The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread

9 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Some footage of Pietmaat (number 16) below. He does indeed look like a Gogic-type player.

Also looks like a player who will be a favourite with referees

I think if Gogic was going to sign, he would have by now. Glad we are moving on to other targets.

I'd have thought someone who was a first team player for Shankland's team in Belgium would be wanting more money than we can afford to pay. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Daniel Finlayson has joined Linfield on loan until the end of the season.

Should be looking for a couple players that can play CB then for cover.

He is not shown enough to merit being in the first team squad imo. Good to see him moved on early

Posted (edited)

Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 

Shaughnessy, Dunne, Fraser, Tait, Tanser

O'Hara, Erhahon, Flynn, Baccus, Henderson, Kiltie, Reid, McMaster 

Brophy, Main, Greive, Jamieson, Offord

Centre half is probably the biggest "need" going into the season and I don't think we've been linked with one yet.

No news on young Fraser Taylor? He was offered a first team contract according to the squad update back Iin mid-May. Left winger I think, was out on loan at Cumbernauld last season.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

14 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 

Centre half is probably the biggest "need" going into the season and I don't think we've been linked with one yet.

No news on young Fraser Taylor? He was offered a first team contract according to the squad update back Iin mid-May. Left winger I think, was out on loan at Cumbernauld last season.

That squad would get us relegated. Hopefully a few more quality players to come.

22 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 

You've missed out Ayunga.

I think some of these players, like McMaster, Offord and Jamieson, possibly Reid as well could be loaned out again.

Probably need 2 defenders, attacking central midfield playmaker, wide midfielder and another striker.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think some of these players, like McMaster, Offord and Jamieson, possibly Reid as well could be loaned out again.

Probably need 2 defenders, attacking central midfield playmaker, wide midfielder and another striker.

Yeah I reckon we will make another 4-5 signings.

22 players already..... will fall by a few if Offord, etc go out on loan but it looks like the squad will be bigger than last season, perhaps significantly.

Goalkeepers

Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Brophy, Main, Greive, Ayunga, Jamieson, Offord

On 05/06/2022 at 15:58, glenburn bud said:

I’d say £100 to £150K would be about a fair price. That should cover the cost of keeping the old firm mutants out of the family stand.

But it won't.

Because like I said before, we could have 20,000 OF fans and the club would still want more in by giving them the Family Stand.

Greed is a hard habit to shift.

22 players already..... will fall by a few if Offord, etc go out on loan but it looks like the squad will be bigger than last season, perhaps significantly.
Goalkeepers
Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 
Defenders
Midfielders
Forwards
Brophy, Main, Greive, Ayunga, Jamieson, Offord

For me we need cover at the central defender position. Even more so if Dunne was to go.

If going for this 3412 still we need someone on the right the same as Tanser as Tait is cover at best.

Midfielder I feel if Gogic isn't signing on we need someone as good as him to have the dig in the middle. We also need to have someone potentially to give Kiltie some competition in an attacking midfielder role.

Im not sure with the list above if will get another striker (I do feel we need ones that can score and create more), but I feel we 100% need additional pace anywhere on the park.

9 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Good to see the club are giving the fans what they want, a chance to boo Paul Hartley again.

Given Hartlepool's nickname, we should have Paisley Panda on the pitch pretending to hang a monkey, before moving onto a replica of Hartley. It would be just like the old days.

….and that, in my opinion, is how you do it… if that’s got stripes on the back with red names and numbers, then I might need X Hamst… erm, a wee lie down in a darkened room. Go on St Mirren, go on Joma, do it. Copy it. You know deep down you want to.

6584F67D-0DD7-4083-9882-FF125BC8C83F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

….and that, in my opinion, is how you do it… if that’s got stripes on the back with red names and numbers, then I might need X Hamst… erm, a wee lie down in a darkened room. Go on St Mirren, go on Joma, do it. Copy it. You know deep down you want to.

6584F67D-0DD7-4083-9882-FF125BC8C83F.jpeg

Yeah, saw this yesterday and thought the same thing. It's a fantastic shirt.

11 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Good to see the club are giving the fans what they want, a chance to boo Paul Hartley again.

Seem to remember him making an appearance in a rather fun friendly about 20 years ago.

13 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Carson, Lyness, Urminsky 

You forgot the big lad Ayunga

• djchapsticks changed the title to The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread