The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

It's the Paisley connection , he was born and bred there. John Neilson School was founded by an ancestor. Plus we gave him it tight when he thought he was winning the play-off v Dundee Utd on pens !

Is his dad not a ST holder as well? Probably giving him the get it up ye 😂

26 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Is his dad not a ST holder as well? Probably giving him the get it up ye 😂

I’m sure his dad is a season ticket holder, I’m sure Neilson used to go to games in his younger days also.

2 hours ago, billyg said:

It's the Paisley connection , he was born and bred there. John Neilson School was founded by an ancestor. Plus we gave him it tight when he thought he was winning the play-off v Dundee Utd on pens !

There’s also the two guys that have sat next to the dugout since Love Street, think they dish it out fair frequently! Add in that Phil the DJ was like a fucking Jack in the box on Saturday too 😂

33 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

There’s also the two guys that have sat next to the dugout since Love Street, think they dish it out fair frequently! Add in that Phil the DJ was like a fucking Jack in the box on Saturday too 😂

We miss Tosh from the Love St days, gave it out every week and would give elvis a run for his money in terms of moaning

IMG_7828.jpg
Thought that was quite an interesting stat. No surprise to see Motherwell at the top. Their current team is one of the dirtiest Scottish Premiership sides of the 21st century. Livi and Dundee backing them up will shock no one either.
Us bottom though, is that a good thing? Think we are maybe a bit too nice. Wouldn’t want to see us going full on Motherwell or anything, but I think we’d be higher up the league if we fouled a bit more.

8 hours ago, Lex said:

IMG_7828.jpg
Thought that was quite an interesting stat. No surprise to see Motherwell at the top. Their current team is one of the dirtiest Scottish Premiership sides of the 21st century. Livi and Dundee backing them up will shock no one either.
Us bottom though, is that a good thing? Think we are maybe a bit too nice. Wouldn’t want to see us going full on Motherwell or anything, but I think we’d be higher up the league if we fouled a bit more.

Is there a similar table for red cards ? Despite being bottom of the 'fouls' table I suspect we will be near the top for reds.

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is there a similar table for red cards ? Despite being bottom of the 'fouls' table I suspect we will be near the top for reds.

We have had the most red cards this term (6). Motherwell, Dundee and St Johnstone are next with 4 each.

IMG_7852.jpg
Interesting recall that. Wasn’t starting games for QP but did make some sub appearances. I’d guess Robinson plans to give him minutes in the coming weeks.

29 minutes ago, Lex said:

IMG_7852.jpg
Interesting recall that. Wasn’t starting games for QP but did make some sub appearances. I’d guess Robinson plans to give him minutes in the coming weeks.

Cover for Ronan ? Or does Robinson think he’s young but good enough to be in the first team squad. I’m guessing the lad himself won’t have been happy sat on the bench in the seaside league.

Alright folks, I had Jak Alnwick on my podcast this week if anyone fancies giving it a listen. Talks about his career so far and all things St Mirren. Speaks so well about his time at the club so far and an absolute top guy as well. Hope you all enjoy, any feedback, shares or follows on Twitter or Instagram which is @headitpodcast massively appreciated👍🏻⚽

YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ptG_Gi9DfAI&t=9s

Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/45sgDktT02njnU0ZI9PUvS?si=Fadh8HoHTXG9HwBGlMFQXA

Apple:https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/a-chat-with-jak-alnwick/id1570371231?i=1000552571964

Cheers

Ross

I'm signed off from work with fucking Covid, and I'm bored shitless...  Been looking at the remaining fixtures starting tonight and finishing with the game against SEVCO on 10 of April. Of all the remaining teams in contention for the 4th spot (I know, I know...) we have an extra game as Dundee are a championship, at best, club and can't sort out their pitch.

Taking out the cup game against Hearts, we're away to Celtic, Ross County Dundee and Motherwell, and at home to Dundee United and TAFKAR. I've taken some jip on here before by saying i discount any games against the Glasgow clubs, but always hope for the best...  

Hope can f**k you up, but I'd hope that we'd be coming back from Dundee with all three points. Ross County have transformed into a free flowing, attacking taem with goals from CRC and Hungbo. Motherwell always seem to do well against us...  I'd say that barring something catastrophic we're looking at 8 points from our remaining fixtures. Perhaps that's ambitious, but we have the making of a solid group of players and there have been goals in the team. 

Would 41 points be enough for the top 6? 

I'm signed off from work with fucking Covid, and I'm bored shitless...  Been looking at the remaining fixtures starting tonight and finishing with the game against SEVCO on 10 of April. Of all the remaining teams in contention for the 4th spot (I know, I know...) we have an extra game as Dundee are a championship, at best, club and can't sort out their pitch.
Taking out the cup game against Hearts, we're away to Celtic, Ross County Dundee and Motherwell, and at home to Dundee United and TAFKAR. I've taken some jip on here before by saying i discount any games against the Glasgow clubs, but always hope for the best...  
Hope can f**k you up, but I'd hope that we'd be coming back from Dundee with all three points. Ross County have transformed into a free flowing, attacking taem with goals from CRC and Hungbo. Motherwell always seem to do well against us...  I'd say that barring something catastrophic we're looking at 8 points from our remaining fixtures. Perhaps that's ambitious, but we have the making of a solid group of players and there have been goals in the team. 
Would 41 points be enough for the top 6? 

Probably, it would have been last year. St Johnstone got it with 40 points. 40 could be enough, 41 should be enough, 42 will be enough.