The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, Lex said:

Is that a record low crowd for a competitive home game at the new stadium without restrictions then? When was the last time it was lower? The 70’s at Love St?

I remember early 70's we had not much more than 1,00 fans going into Love Street.  We have a fickle support as today  fact .  The die hards turned up today around 1,500 these are the real die hards. Always laugh when reading Motherwell are same size as Saints. Motherwell have a bigger support and are more successful than St Mirren. Ross Country.  ICT , Hamilton are now around  Saints size. Motherwell,  Dundee United,  are all much more successful than Saints.  Give Robinson time he can take us more successful.  Sadly fickle Saints fans will get him sacked and so it will go on and on. 

54 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Also, mind last season someone madeup a rumour about a striker (and TBF not quite as obvious as Yerma Zelavon but no far behind it) and @ZingaliMan just couldn't wait to post it on here.

Everything he posts on here has to be taken with  

Yes your right you are a tit. 

19 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I remember early 70's we had not much more than 1,00 fans going into Love Street.  We have a fickle support as today  fact .  The die hards turned up today around 1,500 these are the real die hards. Always laugh when reading Motherwell are same size as Saints. Motherwell have a bigger support and are more successful than St Mirren. Ross Country.  ICT , Hamilton are now around  Saints size. Motherwell,  Dundee United,  are all much more successful than Saints.  Give Robinson time he can take us more successful.  Sadly fickle Saints fans will get him sacked and so it will go on and on. 

Nope simelar fan base to Motherwell who have been much better than us in the premier league. 

Hamilton can’t get 1500 at league games, Caley will be 2500 and county around 3500 but they do have an excellent manager and chairman. We will grow the support if we actually win some games at home. Our home form hasn’t been good for years now.  As for the team it’s well short and if this is it in terms of recruitment then I do feel it’ll be very difficult to see us having a decent season. 

Edited by Norrie82

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

Nope simelar fan base to Motherwell who have been much better than us in the premier league. 

Hamilton can’t get 1500 at league games, Caley will be 2500 and county around 3500. We will grow the support if we actually win some games at home. Our home form hasn’t been good for years now.  As for the team it’s well short and if this is it in terms of recruitment then I do feel it’ll be very difficult to see us having a comfortable season

Jeez St Mirren are a big club. We are one of the smallest clubs in the league . But you and me and every supporter have a BIG heart ❤.  

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, he also said that someone "ITK" told him that Steven Davis was DEFINITELY leaving the currants to sign for us.

Walter Mitty was right more often.

It's been in thee press Davis was offerd a deal with Saints but Rangers offerd a new contract.  So yes you were WRONG  not unusual  right lol. 

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

No. Jeez oh I pass on what I heard. You ever feel your detached from the club you have supported since 1967 .  For what it's worth Kibble for me is a good thing can save us a fortune in wages bringing in Kibble maintance staff and staff to run the club which can only be a good thing in my book. Savings can go to player budget.  As a fan that can only be a good thing in my book. Chairman is a banker so missing 1.2 million from the books seems strange. Stewart Gilmour is a buddie through and through if you know him. Let's see how it plays out.  

Sorry if my post made you feel detached from the club, but you have to admit, you haven't got a very good record when it comes to these big itk "exclusives" of yours.

Good to get a badly needed win yesterday, even if it was a dead rubber against a team from two leagues below us. Ayunga was unlucky not to get a hat-trick and he’ll surely score more than Obika did as he seems able to take chances in the six-yard box. Keanu looks a player. An impressive debut for someone who has had a hectic week. Reminded me of Tim Cahill with his enthusiasm and all-action style. He will be a big asset this season. Strain is getting better with every game, so we will have plenty of options on the right. The academy lads showed up well too. Slight concern is the tendency to lose goals to breakaways, this really needs to be addressed asap. It did look as though their goal was offside though, so maybe VAR will help. Shout out to Tait for his assist for the third goal, who needs Tanser!

15 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

The 1.2 million is part of the grant and is missing from the books. Stuart Gilmour pushing to find out where the money went. Quite a lot of bad feelings towards Kibble most staff at the club have been replaced with Kibble staff including the ball boys/girls. Was told this at the game from an ex-chairman not Gilmour.  

