The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, medals said:

Thought we were keeping these kind of things under wraps to prevent being gazumped?

So is it the players agent who is advertising his client?

Wouldn't he command a decent fee too? (when is he contracted till?)

Depends. There's not a lot of details regarding contract length. There may also be a clause there if Morecambe get relegated.

Interesting team :

St Mirren: Carson, Fraser, Shaughnessy, Dunne, Strain, Baccus, O'Hara, Gogic, Small, Watt, Main.

Substitutes: Urminsky, R Taylor, Gallagher, Tanser, Flynn, Kiltie, Jamieson, Offord, Greive.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Some game next week after those results today. MASSIVE game next week at Tynecastle. Bring in on !

Stopped doing away games but got a ticket for this one if we can pick up 4 points from our last three games it should be enough to get us into the top six. Fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Stopped doing away games but got a ticket for this one if we can pick up 4 points from our last three games it should be enough to get us into the top six. Fingers crossed. 

Realistically thar's a draw against Hertz & a win against Killie in game 33 - achievable if we're in top form -  however I'm gonna go into full @elvis mode and say we'll end up in 7th. I predict a reversal of the current situation with Livi5th, Hibs6th & like I say us missing out.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Tickets for Tynecastle showing as all sold on the ticketing page of the website. Is that it (looks like we only had a few hundred) or will another section be made available  ?

Is it not the case they don't sell that section because their halfwit fans in the corner of the main stand can't behave themselves? 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Tickets for Tynecastle showing as all sold on the ticketing page of the website. Is that it (looks like we only had a few hundred) or will another section be made available  ?

In the past was it not 800 tickets we were allocated ? Club tweet requested more tickets to be Hearts refused due to game being sold out. 

10 minutes ago, AW saint said:

If you had the choice would you bring back Brophey or sign Tony Watt?

A lot depends on what each is costing us. Watt is getting better as he gets more matches. I suspect Watt would be the "happier" player if it was a choice of one being at the club next season. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A lot depends on what each is costing us. Watt is getting better as he gets more matches. I suspect Watt would be the "happier" player if it was a choice of one being at the club next season. 

Financially you'd imagine both would cost similar? 

Brophy will likely be moved on anyway if we can find a buyer.

Maybe need both up front if King Curtis doesn't sign a new deal 😮

The 2 up front looked a great pairing yesterday, they clicked so well. 

Both have fitness issues, Brophys seem more medical, Watt seems to be his own down fall. Robinson would be good for him though, would need a good pre season under his belt. 

22 minutes ago, AW saint said:

If you had the choice would you bring back Brophey or sign Tony Watt?

If Curtis Main was to leave a Brophy - Watt partnership could be something really quite good at our level.

I don't think Brophy will stay though, the priority will be to get him off the wage bill if we can make a direct replacement for Watt, who I believe we have an option to make permanent.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Both have fitness issues, Brophys seem more medical, Watt seems to be his own down fall. Robinson would be good for him though, would need a good pre season under his belt. 

Watt would 100% stay if Robinson stays. He's on record saying that Robinson pushes him to his peak physically and is a constant kick up the arse that he probably needs.