The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

18 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

This guy is fraud, and has been exposed online as a cereal packet Richard Tate, renting expensive cars to furnish the delusion he’s filthy rich.

I think you mean Andrew 😂

Richard Tait has done nothing wrong besides buying a dodgy looking grill for his teeth.

20 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I don't know the guy at all, but based solely on this article alone, it'd be a hard no from me.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/9784068/richard-dickson-millionaire-glasgow-mclaren-money/ 

"Money has allowed me to do amazing things, i can support people who matter to me and donate to charities" 

Kinda reads like he doesnt actually donate f**k all tbh. 

Q&A was very good last night. Robbo was there with Mark O'Hara and both came across very well.

Nothing really earth shattering although was interesting to hear that Robbo really doesn't want to play 3-5-2, he just realised that was the formation that could best utilise the strengths we had in the squad and that was a base from which to build.

Ideally, eventually, he'd prefer us to be able to play 4-3-3 but acknowledged there is always a fine balance between what you ideally want to do and the players you can get into the building given the budget we have.

Ayunga won't be back until October.

He's still hopeful of getting both Dunne and Main to sign a new contract but he did seem slightly more positive about the former. Said both absolutely love the club but end of the day both have admirers down South and the money down there is ridiculous, even League 2 and some conference clubs paying a lot more than we can.

Possible route back for Brophy in the Summer but not convinced we can afford to keep him.

Asked about why we don't seem to have a plan B, and said first and foremost he's trying to make sure we absolutely concentrate on having a solid plan A!

Had tenatitive talks about extending his own deal but not very far advanced at this stage.

Already well advanced with recruitment plans for next season, Australian market remains of interest as the players coming over from there are good value, usually very fit and very hungry.

Jet lag for Strain and Baccus in particular a real concern for the Livi game as both aren't back in the country until Weds night. Greive slightly better as he returns on Tuesday.

Think that's about all I can remember. He was in jovial mood and I think everyone present enjoyed listening to him.

He asked before we started that nobody record anything and allow the club to release the official recording, hence why no tweeting last night.

Found this quite interesting in the SMiSA statement today;

Following a question from a member at the last meeting, Ex Club Board Director Alan Wardrop informed the meeting of a developing situation between the Charity and the Kibble Club Board Directors. This was raised at the Clubs AGM in January. If, as Alan stated there is more to come on this issue we will review any further information if or when it is made available to us. SMISA is the majority shareholder at the Club and all Club business is by default of interest to SMISA. 

What does this mean?

18 minutes ago, Div said:

Found this quite interesting in the SMiSA statement today;

What does this mean?

Computer won't let me copy in the minutes but I assumed (probably wrongly) it assumed to the part about planning and grant applications put in by the Kibble for a sports hub near the ground without the club being informed and a conflict of interest not being declared.

Found it interesting in the minutes that the now departed SMiSA chairman felt the St Mirren board should resign!

1 hour ago, Div said:

Q&A was very good last night. Robbo was there with Mark O'Hara and both came across very well.

Nothing really earth shattering although was interesting to hear that Robbo really doesn't want to play 3-5-2, he just realised that was the formation that could best utilise the strengths we had in the squad and that was a base from which to build.

Ideally, eventually, he'd prefer us to be able to play 4-3-3 but acknowledged there is always a fine balance between what you ideally want to do and the players you can get into the building given the budget we have.

Ayunga won't be back until October.

He's still hopeful of getting both Dunne and Main to sign a new contract but he did seem slightly more positive about the former. Said both absolutely love the club but end of the day both have admirers down South and the money down there is ridiculous, even League 2 and some conference clubs paying a lot more than we can.

Possible route back for Brophy in the Summer but not convinced we can afford to keep him.

Asked about why we don't seem to have a plan B, and said first and foremost he's trying to make sure we absolutely concentrate on having a solid plan A!

Had tenatitive talks about extending his own deal but not very far advanced at this stage.

Already well advanced with recruitment plans for next season, Australian market remains of interest as the players coming over from there are good value, usually very fit and very hungry.

Jet lag for Strain and Baccus in particular a real concern for the Livi game as both aren't back in the country until Weds night. Greive slightly better as he returns on Tuesday.

Think that's about all I can remember. He was in jovial mood and I think everyone present enjoyed listening to him.

He asked before we started that nobody record anything and allow the club to release the official recording, hence why no tweeting last night.

Thanks for the update.

Any feedback surrounding the lack of use of Big Joe when we had injuries/suspensions?

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I don't know the guy at all, but based solely on this article alone, it'd be a hard no from me.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/9784068/richard-dickson-millionaire-glasgow-mclaren-money/ 

No relation to Stuart Dickson?

He also was also very wealthy with TVs in every room of his home.

What ever happened to him?

43 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Thanks for the update.

Any feedback surrounding the lack of use of Big Joe when we had injuries/suspensions?

He was asked about Joe.

Said he prefers Taylor to play if Dunne is out because he's left footed and that gives us far better balance.

Reckons once Taylor has got proper up to speed we will see what a good player he is so he's no qualms about playing him.

Said Joe is a dream to have around the club, a perfect professional, never mumps or moans when he's not playing and is always right at it in training.

Robbo said he's just been unlucky as when he did get his chance and played for a few games he then got injured, and dropped back out again.

Been no fall out, still has a great relationship with Shags.

1 hour ago, Div said:

He was asked about Joe.

Said he prefers Taylor to play if Dunne is out because he's left footed and that gives us far better balance.

Reckons once Taylor has got proper up to speed we will see what a good player he is so he's no qualms about playing him.

Said Joe is a dream to have around the club, a perfect professional, never mumps or moans when he's not playing and is always right at it in training.

Robbo said he's just been unlucky as when he did get his chance and played for a few games he then got injured, and dropped back out again.

Been no fall out, still has a great relationship with Shags.

Straight out of the managers PR manual. 😂 

Well let’s be honest he’s unlikely to say otherwise is he?

I think many of us feel that with Joe in the side at certain times in the season we would potentially have had more points in the league. We will never know. 

18 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Straight out of the managers PR manual. 😂 

Well let’s be honest he’s unlikely to say otherwise is he?

I think many of us feel that with Joe in the side at certain times in the season we would potentially have had more points in the league. We will never know. 

Yeah I think that is all pretty fair comment.

One thing Robbo was really passionate about last night, and O'Hara touched on it as well during the night, was how tight the group is. Mark said that was one of the big reasons why he signed a new contract because it's such an enjoyable place to work.

Looks inevitable that Shags will move on in the Summer sadly, a player I really like.