Staff......incuding ball boys 😅😅😅. Do you even think about these things when you type ?

11 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I hoped he would get some time on the park today. With both Main and Brophy to come back into contention Lewis will drop even further down the pecking order. And best of luck to Clyde.

Quite suprised he never got off bench espicially yesterday or away to Cowden..

Pace to burn and eye for a goal

Contributed plenty to our cause last two loans and can understand he maybe wants to try and stay involved in 1st team squad but even more game time will bring him on im certain

All the best 🇾🇪

2 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Contributed plenty to our cause last two loans and can understand he maybe wants to try and stay involved in 1st team squad but even more game time will bring him on im certain

All the best 🇾🇪

You might find LJ stays until we find out the fitness status of Curtis Main and Brophy. Robinson likes to have plenty of options given it’s early in the season.

We need to see how he gets on against premiership opposition if called upon. It’s only fair in my opinion.

It’s been a great St Mirren close season. Ticks every box - shite performances in the League Cup? Check. ‘Old Firm run rule over St Mirren starlet’? Check. Run out of the new kit after two minutes and there’s ‘more coming soon’? Check. New signings that we haven’t a clue about? Check. 4-4-2, 5-3-2 or 4-3-3, or indeed let’s try 2-1-3-4? Check. Internal politics? SMiSA ‘I heard from a mate’? Kibble this, Kibble that, Kibble the other? Friction between goodness knows who within (and indeed without) the hallowed walls of FeegieField? Check.

Wouldn’t be the same without it. I feel happy that we have put in a good, solid, normal, fcuked-in-the-head St Mirren pre-season.

Bring it on. Top 6 here we come. I’m ready…

#Our town. #Our team. #Our away kit even in games we don’t need it.

Edited by pozbaird

All the best [emoji1267]

Yep me too. With Main and Brophy both out I expected we’d see plenty of Jamieson, but we hardly seen any of him. If he can’t get minutes in those kind of games he’s not going to get any in the league and when there’s more competition for places.
Robinson must not fancy him and I expect him to leave the club soon.

Going back years and years, I've been under the impression that the Gilmour / Scott relationship is not particularly good. I assumed that was a big reason why Stewart has been taking potshots at the running of the club.

SG: saved us from Brearley, plenty of top flight football and the League Cup win but it was stale at the end: nothing was happening off the park and the appointments of Craig and Rae were significant misjudgements.

I think it would be fair to say that Gordon Scott and his board pushed the club forward significantly after they took over in 2016. That is perhaps sticking in the throat a bit. Men and their egos....

23 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Going back years and years, I've been under the impression that the Gilmour / Scott relationship is not particularly good. I assumed that was a big reason why Stewart has been taking potshots at the running of the club.

SG: saved us from Brearley, plenty of top flight football and the League Cup win but it was stale at the end: nothing was happening off the park and the appointments of Craig and Rae were significant misjudgements.

I think it would be fair to say that Gordon Scott and his board pushed the club forward significantly after they took over in 2016. That is perhaps sticking in the throat a bit. Men and their egos....

Had Scott not tried to take the club over prior to the SMISA involvement? I feel like there was a story that Gilmour had resisted that. I may have made this up.

11 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I was at the game but have you just learned the word fickle or do you get a prize every time you write it?

3 hours ago, Kempes said:

Good to get a badly needed win yesterday, even if it was a dead rubber against a team from two leagues below us. Ayunga was unlucky not to get a hat-trick and he’ll surely score more than Obika did as he seems able to take chances in the six-yard box. Keanu looks a player. An impressive debut for someone who has had a hectic week. Reminded me of Tim Cahill with his enthusiasm and all-action style. He will be a big asset this season. Strain is getting better with every game, so we will have plenty of options on the right. The academy lads showed up well too. Slight concern is the tendency to lose goals to breakaways, this really needs to be addressed asap. It did look as though their goal was offside though, so maybe VAR will help. Shout out to Tait for his assist for the third goal, who needs Tanser!

Thank you for posting this!

A post about the game………….hopefully this sort of content catches on.