The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Pathetic from the manager and players, serial bluffers. 

Tait and Fraser are pish, Fraser moves like a 70 year old with 2 hip replacements.

Young Henderson is a myth too, a fairy that jumps out the way and makes no effort to get the ball even when he is odds on favourite to get it.

St Johnstone getting big players back from injury too, we will finish 11th and these bluffers don’t have the fight in them for a play off.

It’ll all be sound lads,

Stephen Robinson actually has a 100% win record against teams who have finished in the bottom six. 

Every defeat he’s had as St Mirren manager has come against a team that’s finished in the top half of the table. 

Henderson is very much a victim of the lack of confidence and mood on the squad. He's young and there's bags of potential there.

Early in the season Goodwin tried to play him as a wingback with disastrous results. We didn't see him for a while after that. I suspect the teams form etc is impacting his confidence again.

I was happy when Robinson was appointed and I still think we’ll do OK next season when he’d had the benefit of a transfer window. 
With 20-20 hindsight I wish the board had stuck with a caretaker arrangement for the remainder of the season. 
The change of management at this late stage has been too disruptive and having a continuity management team in place could not have delivered worse results than we’ve seen under Robinson. 

We just need to be thankful Robinson never got his hands on the team any earlier, and we had 33 points on the board by the team he rocked up. Had we appointed him a few weeks prior we would surely be finishing 12th.
That second half performance was one of the worst top flight halves of football I’ve ever seen from us. Rangers weren’t that arsed either, they were resting up for Thursday and going through the motions. They still scored two and missed at least three clear cut chances.
I expect a fortnight of quotes about how we are ‘working hard, positive dressing room, owe it to the fans’ etc, before we phone it in and get humped by St Johnstone or Hibs in the first post split game.
The team has clearly chucked it, i’d be surprised if we got another point.

49 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

My thinking was Aberdeen would appoint Martindale after bagging Goodwin. 😎

I would doubt that Martindale is close to the kind of manager Aberdeen would look at, Goodwin though could be punted as they can’t afford another season like this one. Other than that Hibs and St Mirren will have someone else on place, Dundee and St Johnstone 50/50 for me. Long odds it’s everyone.

2 hours ago, geo87 said:

That was an absolute shambles today.

All we had to do was not lose a goal in the first 15, and the venom from the 2 stands behind the goals would have caused them to bottle it - as has been seen many times before (not against us right enough).

We completely downed tools in that second half, something I haven’t seen for a while.

I get why people are calling for Robinson’s head, we are in free fall, however the fact we have dropped 100k on him will likely buy him time. I’m finding him highly unlikeable but feel we have no option but to let him build his own side in the summer (regardless of what division we’re in), as we seen from the interview process leading up to his appointment there really isn’t a lot of options out there currently (or none that our fans would accept)

Spot on. I would hope the initial outlay wouldn’t be a blocker on dumping him if this continues. I’d also hope that if the board were leaking names to the media to sound out from the fans if they’d be an acceptable name then they wouldn’t go down that route again. They should be appointing based on what they deem best fit for the club & who can get the most out of the squad they inherit. Evidently Robinson isn’t managing to do that, he doesn’t shoulder all the blame as there are players not trying as much as they did under Goodwin. The defence has gone to shit since Robinson came in, the very same defence that even under Goodwin’s poor run earlier in the season wasn’t shipping 3 or 4 goals a game. If Robinson does steady us between now and the end of the season, he is still going to be up against it come the start of next season. 

32 minutes ago, Lex said:

We just need to be thankful Robinson never got his hands on the team any earlier, and we had 33 points on the board by the team he rocked up. Had we appointed him a few weeks prior we would surely be finishing 12th.
The team has clearly chucked it, i’d be surprised if we got another point.

An inverse Malky if you will. 
I think it’s the arrogant way he is coming across that bothers me most. The I take the blame but it’s the players fault stuff and the belief that you can come in and upset a positive and relatively successful changing room and not get a negative effect.

I realize Goodwin went through some sticky patches but he never threw the players under the bus and took the break to ditch his back 3 for a 4 and the results improved. 
I just don’t see the humility that defines good managers.

4 minutes ago, Torfason said:

An inverse Malky if you will. 
I think it’s the arrogant way he is coming across that bothers me most. The I take the blame but it’s the players fault stuff and the belief that you can come in and upset a positive and relatively successful changing room and not get a negative effect.

I realize Goodwin went through some sticky patches but he never threw the players under the bus and took the break to ditch his back 3 for a 4 and the results improved. 
I just don’t see the humility that defines good managers.

Someone posted that Mark McMillan at the Kibble (also a St Mirren director) now has Robinsons partner as his PA.

Is that really true?

How convenient was that? 

7 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Very true. It’s not looking good. 

Still we should be guaranteed 12 points when we play Morten. Just need to bring this guy back.

BDEFB5BA-F792-4BF3-8B9C-EA114A67AE03.jpeg.e87eb5c83bd39701bae6a19f7afa4687.jpeg

51ABB1D2-FFE2-47DB-AA2E-806DB0066D06.jpeg.c5bd3061d55f612b4eb20909517c9e4c.jpeg

Which of course is extremely unlikely.

A wee shame that.