The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, McG said:

We are seemingly after Jamie Walker as well.

Did we not try to sign him before, but he went back to Hearts instead? Not played a lot of football recently but I always liked him.

2 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
10 minutes ago, Torfason said:
That should make the Dandies happy :whistle

Thing is we would appreciate the stuff he does and the role he plays.

I would love Gogic to sign for us but if Jim is signing players like Gogic he will be job hunting by Christmas as they chase him back down the road. 

The extra salary and budget comes with pretty clear expectations, he will get the summer to build but if things don't start well next season....... the knives will come out. 

Much like Robinson, I think the good will has been used. 

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Gogic saying he will now stay in Scotland and assess his options.  Hope we offer him a deal. 

First player after Ronan we’d all want for next season. I suspect our old Gaffer will be trying to get him up to Aberdeen if he’s now saying that he’s likely to stay in Scotland.

Vote on the BAWA Player of the Year: 

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/poty

B&W ARMY PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2021-2022

Div is a usless b*****d and was supposed to publish this poll this week after getting an agreement from the 1877 club that we could piggyback on them presenting their awards for the season after today's game and hand over ours at the same time.

Trophies didn't look like they would arrive on time so the baldy b*****d did nothing and then THE FUCKING TROPHIES ARRIVED THIS MORNING.

So we have rushed to put together the quickest poll in the history of Player of the Year awards.

Voting closes at 16:45 TODAY. Sorry folks!

Choose your main player of the year and your Tam McGarry young player of the year for season 21-22 below. Mind Ronan has won pretty much everything so whilst he is a more than deserving candidate this is our chance to reward one of the other stellar performers in the squad.

But it's up to YOU! And once more, apologies for the rush , I'm going to to give Div a slap when I see him. Baldy useless baldy b*****d!

It's amazing what a couple of wins can do.

As much as I was one such fan who was disappointed and worried about his terrible start, I'll admit I'm far more optimistic for next season now he's stopped the rot. I'll be even more so if we can get good results in the last two games too.

Rumoured transfers sound promising too 👍

15 minutes ago, Buddiesaint said:

Yeah, was a good feeling around the place today.

Thought Ethan was excellent in the middle of the park and great to see the continued improvement in Main. His goal.... I've not seen many hit the back of the net with that much force. Even though it was close to the keeper he had no chance.

In Robinson's post-match interview he said Curtis will be going for an operation on Thursday so, presumably, he'll miss Pittodrie next Sunday.

Charlie Adam...... after the initial ironic applause when he was subbed it was actually quite touching to see some of the (slightly) older fans put their hands together for him. Whenever I see him I still think back fondly to how he helped deliver our last great season at Love St. Obviously I'm not the only one. Can't be too many guys still kicking about who played for us at the old place?

PS. Urminsky is an absolute monster!

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

I remember he scored a crucial goal against Clyde at Broadwood when the Saints went on to pip the Bully Wee to the Championship title. Hint of hand ball about it but heh ho…

Remember that one and also this last minute winner:

As much as I was one such fan who was disappointed and worried about his terrible start, I'll admit I'm far more optimistic for next season now he's stopped the rot. I'll be even more so if we can get good results in the last two games too.
Rumoured transfers sound promising too [emoji106]

Yep two deserved wins and good performances overall. We are certainly better than St Johnstone and Dundee, who are the worst two teams in the league.
If we could beat someone outside the bottom two in Livi and/or Aberdeen we will go into the close season on a bit of a roll. Seventh spot would be very much on the cards if we could win on Wednesday.

Main's overall performance yesterday was water and oil from what we saw earlier in the season.

He was absolutely superb. His touch, his pace, his link up with Greive was all excellent. 

Looks like his season will be over as he's in for his scheduled ankle surgery on Thursday and you could see in the post match lap how much he was toiling to walk. A shift and a half from him.

Apparently we're after Jonah Ayunga from Morecambe.
Pacey forward like Charles-Cook at Ross County, only much taller.
In contract, but available for transfer.
Jonah Ayunga - Wikipedia
Thought I read somewhere that there are a fair few at Morecambe being made available, though under contract. Wondered if then how many we would be linked to:
Ryan Delaney - CB
Anthony O'Connor - CB
Ryan Cooney - RB
Ryan McLaughlin - RB/RWB
Connor Pye - LB
Shane McLoughlin - CM/RWB
Jonah Ayunga - RW/ST
Wes McDonald - RW/LW
Jon Obika - ST

Also players that are there and put of contract this summer:
Greg Leigh - LWB/LB
Rhys Bennett - CB
Aaron Wildig - CM
Arthur Gnahoua - LW/RW/ST

12 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Charlie Adam...... after the initial ironic applause when he was subbed it was actually quite touching to see some of the (slightly) older fans put their hands together for him. Whenever I see him I still think back fondly to how he helped deliver our last great season at Love St. Obviously I'm not the only one. Can't be too many guys still kicking about who played for us at the old place?

There was something about Adam's performance yesterday that made me feel a bit sad. The guy was a very, very good player who played at a high level for years. Yesterday he was miles off it. I described him on the match thread as being like a big lad in school who wants to take all the corners and free kicks and just smash the ball as hard as he can.

His wee altercation with Erhahon just before Main's goal summed his day up, too slow so gets beaten to the ball and had to leave a wee bit on Erhahon, then gets involved with a bit of handbags. 

If that is indicative of his performances this season then it'll surely be his last.