The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Well yes - the squad that you spunked money on by signing ten new players in January was only good enough to finish 7th, recording the same points total as Dumbarton. Have a check at the league table, before you have another breakdown about not taking part in the Champions League next season. 
Get back in your box. 
_90011794_tonyf.jpg

From where they started that was very good. Second most inform team in the league over the last quarter. You can spin it anyway you want everyone knows we're better than little Morton.
Better team
Better achievements
Better stadium and facilities
More fans
Brighter future

You raging? Remember February and Alex Rae? Just think of happier times. 4th in the championship is the same as a major trophy or premier league football, don't worry. Are you raging? Remember we nearly went down? Were you really happy then?

Truly devastated we made the play-offs and the League Cup semi-final with smaller crowds :bairn
There was more than 1600 too. 

Heart breaking, that time you made a semi final reminded me of us lifting the same trophy. You raging? Remember Alex Rae? You must of been so happy as well? Did you enjoy the last two seasons? Happiest time ever as a football fan? That's cute.

You're one of those guys who adds punchlines to jokes that don't need them, aren't you?

Is the reason for this post making absolutely no sense down to the fact that you are so rattled over nothing?

The fact of the matter is that Morton have been improving season upon season for the last 3 seasons.

St.Mirren? Drastically getting worse and worse. Yes Jack Ross pulled off a miracle but you have to remember you survived, only just. There was a period of time where you were still shite under his stewardship. Davie Irons comes to mind when I think of a manager who kept us up by the skin of our teeth but was pretty much useless otherwise.

Mid table again for you lot sounds about right. Considering there isn't any real "he's one of the best in the division" talent in your squad so far then that's what I am going with.

Early predictions for the Renfrewshire sides? (Just a gut feeling but by all means come July I'll change my mind) Morton 3rd/4th, St.Mirren 5th/6th.

1 hour ago, Tri-TON said:

Early predictions for the Renfrewshire sides? (Just a gut feeling but by all means come July I'll change my mind) Morton 3rd/4th, St.Mirren 5th/6th.

Mad, mental stuff, sir! Get out the sun!  Predictions this side of the window are wishful thinking at best, other than the sole prediction that Jack Ross will not actually be able to walk on water, contrary to the belief of his many acolytes here on P&B.  

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

The fact of the matter is that Morton have been improving season upon season for the last 3 seasons.

St.Mirren? Drastically getting worse and worse. Yes Jack Ross pulled off a miracle but you have to remember you survived, only just. There was a period of time where you were still shite under his stewardship. Davie Irons comes to mind when I think of a manager who kept us up by the skin of our teeth but was pretty much useless otherwise.

Mid table again for you lot sounds about right. Considering there isn't any real "he's one of the best in the division" talent in your squad so far then that's what I am going with.

What rubbish [emoji23][emoji23] yes we've had a couple of poor seasons but we have retained the majority of a team that's been on fine form at Championship level. We've brought in money his summer with likely more to come from sell on clauses to strengthen further and already signed some very promising players. McGinn, Morgan, Maggenis, Smith, McKenzie are all very good quality players at that level, arguably could get in any squad in the league with McGinn possibly being one of the very best in the division.

On what planet do you think Morton are in a better position? You have 9 contracted full time players for next season, 1 win in the last 12 and a much smaller budget than us. In other words a full rebuild to do. Please enlighten me to your logic that you'll likely finish higher than us for the third season in a row... from my understanding that would be the first time in 70 years that happened.