The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 24/03/2023 at 20:58, djchapsticks said:

If I had a gun pointed at my head and told 'Pick a St. Mirren supporter to be taken in by this and if you get it wrong, you get shot', I'd have picked you 100 times out of 100 Zingali. :lol:

Guy is a verified ponzi schemer FFS. That you think he 'seems genuine' is not an endorsement, one thing that ALL chancers have in common is that they appear genuine, or they wouldn't have much success in scamming, would they?

Never forget that Reg Brealey was also a multi millionaire.

SMISA, for all it's many faults, was set up to protect people like this from buying into SMFC willy nilly without going through the proper avenues and putting the club at risk. The additional benefit is that it also protects the club from a section of our supporters who believe every fucking conman who flashes their thigh at us.

The clue is in the first sentence. But rant away . 

39 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The clue is in the first sentence. But rant away . 

I don't know Mr  Dickson his video seems genuine to me time will tell

Hmmmm, quite. 

I mean you're happy to opine that he 'seems genuine' before going on to call other St. Mirren supporters 'thick idiots' for having the gall to see right through it. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Hmmmm, quite. 

I mean you're happy to opine that he 'seems genuine' before going on to call other St. Mirren supporters 'thick idiots' for having the gall to see right through it. 

I see our chairman is going to meet him for a chat. Hey he might be full of bull but I have no idea . I do tend to take people at face value. 

4 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I see our chairman is going to meet him for a chat. Hey he might be full of bull but I have no idea . I do tend to take people at face value. 

John Needham didn’t say that in his interview.

14 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Ok he said he would have a conversation which is a chat is it not 😂

He said there was no reason why they shouldn’t have a conversation, nothing about it definitely happening like you implied.

Nothing will come of the whole thing anyway - Dickson is using the club for attention and it’s worked so fair play to him. I’m still shocked at how many folk think the club should be entertaining chancers like him but each to their own.

6 minutes ago, SS77 said:

He said there was no reason why they shouldn’t have a conversation, nothing about it definitely happening like you implied.

Nothing will come of the whole thing anyway - Dickson is using the club for attention and it’s worked so fair play to him. I’m still shocked at how many folk think the club should be entertaining chancers like him but each to their own.

Do you even know the guy .there's always someone who think they know better than others .do you know the guy to be able to form the opinion that he's a chancer I'm guessing you don't know the slightest thing about him .

21 minutes ago, SS77 said:

If you want the exact word for word. He would be happy to have a conversation with the potential investor . I'm looking at it on my laptop  

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Do you even know the guy .there's always someone who think they know better than others .do you know the guy to be able to form the opinion that he's a chancer I'm guessing you don't know the slightest thing about him .

I don’t need to know him - I’ve read enough and seen enough to form that opinion of him. 

A quick look on Companies House gives the impression that he doesn’t have the fortune he claims to have.

10 minutes ago, elvis said:

Scotland has a talent for knocking their own. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Again, everything about the guy from the evidence gathered points to chancer or scammer.

This is not simply about folk 'knocking their own' FFS. That's an utterly mental claim.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I don't know Fred Goodwin, he's from the area as well though and was a fucking chancer who was one of the primary drivers behind the economy collapsing 15 years ago and sending us all into recession.

Does the fact I don't know him exclude me from saying he was a chancer?

He has put himself out there on the Internet to be seen and generated publicity for himself. His business and clout is driven by his personality and whether folk 'buy' him or not and most of us, having read testimonials of folk who have dealt with him and his companies house history, choose not to buy him.

The fact that you've taken massive boo-boo face over this is your problem.

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

If you want the exact word for word. He would be happy to have a conversation with the potential investor . I'm looking at it on my laptop  

You can see the difference between 'is going to meet him for a chat' in your first post, and then 'being open to a conversation' though, right?

I would be willing to go out to dinner with Lily James, but that's not the same as saying it's going to happen, sadly.

Screenshot_20230326-220537.png

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

The guy is a p***k. He should be nowhere near St Mirren, and I think the only reason he is putting himself out there just now is for clicks on his social media accounts. He is good friends with a friend of mine and I’ve actually played golf with him on a couple of occasions at Mar Hall. No doubt the guy has a few quid, but he’s basically scamming gullible fools by selling them places on property investment courses at £4/5k a time. Hes also a thin skinned man child, who made a video showing documents proving that he was the owner of his McLaren supercar, all because someone commented saying he wasn’t the owner. If you had enough money that you could afford half a million quid worth of cars, would you be concerning yourself with the opinions of anonymous people on the internet? I do know that he is a genuine St Mirren supporter, I’ve seen him regularly at the games, but even if he fronted up the cash I would be extremely wary of having him holding any influence over the running of the club. I’m 99% sure it’s a social media stunt, and I hope the club realise this. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

You can see the difference between 'is going to meet him for a chat' in your first post, and then 'being open to a conversation' though, right?

I would be willing to go out to dinner with Lily James, but that's not the same as saying it's going to happen, sadly.

Screenshot_20230326-220537.png

Seriously ? Will put it down to boredom FFS get a life. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

The guy is a p***k. He should be nowhere near St Mirren, and I think the only reason he is putting himself out there just now is for clicks on his social media accounts. He is good friends with a friend of mine and I’ve actually played golf with him on a couple of occasions at Mar Hall. No doubt the guy has a few quid, but he’s basically scamming gullible fools by selling them places on property investment courses at £4/5k a time. Hes also a thin skinned man child, who made a video showing documents proving that he was the owner of his McLaren supercar, all because someone commented saying he wasn’t the owner. If you had enough money that you could afford half a million quid worth of cars, would you be concerning yourself with the opinions of anonymous people on the internet? I do know that he is a genuine St Mirren supporter, I’ve seen him regularly at the games, but even if he fronted up the cash I would be extremely wary of having him holding any influence over the running of the club. I’m 99% sure it’s a social media stunt, and I hope the club realise this. 

Amazing how some are getting high blood pressure over this. Will repeat I don't know the guy. Nether does the chairman who is willing to have a conversation with the guy in the chairman's own words   Genuine or not I have no idea not done any home work on the guy  . Why ? I'm not really interested he has it or he does not . But you ladies keep firing away I will watch from the wings. Dearie me.