The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just watched the 5 minute interview with Stephen on SMTV. Nice guy and speaks well.
Interesting too that he picked out Kibble CEO Jim Gillespie as the board member who really sold the club to him. 

If you look closely, you can see Gillespie in the reflection of the cabinet behind Robinson, holding a pistol and looking menacing.

Maybe.

17 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Not surprised. Not sure how it's a cautionable offence but they probably wanted to save face as it was never a red card.

Red card wasn't even a foul, but because of the publicity given to the first half incident they gave him a yellow for this.

Probably fair over all, as I think a red for the first half one would have been harsh as I'm sure he meant to push in the chest not face.

One of the most ridiculous decisions I’ve ever seen and the fact it has been given as a yellow is still a joke.
It’s nice to get the suspension lifted, it would have been better if he didn’t wrongly send him off in the first place.
We went from having just equalised and having the momentum to push on for the winner to holding on for a point due to that error.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I see the Carlisle job has just been filled.  I wonder if JR was hoping for that...?  

I think Carlisle are below where Ross sees himself (note the careful wording of that), but the reality is he'll have to move house now if he's getting a job anywhere in the near future. 

Geographically, you'd have to say Middlesbrough are the only remaining option to him while Martindale remains in a job at Livi, and he's absolutely no fucking chance of a club at the top end of the English Championship.

Darras Hall (basically where he stays, give or take) is very near NCL airport, but he'll not be attracting the sort of job offers that'd warrant becoming a frequent flyer.

Galloway's assessment of the situation. Fair play to George, I disagree with him on many issues (e.g. Scottish independence), but I respect the guy and looking back he was right about Saddam. I think the fact that he was threatening to undermine the petrodollar is what caused his demise.

I do wonder if Ross regrets any of his choices yet. I mean, probably not right now, while he's sitting in a mansion in the North East's most exclusive area, but he is miles away from his stated aim of becoming Scotland manager. Goodwin will be in the Ireland job before Ross is anywhere near the Scotland role.

Obviously I'm biased, but I firmly believe he'd be better off today if he'd stayed with us for a further season. I agree with @AW saint - I really don't give a f**k - but I hope there's a salutary lesson to others there. 

29 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I do wonder if Ross regrets any of his choices yet. I mean, probably not right now, while he's sitting in a mansion in the North East's most exclusive area, but he is miles away from his stated aim of becoming Scotland manager. Goodwin will be in the Ireland job before Ross is anywhere near the Scotland role.

Obviously I'm biased, but I firmly believe he'd be better off today if he'd stayed with us for a further season. I agree with @AW saint - I really don't give a f**k - but I hope there's a salutary lesson to others there. 

Agree,  Ross has burnt his bridges and he reaps what he sows from now on in my book, I had wanted him back before he knocked back our approach. However I doubt he’ll ever think he should have stayed another season with us. He absolutely maxed his pulling power when he did. He’d have had to get us up and minimum got us into the top 6 to stand out the following year, had he just kept us up it wouldn’t have attracted such an offer. Had he stayed with us an extra year and then moved to Aberdeen or the likes he’d still have had to do well with them to get such an offer. Sunderland was a free hit for him, he was always still going to get an offer from a Hibs or an Aberdeen if it hadn’t worked out (barring a total disaster.) Being biased, I think he should have jumped at a chance to come back but not our problem now. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

As you know things can take a drastic turn at any given time in football. I’m sure JR has enough cash in the bank to sit things out, while he waits for another opportunity at one of the English clubs.

8 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

As you know things can take a drastic turn at any given time in football. I’m sure JR has enough cash in the bank to sit things out, while he waits for another opportunity at one of the English clubs.

This Ross will only be looking for work here when he starts to appear on off the ball/sportscene

Edited by Insaintee