Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Decent enough draw for us. 

With home advantage at the fortress, there can only be one outcome. 

I'm sure we are more happy than Dundee fans. Only lost one game at home our first league game against Motherwell how we lost that is a head buster. Beat Celtic draw with Rangers.  Definitely home advantage should see us through.  Dundee doing not bad in the Championship but so are so many teams in that league it's so tight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the great stories in our history! Keanu will be coming back to Paisley 20 years from now getting a hero's welcome.

To think we were delighted he made the squad and could now feasibly be starting in a knock-out game against Argentina!

No doubt some decent-sized clubs will be in for him. How much?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

One of the great stories in our history! Keanu will be coming back to Paisley 20 years from now getting a hero's welcome.

To think we were delighted he made the squad and could now feasibly be starting in a knock-out game against Argentina!

No doubt some decent-sized clubs will be in for him. How much?

 

Especially as was pointed out on BBC earlier, he had 20 minutes of international experience before the tournament. 

He looked completely comfortable out there, it was as if he'd been a full international for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Competition time.

Guess which walloper posted this elsewhere in relation to Baccus.

Quote

 

Some boy has played about two games for St Mirren and he's already being touted as the new Zidane. 

They just cannot help themselves.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Especially as was pointed out on BBC earlier, he had 20 minutes of international experience before the tournament. 

Fair play to Baccus. Could have been one of the many guys who get brief runouts for their national teams in friendlies and that's it. 

This extended period with the national team has given him the chance to impress and he's obviously stuck out in training.

He's come from nowhere to being trusted to play in 2 different positions across the middle of the park in one of the biggest halves in Australian football's history. 

It should really kick his career on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Competition time.
Guess which walloper posted this elsewhere in relation to Baccus.
 

Some boy has played about two games for St Mirren and he's already being touted as the new Zidane. 

They just cannot help themselves.

 
 
Elvis?
Zingali?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2022 at 13:54, djchapsticks said:

I'd say if we pulled for example high six figures or low seven for Baccus, that would be realistic and a worthwhile exercise.

Plus there is the money we get for him actually being there. The earliest they can go out is Saturday now, so that's Day 14. Plus we get the 14 days before.

28 days at roughly £9,000 a day is just over £250K. That's not too shabby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Fair play to Baccus. Could have been one of the many guys who get brief runouts for their national teams in friendlies and that's it. 

This extended period with the national team has given him the chance to impress and he's obviously stuck out in training.

He's come from nowhere to being trusted to play in 2 different positions across the middle of the park in one of the biggest halves in Australian football's history. 

It should really kick his career on.

Really wouldnt be surprised to see him start the next game. He did very well in the time he had on the park and was getting into some. good positions at both ends of the park. 

Could easily have been left out today due to the magnitude of the game, though he's been trusted to come on and make a difference. Well done to him for getting his head down and getting noticed.

This extra run also lets us coin in a little longer. Big ask to get beyond Argentina ,though certainly didnt disgrace themselves vs France.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Plus there is the money we get for him actually being there. The earliest they can go out is Saturday now, so that's Day 14. Plus we get the 14 days before.

28 days at roughly £9,000 a day is just over £250K. That's not too shabby.

Yeah, we split the money with Western Sydney which could go a long way to helping out in the next transfer window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...