Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

Not keen on losing Kiltie, but the simple truth is that he doesn't fit into the way we play just now, when he had the opportunity to play as an advanced central midfielder he really shone. Now, he has to compete with the three in the middle or get punted out on the wing, neither suit him.

Not sure how much money we would get for him but it would surely not offset bringing someone else in and/or the benefit it would bring to one of our rivals.

Edited by Ric
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not in favour of allowing Kiltie to leave especially if it strengthens a rival club. Also we have a relatively small squad in which we will most likely require his services through injuries or suspensions. 
 

Having said that if both Joe and Gregg Kiltie leave in this window, I’d be gutted if we didn’t have at least one more signing lined up to cover left back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Interesting that there is zero Kiltie chat on the Livvi thread. Having said that there is zero chat on that thread in the last 12 hours but I would have thought had it been serious there might have been a few posts on the subject.

All their fans are just in a whatsapp group so they mainly chat in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Losing Shaughnessy and Kiltie significantly weakens us. Fair enough both are too good to sit on the bench.
Are we needing to offload wages because of the Gogic signing?
Pretty sure it was said at the time this would be the case. Shaunessey was the name mentioned from the get go. The Kiltie rumours seem to be unconnected in that it stems from Livvi making a move for him rather than us saying he needs to get off the wage bill.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, sergie said:
Losing Shaughnessy and Kiltie significantly weakens us. Fair enough both are too good to sit on the bench.
Are we needing to offload wages because of the Gogic signing?

Pretty sure it was said at the time this would be the case. Shaunessey was the name mentioned from the get go. The Kiltie rumours seem to be unconnected in that it stems from Livvi making a move for him rather than us saying he needs to get off the wage bill.

They're signing midfielder Stephen Kelly from the blue bigots, so I doubt Kiltie will be moving to them.

Raman saying on STV that Robinson is trying to get a player in. Most likely Josh Reid or another LWB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

They're signing midfielder Stephen Kelly from the blue bigots, so I doubt Kiltie will be moving to them.

Raman saying on STV that Robinson is trying to get a player in. Most likely Josh Reid or another LWB.

Kiltie is allowed to leave, both Kilmarnock and st Johnstone are trying to get him on loan before the window closes tonight.

Cant believe Robinson is allowing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/08/2022 at 03:01, IrishBhoy said:

I’m not as sold on Baccus as some others seem to be…just yet. Absolutely no doubt he has the ability, and I had an inkling that we were signing a gem when I seen how highly rated he had been in Australia, but I definitely think there is room for him to just slightly increase the quality of his play. There was a few aimless passes up the line today, a couple of tackles that brought him to the attention of the referee and on a couple of occasions a lack of composure when looking to play a forward ball. 
 

Not trying to dampen the hype around him but I just think we’ve not seen enough to merit some of the plaudits. It must be said that he’s a 24 year old boy that’s just moved from the other side of the world without his family, so if he’s putting in performances like this already I’m looking forward to seeing him when he’s settled. 

Kiltie is bit-part and doesn’t fit the system. I can see why he’s going. I’d be more disappointed in losing Joe as he’s a great captain but Robinson seems to favour Dunne and Gallacher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be disappointed to see Kiltie leave, I think he's a good player. That said, for most of his time with us he's not been a starter. It took him a while to make an impact, now he's dropped down the pecking order. You could understand if he was wanting to leave. Do you stand in his way and risk having an unhappy player sitting on the bench?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spam_Valley said:

Kiltie is bit-part and doesn’t fit the system. I can see why he’s going. I’d be more disappointed in losing Joe as he’s a great captain but Robinson seems to favour Dunne and Gallacher. 

Kiltie still provides an excellent option and a strong member of the squad if/when we need to change shape.

If him and Reid go (as Reid out on loan is apparently likely) then we're a lot weaker in that area at close of play than we were this morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Kiltie is bit-part and doesn’t fit the system. I can see why he’s going. I’d be more disappointed in losing Joe as he’s a great captain but Robinson seems to favour Dunne and Gallacher. 

No idea why I’ve quoted a post from ages ago 🤒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, McG said:

Kiltie is allowed to leave, both Kilmarnock and st Johnstone are trying to get him on loan before the window closes tonight.

Cant believe Robinson is allowing it.

Yeah, not happy about this. He's still a pretty young player and he has a lot to offer. I guess game time is going to be limited so maybe the player is pushing for it. But I'd be trying to keep him; certainly not letting him go to a rival.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Kiltie still provides an excellent option and a strong member of the squad if/when we need to change shape.

If him and Reid go (as Reid out on loan is apparently likely) then we're a lot weaker in that area at close of play than we were this morning.

He provides an option, yes but I wouldn’t say an excellent one. He’s never held down a regular place since he signed for us and bar a couple of games, he’s done nothing of note either. I don’t think it’s as major an issue letting him go as some think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...