The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

As if it's the fucking X Factor.

Indeed. When St Mirren score, my reaction with my mate is always the same - ‘Yasssss!’ (Unless of course it’s a consolation goal at 3-0 down or something). Can just see the first VAR decision involving us and Sir William of Collum… he’ll make the decision last five minutes. The only thing missing will be Ant & Dec in front of the dugouts in lounge suits, holding prompt cards and saying ‘Willie. We need your decision.’

Edited by pozbaird

Apparently Brophy didn't play on Saturday due to not being match fit as he is behind in pre-season as they allowed him time to recover from his injuries. They didn't want to rush him back and he won't be available this weekend either.

Who is the more angry manager? Alexander or Robinson? They are both more than capable of saying too much in an aggressive manner and being given a card of either flavour.

This isn't a dig at Robinson, in many ways I felt Goodwin was too placid at times.

50 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Apparently Brophy didn't play on Saturday due to not being match fit as he is behind in pre-season as they allowed him time to recover from his injuries. They didn't want to rush him back and he won't be available this weekend either.

Robinson said that Brophy felt a lot of stiffness (ooer) on Saturday, so he wasn't risked. However, both Brophy and Main should be involved next week.

Stephen Robinson pleased after win over FC Edinburgh (stmirren.com)

2 minutes 50 in.

Which reminds me - in my days of playing fives at Pitz Supersoccer in Paisley, I wore the bib strip a lot. It was lined with a sort of fuzzyfelt, and was braw’ in the winter. There was a bit of weight and substance to the bib strip replica shirt. None of today’s poncy breatheable tech-mesh lightweight under-arm panel pish. That bib strip wasn’t tailored to the exact specifications of highly tuned athletes, it was tailored to the needs of useless overweight fuds charging around Pitz of a Sunday afternoon,

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Robinson said that Brophy felt a lot of stiffness (ooer) on Saturday, so he wasn't risked. However, both Brophy and Main should be involved next week.

Stephen Robinson pleased after win over FC Edinburgh (stmirren.com)

2 minutes 50 in.

And now.....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/stephen-robinson-rates-eamonn-brophys-27567089

A total Lowry, a matchstick man with matchstick arms and legs.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

They can play in whatever they can find in lost property.

I would not be against us wearing this seasons away kit in every match from now until the end of time

Brophy scored the same amount of  league goals last season as Main, Grieve, Jones, Kiltie and Henderson combined. Pretty sure he missed less games through injury than some of them as well. Scored the same amount of goals as Ronan who we've already lost. Not sure I'm too keen on kicking those goals out of the club because he's missed some of pre season.