The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Why is this stuff about Baccus coming out now? We don't play one of the Old Firm for another few weeks - and we don't play the one that supposedly wants Baccus until April.

An update here on Erhahon: https://news.stv.tv/sport/st-mirren-confirm-that-bids-are-on-the-table-for-ethan-erhahon

Confirmed there are bids but some of the reports are wide of the mark. Hopefully that's the Portsmouth interest rather than the fee.

10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

If and when Baccus does leave, I would like to think he won’t stagnate his career by going to the Govan bigots. He’s better than that. 

I think we should double his price before considering an offer from them.

There will be plenty interest in him and i'm sure better career moves than going to play for them.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I think we should double his price before considering an offer from them.

There will be plenty interest in him and i'm sure better career moves than going to play for them.

I think that depends on whether he would sit on the bench or break into the first team. He's potentially going to play Champions League football with them.

Losing both Erhahon and Baccus in this window would be painful. 

Gogic could move into Ethan's role quite comfortably but we'd definitely need an all action type midfielder to replace Baccus. Much as I love him, I don't think Kiltie is that type of player.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Gogic could move into Ethan's role quite comfortably but we'd definitely need an all action type midfielder to replace Baccus. Much as I love him, I don't think Kiltie is that type of player.

Got to agree with you. Both would be a loss. However I have faith that Robbo would get decent replacements. 

28 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nah. Agreed. Kiltie is a number 10 and not much else. Can't see any attempt to play him elsewhere being successful.

33 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We could potentially move to a 3-4-1-2 with Gogic, O'Hara and Kiltie further forward, but would definitely need someone else to come in to offer more strength in depth. We also have Flynn and Reid, though Flynn doesnt have the energy of Erhahon or Baccus while Reid is untested.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Thank f**k we as supporters took a stand against continuing rolling over for the arsecheeks.

The alternative is we could feasibly end up in this shambles:

20221230_184202.thumb.jpg.9cac7133a7426cd10e50b448b35eaf0b.jpg

Could have housed them in this and given The 2012 AllStar Franchise all four stands.

0A66B8D9-646E-47C7-A361-0CC2E2A6FDEE.jpeg

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

In other news, Jay Henderson has joined Caley on loan it appears.

Interesting move - one of my biggest criticisms of Robinson is a steadfast refusal to give Jay minutes. We know he's definitely good enough to play his part.

I like him but I don’t think he’s worth shifting the system around to give him minutes.

Expect to see one of Offord or Jamieson back this month. 

3 minutes ago, SS77 said:

I like him but I don’t think he’s worth shifting the system around to give him minutes.

Expect to see one of Offord or Jamieson back this month. 

There's been a few times we've been chasing games that a shift of system to accommodate width in more advanced areas wouldn't have been a bad move.

In same vein, he's signed Olusanya who is a winger and decided he's not going to play wingers, so where does he fit in?