Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Perfectly happy with that.

Definitely. We'll need to rotate players at some point anyway so Kiltie and Shaughnessy will get game time, no doubt about it.

42 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Cover in the left back area would have been good, but that aside, we seem to have a decent, balanced squad.

Depending how bad Tansers injury is. Could argue Tanser is Taits back up now 😄 whenever he is fit again.

Can't be that bad if we didn't get anyone in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All that fuss for nothing then? Good. Hope and expect Shaughnessy and Kiltie to feature plenty this season, two cracking players and we’d have been mad to let either go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the only way we will see a free agent coming in is if we are forced through injuries to do so.

Oran Kearney had one of the best outside transfer window moves that i can remember with the addition of Adam Hammill and Anton Ferdinand. At that point i didnt really fee we needed to add, though they did add quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smellthepaw said:

I think the only way we will see a free agent coming in is if we are forced through injuries to do so.

Oran Kearney had one of the best outside transfer window moves that i can remember with the addition of Adam Hammill and Anton Ferdinand. At that point i didnt really fee we needed to add, though they did add quality.

You didn't feel we needed to add to the squad that Stubbs assembled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor Simeon Jackson always gets forgotten. Came in same time as Hammil and Ferdinand, played more games than both, scored 6 goals (second top scorer!) including some important ones, but one shit penalty and it's all forgotten....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was a proper cigars-out transfer window. Absolutely outstanding business and held onto basically everyone we'd want to, aside from probably Alnwick (though Carson is clearly more than decent).

Almost every incoming player is also a pler, with jury only out on Olysanya still. Seriously, while the dealings aren't as flashy as the historic summer of 2011, I cant remember a summer of such undiluted quality coming into the club.

I saw someone rating Callum Davidson's permanent transfers on the Fakes thread. There were six that were ranked as successes. Robinson has just brought in Carson, Gogic, Gallagher, Strain, Baccus, O'Hara and Ayunga. There's seven already. What a hit rate.

 

Such a shame we're ~£10m in debt and going bust imminently as this season was looking promising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Happy with no outgoings. Squad looks decent.

Wonder if guys like Offord, Reid and Taylor will get lower league loan moves in next few days to give them much needed minutes.

Well that was quick!

Alloa is a good move for Offord and two steps above where he played and excelled last season. Four good months with them and we can take a look at where he is in January.

I get the feeling that if he hadn't suffered a broken toe, Olusanya may also have gone out to adapt to the rigours of the game up here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Well that was quick!

Alloa is a good move for Offord and two steps above where he played and excelled last season. Four good months with them and we can take a look at where he is in January.

I get the feeling that if he hadn't suffered a broken toe, Olusanya may also have gone out to adapt to the rigours of the game up here.

I reckon he should be placed in a field full of cow's arses armed with a banjo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I reckon he should be placed in a field full of cow's arses armed with a banjo.

Can't agree with that. Loaning him out to St. Johnstone would be a terrible idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Robinson on his interview saying he was up till 1am last day of on to say the transfer window working on a deal that would have brought in a significant amount of money to the club. Robinson went on to say we will now have to wait till January.  Dylan Reid  ?  Erhahon  ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Robinson on his interview saying he was up till 1am last day of on to say the transfer window working on a deal that would have brought in a significant amount of money to the club. Robinson went on to say we will now have to wait till January.  Dylan Reid  ?  Erhahon  ? 

Both will be able to sign PCAs in January so neither will bring in a "significant amount of money".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far this season we've played 6 games scored first in 3 and won them and conceded first and lost the other 3, I'll admit that this is maybe not as exceptional as it sounds because the course of a game is often settled by the first goal, but it is a continuation of a pattern set last season and during his dog days at Well @capt_oats - am I getting my knickers in a twist too soon or do we need to develop a Plan B for when we go behind?

Just for the record I'm reasonably satisfied with Robinson's record so far and think we'll be competitive amongst the Bottom6 teams but there little room for error for a team like Saints.

Edited by btb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erahon played like a man who was up on the phone to his agent till 0100h.  

When he's played well, we've been good and generally won those games.  Was played a bit too deep yesterday, didn't get going and for that and a number of reasons, we were pish. 

Was my youngest's first away game yesterday. 'Their stadium is a bit rubbish, smells funny, isn't as good as ours'.

I think he'll be okay...  🥰

Edited by Doctor Sanchez
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...