Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

Can assure you I am not Glen, no idea who he is, love to chat to him as he does appear to have very g”interesting information.
I am happy to post under my own name, not hiding.
Not a great deal of time on my hands but care about our club and its future.


How do you feel about the current set up at the club Stewart?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Not really appropriate. 

There will be a time to ask the relevant questions, have a view and make comment, still a great deal of homework to be done first.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will be a time to ask the relevant questions, have a view and make comment, still a great deal of homework to be done first.
 


Look forward to your post when the homework is done
PS what a season by Ferguslie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

See SMiSA board application email has gone out today. I have been told in the past by a pal who is also a good mate of David Nicol that I should throw my name in as I would make a decent fist of it but the reality is that when it comes down to matchdays, I'm usually far too far gone during the game to maintain any sense of composure and professionalism when representing the club. :lol:

I can vouch for that bud :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

See SMiSA board application email has gone out today. I have been told in the past by a pal who is also a good mate of David Nicol that I should throw my name in as I would make a decent fist of it but the reality is that when it comes down tmatchdays, I'm usually far too far gone during the game to maintain any sense of composure and professionalism when representing the club. :lol:

You certainly are club positive so that's no bad thing I would give you my vote. Would love Div to be involved  Div is one smart cookie has his own business anyone self employed understands expenditure to spending basic business skills. Div has always said he does not want involved.  We need you mate so much rumours need put to bed .  Do it short time for us all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only if theyre released before the transfer window ends, that's why you often see players released on deadline day.

He's signed for Airdrie and seems to be in the squad for today. Guessing we must have released him before the window shut but not announced it then? Weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GAD said:

He's signed for Airdrie and seems to be in the squad for today. Guessing we must have released him before the window shut but not announced it then? Weird.

He wasn’t registered as a player this season, guessing that’s why he’s been able to register at another club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

He wasn’t registered as a player this season, guessing that’s why he’s been able to register at another club.

It's a bit of a weird one to not register your backup/3rd choice goalie or release them before the window and not announce it for a full month unless the understanding was that it wouldn't be made public knowledge until Lyness got something else sorted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a bit of a weird one to not register your backup/3rd choice goalie or release them before the window and not announce it for a full month unless the understanding was that it wouldn't be made public knowledge until Lyness got something else sorted.

Maybe it's a reaction to Ayunga's save last weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has any other club got as abysmal a record as Saints at Ibrox?

In games v Rangers (1872) and (2012) Saints have only won 8 league games and 1 league cup tie...EVER! The last win was over 30 years ago.

Would be interesting to see a comparison with the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, DU etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Has any other club got as abysmal a record as Saints at Ibrox?

In games v Rangers (1872) and (2012) Saints have only won 8 league games and 1 league cup tie...EVER! The last win was over 30 years ago.

Would be interesting to see a comparison with the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, DU etc.

Aye, a shite record. Never mind though, forget that, we’re surely all waiting on our former chairman to come back onto an open fan forum when he’s ready, to let rip with his findings on the current incumbents of the FeegieField boardroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has any other club got as abysmal a record as Saints at Ibrox?
In games v Rangers (1872) and (2012) Saints have only won 8 league games and 1 league cup tie...EVER! The last win was over 30 years ago.
Would be interesting to see a comparison with the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock, DU etc.


Is our record at Parkhead much better? Before last year we hadn’t won there for over 30 years either.
But yeah the away old firm games I always write off as zero pointers. In Paisley it’s different, I always fancy us to get something, and we often do.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lex said:

Is our record at Parkhead much better? Before last year we hadn’t won there for over 30 years either.
But yeah the away old firm games I always write off as zero pointers. In Paisley it’s different, I always fancy us to get something, and we often do.

 

Slightly...11 league wins and 1 LC win.

I did check earlier about Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc. their records at Ibrox are similarly poor with league victories barely breaking into double figures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Slightly...11 league wins and 1 LC win.

I did check earlier about Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc. their records at Ibrox are similarly poor with league victories barely breaking into double figures.

We haven’t won in the league at ibrox (play off excluded) since 1997. At Fir park ( play off excluded) since 2002 ( I think)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...