The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

Fraser was also responsible for letting a county player run in behind him and head onto the post.

Almost identical to his mistake that led to Arbroath's winning goal in the cup game. 

Unfortunately the financial outlay on Main and Brophy has resulted in an extremely poor return in terms of goals.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if any of the aforementioned players were moved on.

The thing with Fraser is that he's been a good performer for us in the past. In fact I am sure there was a run of games where he was effectively our man of the match each game. He's also not had as much game time under Robinson. While I wouldn't 'lose any sleep' over him going, I don't think he's a lost cause either.

Main is very much what you see is what you get. I have issue that it took him so long to put in a consistent set of performances, and for a man with the experience he has it should have happened long before it did. Robinson does seem to get more out of him, and I'd be pretty relaxed about him leaving.

Brophy... I just don't know. It seems like the Dargo situation all over again, yet in Dargo's defence he was pretty prolific before he came to us.

My issue I suppose with any of them leaving is that any one of them could turn up at one of our rivals and get the spark they needed to up their game. I'm not suggesting we offload Fraser to, say, St Johnstone, and I have no idea if their fans would take him or not, but I could easily see him being moved over to there and playing as well for them as he did when he first arrived at us.

1 hour ago, WHU said:

Anyone any idea what happened with the young centre back Campbell ? 

Did he not play for the colts in the challenge cup the other day? There was someone listed at CB who was called Campbell.

2 hours ago, WHU said:

Anyone any idea what happened with the young centre back Campbell ? 

He literally just turned 16 about 3 weeks ago so probably won't be getting that much game time this season. I remember Gary Kenneth breaking into the Dundee Utd team as a very young lad and suffering badly as he was still growing physically.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving young talent minutes here and there but that generally doesn't happen with centre halves who more often than not, will see out the full 90 unless injury or tactics force a change.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He literally just turned 16 about 3 weeks ago so probably won't be getting that much game time this season. I remember Gary Kenneth breaking into the Dundee Utd team as a very young lad and suffering badly as he was still growing physically.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving young talent minutes here and there but that generally doesn't happen with centre halves who more often than not, will see out the full 90 unless injury or tactics force a change.

I thought the question about Campbell related to the fact that , last we heard , he hadn't signed a pro contract with us and there was a queue of clubs interested. SR said we were "hopeful" of tying him down , but there's been no announcement !

36 minutes ago, billyg said:

I thought the question about Campbell related to the fact that , last we heard , he hadn't signed a pro contract with us and there was a queue of clubs interested. SR said we were "hopeful" of tying him down , but there's been no announcement !

That is what I was referring to. There was all this fuss then nothing

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

All a bit strange after he was rumoured to have signed for Dundee United. Would definitely be pleased to have him back, the midfield enforcer we need to allow the others to play.