The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

The report of the SMISA AGM mentions that Allan McManus would like us to have a youth team in the Lowland League if finances allowed.

Get that idea to f**k.

Think you have to consider whether a) the players would benefit from it and b) whether the club would miss out by not doing it.

I guess the downside is if players are 'locked in' to the b-team for the season. If it can be used as a proxy reserve league to help give players game time who might otherwise have missed out, then I can see the positives.

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

The report of the SMISA AGM mentions that Allan McManus would like us to have a youth team in the Lowland League if finances allowed.

Get that idea to f**k.

I think the overall idea is a terrible one. However, it’s it’s going ahead we might as well take a look. Not that I’d likely go watch…

Seems unlikely that we'd chuck a B team in. You need 22 players, plus a hilarious list of dedicated staff given the league gets about 150 fans at games if it is lucky. It's designed to be the Old Firm B teams.

We'd be easier making a link with a Lowland League or decent WoS club to take our players regularly as development loans and offer informal assistance.  

I disagree with the B teams and way the LL is doing it particularly as they hypocritically voted to keep relegation limited in any case!

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Half their allocation and charge the scumbags double. There problem solved.

Can't imagine there are many pay at the gate home fans for they games anyway. If there is we'd need to charge them double too, but give them another home game free. 

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Half their allocation and charge the scumbags double. There problem solved.

Can't imagine there are many pay at the gate home fans for they games anyway. If there is we'd need to charge them double too, but give them another home game free. 

I’d have no issue with paying extra for a season ticket if it means limiting both of the ugly sisters to one stand.

Its hard times for everyone just now, the cost of living makes going to football games expensive for us all. I get that but if you can afford it then I’d be happy to pay more. 

On 25/04/2022 at 11:42, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Why are folk going on as if Goodwin has left and is racking up the points with Aberdeen? This is Goodwin's squad. This is the imbalanace he left us with. Mental to suggest Goodwin would have gotten us more points had he stayed.

We're now at the business end of the season where teams tend to put runs together in a desperatre bid to beat the drop, yet Goodwin's two teams he has managed in the league this season are in absolute freefall.

How is it mental to suggest that a manager who had taken 13 points from his 5 games in charge after the winter break might have managed more than the 3 points from 8 games Robinson has delivered since?

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

How is it mental to suggest that a manager who had taken 13 points from his 5 games in charge after the winter break might have managed more than the 3 points from 8 games Robinson has delivered since?

Bugger off you with your common sense!!

22 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

People keep (rightly) complaining about Goodwin's long winless runs, but it has to be pointed out that, this season, we never lost two consecutive games under Goodwin. Not winning in 11 was murderous to watch, yes, but we still picked up a draw every other game.

Robinson has already steered us to 3- and 5-game losing streaks, which is up there with our Covid-hit early 20-21 form, or Kearney's efforts with a dogshit squad.

If we end up going down this season, we absolutely utterly deserve it. 

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

People keep (rightly) complaining about Goodwin's long winless runs, but it has to be pointed out that, this season, we never lost two consecutive games under Goodwin. Not winning in 11 was murderous to watch, yes, but we still picked up a draw every other game.

Robinson has already steered us to 3- and 5-game losing streaks, which is up there with our Covid-hit early 20-21 form, or Kearney's efforts with a dogshit squad.

If we end up going down this season, we absolutely utterly deserve it. 

I've woken up feeling positive. It's a bank holiday weekend, pay day has just been. A draw today would keep St Johnstone an arms length, with two home games coming up, one being against the last team we beat and another against a team we have a good record against. 

I won't be mentioning the P or R words today. Until after 4.45pm at least 😬

Edited by houston_bud

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I've woken up feeling positive. It's a bank holiday weekend, pay day has just been. A draw today would keep St Johnstone an arms length, with two home games coming up, one being against the last team we beat and another against a team we have a good record against. 

I won't be mentioning the P or R words today. Until after 4.45pm at least 😬

Fair play bud. The long gap between games hasn't helped my rollercoaster of emotions about our state.

The fact we keep on recruiting top flight players for next season is making me feel positive. Our atrocious record in Perth is doing the opposite.

Hoping I can find a stream for the game, but expecting it to be completely attritional.

11 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair play bud. The long gap between games hasn't helped my rollercoaster of emotions about our state.

The fact we keep on recruiting top flight players for next season is making me feel positive. Our atrocious record in Perth is doing the opposite.

Hoping I can find a stream for the game, but expecting it to be completely attritional.

I'd 100% take an eye bleeding, turgid 0-0.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sadly those players wont come if we are in the championship which is exactly where we are heading at a fast rate of speed.