The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Smithers Jones said:

Agreed, but it would be pretty stupid.

Well it would be a waste of money, and I'd prefer it was spent on other things. But apparently it's really, really, really important. 🙄

Why would anyone want to willingly give up two stands to either half of the bigot sisters, yes we all know the financial implications. We are also aware the decision was made at the beginning of the season. Doesn’t mean we all have to fucking accept it. I’d be more than happy to pay more for my season ticket in order to keep them out, and half fill it with our own fans.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Why would anyone want to willingly give up two stands to either half of the bigot sisters, yes we all know the financial implications. We are also aware the decision was made at the beginning of the season. Doesn’t mean we all have to fucking accept it. I’d be more than happy to pay more for my season ticket in order to keep them out, and half fill it with our own fans.

You answered your own question. The club have explained the reason, yet still people ask. My solution is perfectly simple - fans fundraise and reimburse the club. Your solution, unfortunately, could have a negative effect as some fans may simply relinquish their season tickets, especially given the financial constraints many of us are experiencing.

Edited by Mr. Smith

Connor Ronan gets his first call up to the Ireland squad, unsurprisingly. Well deserved, what a player and good for the club too.
IMG_8109.jpg
Interestingly no McGrath, he’s been struggling down at Wigan, unused sub in their last two games.

54 minutes ago, Lex said:

Connor Ronan gets his first call up to the Ireland squad, unsurprisingly. Well deserved, what a player and good for the club too.
IMG_8109.jpg
Interestingly no McGrath, he’s been struggling down at Wigan, unused sub in their last two games.

Great news and well deserved for the lad. 

Going forward, this can only be a good thing for the club in attracting players to come to us.

Cup Qtr final and the chance to go 4th to season over in a couple of weeks.

Robinson just needs to keep us away from bottom 2 and we’ll see what happens close season squad wise but bloody hell it really has been back to earth with a bump. 😳

4pts since Robinson took over is disappointing. At least when goody was playing 5-3-2 we managed to draw more than we've lost. (Hindsight is a wonderful thing).

Probably just feeling sorry for myself, but I really wonder if Robinson wrote off this season before he took the job - maybe he saw it as a project he'd really sink his teeth in once he got to the summer transfer and could make it his own.

We'll probably be safe from relegation, but top 6 is looking extremely unlikely given our form.

Next season better start well or it won't be long before fans want Robinson gone.

18 minutes ago, Buddiesaint said:

4pts since Robinson took over is disappointing. At least when goody was playing 5-3-2 we managed to draw more than we've lost. (Hindsight is a wonderful thing).

Probably just feeling sorry for myself, but I really wonder if Robinson wrote off this season before he took the job - maybe he saw it as a project he'd really sink his teeth in once he got to the summer transfer and could make it his own.

We'll probably be safe from relegation, but top 6 is looking extremely unlikely given our form.

Next season better start well or it won't be long before fans want Robinson gone.

A Motherwell supporter in my work said Robinson is a manager who really needs to have a group of players that buy into his system in order to achieve any success. Obviously there is a talented squad here at St. Mirren but it’s a team put together by another manager, who had different tactics and philosophies, and so far it looks like the players are having a hard time playing the way Robinson wants them to.

It will be interesting to see the type of player he brings in during the summer; will he revert to the type of player he had when he was successful at Motherwell, the ‘thunderdome era’ as ‘Well fans call it, where qualities like aggression and workrate weigh heavily when bringing players in. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

35 minutes ago, Buddiesaint said:

I doubt he had any clue what the expectations were from our fans……….his comments about becoming a bad manager overnight suggest he is starting to.

Just read he told fans in the Main stand to f**k off, surely that’s got to be BS?

Edited by Torfason

Usual amateur hour shit as a tribute to Fitzy results in silence and grainy images of Sir Alex Ferguson on our unfit-for-purpose scoreboard. There was nothing surer than it being a fcuk-up. Nothing… apart from us going one up then shitting our pants again that is.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Buddiesaint said:

We've been poor in all his games too, a couple of good goals aside. 

We'll need to see who he brings in in the summer and how we start next year but early signs haven't been encouraging. Maybe I'm being unfair, he needs time to settle in and get to know the players and club. 

I think top six is gone now, we'd need to take 6 points from our next two games to have any chance. Hopefully the games between now and the end of the season he can work out his best 11 and in what formation. 

Yeah there’s no chance we lose that game under Goodwin. Draw it, probably.
Goodwin doesn’t shout and swear at the fans in the main stand afterwards either.
Smells an awful lot like Iain Murray tbh.
Good appointment, but.

9 minutes ago, Lex said:

Yeah there’s no chance we lose that game under Goodwin. Draw it, probably.
Goodwin doesn’t shout and swear at the fans in the main stand afterwards either.
Smells an awful lot like Iain Murray tbh.
Good appointment, but.

Do we know what happened with the fans in the main stand? It's never a good look to be shouting back at fans but I wouldn't rush to judge. 

On the face of it he was a very good appointment. He's had a bad start but that's not to say he won't come good. 

weren't brave enough says the manager who put us to a 5 2 1 2 against a top 6 rival team we were drawing with.

Really half-hearted attempt to show any praise for Henderson.

apparently we also sorely missed Tanser who cant defend for toffee, and Jones - who hasn't an assist or scored in his 8 games for us. 🤔