The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

50 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

What does the expression “full match highlights” mean?

Means the game is not shown live . Full game shown later. Hope that helps though you know that already.  Why do Saints fans like to have a boot into fellow Saints fans. Followed St Mirren home and away ,Europe also. since 1967.   Fair to say have met a good few Saints fans over the years face to face. Have genuinely to meet a Saints fan I don'tike face to face there is a common bond a love of our club, the St Mirren family I like to call us. . Come online and it goes tits up for some reason.  Not saying I'm perfect by any streach of the imagination as I bite like I am now.  We have different views but it does not mean we want different things for the club we all want success.  

Full match highlights on BBC Teuchter usually means you’ll hear the phrase ‘nonny - nonny’ several times. My understanding of Gaelic has improved by one word thanks to fitba’ on Alba. That word being nonny. Until then my knowledge of Gaelic was limited to the odd word that stuck in my head after listening to a Runrig album. BBC Alba have educated me.

4 hours ago, medals said:

See the stats expecting us to finish 6th.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63974438

Of course there are no guarantees but from last seasons prize money that would mean £200 k more than our budgeted 7th place.

Or £700 k more than if we budget for 11th and finished there.

That would also mean 6 teams getting less than us rather than one.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Full match highlights on BBC Teuchter usually means you’ll hear the phrase ‘nonny - nonny’ several times. My understanding of Gaelic has improved by one word thanks to fitba’ on Alba. That word being nonny. Until then my knowledge of Gaelic was limited to the odd word that stuck in my head after listening to a Runrig album. BBC Alba have educated me.

So what does it translate as?!*

*and why did you just admit to listening to a Runrig album?!

7 minutes ago, Drooper said:

So what does it translate as?!*

*and why did you just admit to listening to a Runrig album?!

Nil nil, and it's neoni neoni.

Runrig are class.

I'm going to play this with a straight bat and give you two to listen out for that regularly crop up:

"Air ais" (ayr ash) meaning "back", and "cairt bhuidhe" (carsht vooey) meaning "yellow card".

17 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nil nil, and it's neoni neoni.

Runrig are class.

I'm going to play this with a straight bat and give you two to listen out for that regularly crop up:

"Air ais" (ayr ash) meaning "back", and "cairt bhuidhe" (carsht vooey) meaning "yellow card".

What about "penalty Rangers!"

With the way the games and postponements have fallen we'll play our 10th home game of the season on Saturday whilst having played only SIX away games.

Be brilliant to put one over on Goody on Christmas Eve. Buzzing for it!

3 hours ago, Div said:

With the way the games and postponements have fallen we'll play our 10th home game of the season on Saturday whilst having played only SIX away games.

Be brilliant to put one over on Goody on Christmas Eve. Buzzing for it!

Looking forward to getting back to the SIMSA but not for booing JG, glad he had a chance and thank him for what he did but I wouldn’t swap SR from him, we have improved so much and if Goody feels he’s went to a better place then fine. Loved placing above them last season and would love to pump the big team again on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Lola montez said:

Looking forward to getting back to the SIMSA but not for booing JG, glad he had a chance and thank him for what he did but I wouldn’t swap SR from him, we have improved so much and if Goody feels he’s went to a better place then fine. Loved placing above them last season and would love to pump the big team again on Saturday. 

Can't see Goody being booed to be honest, but we've all moved on and it would absolutely be sweet to beat them on Sat.

They will have played two competitive games post break by the time we play them on Saturday whilst we've been in cold storage for 5 weeks. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. We should be fresh but we're also bound to be a bit shorter on match fitness levels.

Tough game but they don't tend to travel very well and hopefully we can edge them out again.

You may have missed out on Ronaldinho and Mahrez over the years, but Baccus looks like a player who will soon grace the higher leagues. You guys have done well to produce a few midfielders over last decade or so, most notably jMcginn. Baccus is certainly a 2-5 million pound player imo.

EXCLUSIVE: St Mirren closing in on Taylor 

St Mirren are closing in on a deal for Waterford’s Richard Taylor.

Buddies boss Stephen Robinson is looking to seal a move for the central defender.

The former Burnley youngster has come on to Robinson’s radar from head of recruitment Martin Foyle.

The 22-year-old was across to Paisley for a club visit.

He is now waiting to see if a deal can be agreed to see him move permanently when the transfer window opens next month.

Taylor has also had senior spells at Southend and at Dagenham and Redbridge.

Foyle has been a big factor in shaping Robinson’s squad, bringing in the likes of Jonah Ayunga and Toyosi Olusanya.

St Mirren had a strong start and now find themselves just outside the top six.

The Buddies board are set to back Robinson and his squad as they try to push for European football in the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, greenock saint said:

EXCLUSIVE: St Mirren closing in on Taylor 

St Mirren are closing in on a deal for Waterford’s Richard Taylor.

Buddies boss Stephen Robinson is looking to seal a move for the central defender.

The former Burnley youngster has come on to Robinson’s radar from head of recruitment Martin Foyle.

The 22-year-old was across to Paisley for a club visit.

He is now waiting to see if a deal can be agreed to see him move permanently when the transfer window opens next month.

Taylor has also had senior spells at Southend and at Dagenham and Redbridge.

Foyle has been a big factor in shaping Robinson’s squad, bringing in the likes of Jonah Ayunga and Toyosi Olusanya.

St Mirren had a strong start and now find themselves just outside the top six.

The Buddies board are set to back Robinson and his squad as they try to push for European football in the second half of the season.

Big Joe must be moving on