant manager roles. 

Hartley is the leading light for lower league managers currently not in employment but is a massive risk given his history with St Mirren and the fact that he's hugely unpopular among the supporters and has been for over 20 years. A shite start would see the support baying for his blood and probably stagnate season ticket sales into the bargain. 

The usual suspects are ranging from uninspiring to say the least to downright ridiculous or dinosaurs. Guys like Presley, Butcher, Yogi, Mixu, Gus. None of these guys quite cut it for my liking.

Personally, I'd be going a bit left field and my original choice for the job Jack took on.  Frank Nuttall has a wealth of experience in Africa dealing with some of the continents biggest clubs and has been looking for a way into Scottish management for a few years now. He's currently the head coach at Hearts of Oak, one of Ghana's biggest clubs but he'd be a decent shout at coming in and possibly bringing something a bit different to the table. 

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Is the reason for this post making absolutely no sense down to the fact that you are so rattled over nothing?

You missed the obvious irony in my first post, then didn't understand the next one.

I'm not here to explain subtlety to you. Now off you pop.

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

828145DD-5BA2-4C77-9B59-2C5ECB9FCAEE-882-000000D54D5C77D2.jpeg.f8fa68dd6a20bf4e3cae45569ad88031.jpeg

Sorry, too soon?

He's good mates with Gordon Scott but he's someone who would see the anchors going on season ticket sales in a big way.

'If you want entertainment, go to the cinema', I believe he once said.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

You've got fellow fans on here who think he will stay because your stadium is more modern than ours :1eye

Which is silly - however at least our new stadium exists. I hardly think a claim that Dundee will have a new stadium in a few years time will make much difference either.

26 minutes ago, Stu said:

Which is silly - however at least our new stadium exists. I hardly think a claim that Dundee will have a new stadium in a few years time will make much difference either.

Stu that new build of St Mirren's is an abomination, I'd be gutted to move to a stadium like that. Bring back Love Street. 

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

Was that not Bobby Williamson that said that?

He may have said it but it certainly came from Gus at a point where supporters were getting a bit restless over the eye-bleedingly dull, negative football.

828145DD-5BA2-4C77-9B59-2C5ECB9FCAEE-882-000000D54D5C77D2.jpeg.f8fa68dd6a20bf4e3cae45569ad88031.jpeg
Sorry, too soon?

MacPherson was my choice before we brought Ross in as I felt he had more experience and would have made us harder to beat.

I don't think he'd be the man for the job this time round however.

I'm still skeptical that this Ross story is as far along as the papers would have us believe however.

Odds just in on who is going to have the most monumental heads gone once Jack Ross is appointed as our manager:

Buddist Monk (fav) - Stopped taking bets

Insaintee - 1/4

Glenburn Bud/Northbank/Demented Zebra - 1/3

DJ Chapsticks - Evens

Sergie's No1 Fan - 2/1

Bazil85 - 3/1

Buddie In Dundee - 5/1

Stu - 50/1

Gareth Glasgow/Coventry Saint - 150/1

GBud84 - 1,000,000/1

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Odds just in on who is going to have the most monumental heads gone once Jack Ross is appointed as our manager:

Buddist Monk (fav) - Stopped taking bets

Insaintee - 1/4

Glenburn Bud/Northbank/Demented Zebra - 1/3

DJ Chapsticks - Evens

Sergie's No1 Fan - 2/1

Bazil85 - 3/1

Buddie In Dundee - 5/1

Stu - 50/1

Gareth Glasgow/Coventry Saint - 150/1

GBud84 - 1,000,000/1

5/1?! Cheeky c**t.

Hang on...