The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Want this done now. We need to move on one way or another

Absolutely livid if we go into the game tomorrow with this not done, tbh. 

We all thought it was hilarious when Aberdeen appointed Glass. Can't believe we're the ones having to suffer.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely livid if we go into the game tomorrow with this not done, tbh. 

We all thought it was hilarious when Aberdeen appointed Glass. Can't believe we're the ones having to suffer.

To be fair I'd say you're not the only ones suffering from the Steven Glass hire. 

18 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Want this done now. We need to move on one way or another

Was just here to write the same! This has been going on all day! Just get it confirmed. 

Given how late it is, is Jim likely to be in the dugout tomorrow? If he's reverted to his old formation and is playing Main, then we should just give him the boot as it's clearly sabotage.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, I was being slightly facetious.

You'll probably need to dumb it down a little for him...even if he knows what a dictionary is, I doubt he can use one.

A delivery driver / part-time Alloa boss to Aberdeen manager in less than 3 years is quite the journey.  

He has rode his luck though: we weren't good in his first season and may well have ended up relegated had covid not come along. That then gave him time to reflect and reorganise ahead of 20/21. It was good but a bit of a lost season with it all being behind closed doors. 21/22: up until 4 weeks ago we were definite relegation candidates with some eyebleeding, boring draws at home, including being booed off by a sizeable section of the support after the St Johnstone 0-0. New year starts, the team goes on a wee run, Glass gets sacked and he's the Aberdeen boss! Lucky Jim!

Is he a better manager than Alexander, Martindale, Ross, etc? Hmm... remains to be seen. Anyway he's seized his chance will his stock is high.

Next for me, my preference would be Jack back or Lambert. I'm certain that the latter will have been sounded out by Tony, perhaps offered the job until the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Why don’t the Aberdeen board just drag this out until an hour before the kick off at Livingston tomorrow.

Shower of fucking cretins. Hurry the f**k up. 

We should announce that he's left to manage them before they make their announcement.:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Why don’t the Aberdeen board just drag this out until an hour before the kick off at Livingston tomorrow.

Shower of fucking cretins. Hurry the f**k up. 

Do you not think it works in their favour to drag this out and maybe unsettle our team, given we're both contenders for the top six?

8 minutes ago, AlbionSaint said:

Do you not think it works in their favour to drag this out and maybe unsettle our team, given we're both contenders for the top six?

I’m now hearing that contracts for Goodwin Sharp and Langfield are done. They will be in place for the sheep game tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

Langfield as well? How to destroy an opponent for 250k. For me unless we can somehow get Jack Ross back we are totally humped. Kevin Thomson mentioned FFS

I'd rather go for an up and coming manager like Thomson than an old haddie, Dundee just hired Mark McGhee FFS. Ross would still be my choice though, hopefully he now realises the grass isn't always greener.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m hearing rumours about McInnes having a relatively low release clause at Killie. Supposedly he has admirers on our board.

No thanks I hope it’s just the usual speculation nonsense without any foundation.

😉