The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watt is twice the player Brophy is.

....but not even half the  player Mark Yardley was.

Utd. going down & County staying up might very well suit us nicely being able to move Brophy out and bring Watt in!

Edited by btb

Great result yesterday.

Gogic was immense. Big Joe solid. Main top on workrate and causing fear. Kiltie was good too. No one played below par.

Delighted Watt got his 1st goal for us, with more to come hopefully.

Hearts are on a poor run, though we play them on their patch. Dare we dream of another 1st half like yesterday for us?

3 points there and we are on their tails, with the Killie game to come.

Big difference finishing 3rd from 6th. Right now I'd take 4th - but prizes there to be won for sure.

Thought Thierry Small was tremendous yesterday. There's not a lot of players at our level who give Nicky Devlin a really shite time but Small had him on toast, particularly in the first half.

Hard to believe the boy is only 18. Would love to keep hold of him as he's a real prospect. 

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thought Thierry Small was tremendous yesterday. There's not a lot of players at our level who give Nicky Devlin a really shite time but Small had him on toast, particularly in the first half.

Hard to believe the boy is only 18. Would love to keep hold of him as he's a real prospect. 

Yeah, another year's loan would be excellent. I think Tanser should probably move on, but we all know how hard it is to recruit down the flanks, so would need to be confident a better replacement was coming in.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm hoping Southampton see the improvement and if he,s happy in Paisley allow him another year . He has improved loads since he,s arrived.  Looks like he,s happy here too .

We should enjoy Small while he is here. I think there is no chance he'll be here next season especially if Southampton get relegated which looks likely. He is a £5m player and they won't waste him on another loan when they can sell him for millions or put him straight into their team.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

We should enjoy Small while he is here. I think there is no chance he'll be here next season especially if Southampton get relegated which looks likely. He is a £5m player and they won't waste him on another loan when they can sell him for millions or put him straight into their team.

Shit, I've barely been paying attention to that league; hadn't realised how much trouble they were in tbh.

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Makes Spurs offer of him for £800k in January look really stupid and you can understand why it was absolutely thrown out there and then. Southampton ended up shelling out somewhere between £3m and £4m for him in the tribunal with Everton a couple of years ago.

Interesting to see where we were in the season we lost the goal against Hamilton in the last 30 seconds to miss the top six. I don't remember being so far in advance with only two games to play.

Strange looking back that we were in a far stronger position then to secure top six (with less points gained from a game more to boot) than we are now. Albeit we are looking potentially at anywhere from 3rd - 7th this season rather than 5th - 9th.

IMG_2616.thumb.jpeg.922cbe42dd2fddead52bcfb033f9297d.jpeg.f092684eca1cf737c9ceba24ec9e266d.jpeg

18 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

That Hamilton game was a massive kick in the stones.

We had about 3 games in hand over StJohstone and kept drawing. 

It was sort of karma due to our games getting postponed because of the several COVID outbreaks at the club, but aye still a kick in the balls. 

Last season was very deflating too. We were in a superb position.

Robinson has won 99% of folk round now but it was getting very hard to defend him, especially after the league cup in the summer. 

42 minutes ago, McG said:

Long shot but if anyone has a couple of spare tickets for Tynecastle can you drop me a pm, I’ve left it too late as usual.

Cheers, much appreciated.

There was a bud on twitter looking for one. A fellow bud answered who had four spare tickets . No idea who these guys are but if you put out a tweet for tickets you might strike it lucky.