The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, elvis said:

Sadly those players wont come if we are in the championship which is exactly where we are heading at a fast rate of speed.

I think we're safe now, Elvis. 

Let’s just forget the last two months ever happened [emoji16]
Season over, we will stay up, now let’s focus on next season. Robbo will get the chance to build his team and he will get judged solely on that. I think it could work out well.

What a relief! I thought we were decent today, showed a bit of steel and really battled for the 3 points, something that I think has been lacking in the past few weeks. 

Main played well, that's the type of player I hoped he'd be for us. An absolute pain in the arse for defenders. No one expected a 15 goal a season striker but wanted a physical, hard working player. McCart and Gordon will be coming off the pitch black and blue. Hopefully we see more of this. 

I thought Greive was good too, had to feed off scraps a lot but he was alert and was dangerous. Kiltie, Ronan and Gogic all good too. 

Just now, Lex said:

Let’s just forget the last two months ever happened emoji16.png
Season over, we will stay up, now let’s focus on next season. Robbo will get the chance to build his team and he will get judged solely on that. I think it could work out well.

As i said the other day, it would be nice if we could build a bit of momentum up between now and the end of the season, take the heat off Robinson a bit so we have a clean slate.

Fair play to the manager and players today, it was a gutsy win, they rolled up their sleeves and delivered.

Sort of disappointing Main played better than average, it will give Robinson more reason to pick him.

Other than that, it was a rotten game, we looked nervy and weren't able to kill them off. That said, St Johnstone look as bad as I've ever seen them, and that includes in the Championship.

We have breathing space, which _should_ be enough, and gives Robinson some room to work out what he wants his team to look like next season.

Robinson certainly knows how to use Main he was a constant thorn in St Johnstone defence with his physical play. He pulled a St Johnstone player by the neck of his shirt making the player fall over Main to win a free kick outside St Johnstone's box.  

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Let’s just forget the last two months ever happened emoji16.png

You must be GUTTED that Robinson won today btw.

That’s the biggest back track I’ve seen in a long time.

45 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

See this is where we go wrong as a fanbsse.

Rather than be pleased one of our players has played well we are disappointed?

Might be in the minority here but I reckon Main has done OK recently. How about we get behind him rather than constantly criticising?

If he puts in more performances like that he will be an asset. 

I hope for everyone's sake we can put that terrible run behind us, kick on and have a fresh start in the summer. 

Robinson still has a lot of folk to convince. 

On 25/04/2022 at 11:03, billyg said:

It tells us we need to get shot of him now and get a young ambitious manager in during the summer , with an experienced No2 . Robinson is a never-has-been and the BOD should recognise their mistake and get him in the bin !

On 25/04/2022 at 11:14, Mr. Smith said:

ROBINSON OUT!

At ease knicker-wetters, at ease.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If he puts in more performances like that he will be an asset. 

I hope for everyone's sake we can put that terrible run behind us, kick on and have a fresh start in the summer. 

Robinson still has a lot of folk to convince. 

We managed to put the terrible run between August and December behind us, so anything is possible.

Just now, FTOF said:

We managed to put the terrible run between August and December behind us, so anything is possible.

Yep, it's been the same group of players that have had the erratic form.

Can look back at multiple results under both managers that have cost us top 6 this season.

I don't know how we are going to replace Ronan in the summer. 

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yep, it's been the same group of players that have had the erratic form.

Can look back at multiple results under both managers that have cost us top 6 this season.

I don't know how we are going to replace Ronan in the summer. 

As much as Ronan has been our best player this season, given the performances of our other players, that's not really much of an accolade.

He was very poor today. His passing was woeful.