The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Yep. Goodwin is clearly a much better manager than Glass, Courts, Maloney etc and he will be off at some point.
Just hope it is later rather than sooner.

Goody has been advising his player not to go to Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee United because they are better than that, think the same goes for him. Only a down south or ROI National team is going to shift him, 

4 hours ago, Lex said:

I’m doing a Martindale and putting our safety in the bank after the results today. This team will not be relegated, we will finish somewhere between 4th and 10th.

The bookies would have very long odds on a team outside of Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell or Dundee Utd finishing 4th. Yet.... we've just taken 10/12 points off these teams and were seconds away from 12/12.

Are any of them better than us at the moment? No. Will Hibs and / or Aberdeen get their act together between now and May? Debatable.

As always I'm happy just to stay up but looking at how the season is playing out there's no reason why we can't challenge for 4th in my opinion.

Edited by Buttocks Brown

If we can just be that bit more clinical when the chances come along and take a few more. Can’t complain about this unbeaten run it’s been a superb haul of points. 

Jordan Jones and young Greive are going to be great signings. Still got big Gogic to come back in so it’s looking very positive.

Edited by glenburn bud

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

If we can just be that bit more clinical when the chances come along and take a few more. Can’t complain about this unbeaten run it’s been a superb haul of points. 

Jordan Jones and young Greive are going to be great signings. Still got big Gocic to come back in so it’s looking very positive.

It would be a shame if a shitty, relegation bound, clownshoe outfit came to Paisley and beat you with a back 3.

Be even worse if that inspired Goodwin to try his experiment on it all over again.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would be a shame if a shitty, relegation bound, clownshoe outfit came to Paisley and beat you with a back 3.

Be even worse if that inspired Goodwin to try his experiment on it all over again.

grasping-at-straws-bobs-burgers.gif

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Away talk pish in some other thread ya weirdo

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

we don’t win home games unless we’re playing Aberdeen so there’s every chance 

2 hours ago, Saint Shug said:

Away talk pish in some other thread ya weirdo

I've given you a green yin.

But the guy's just doing what these forums are designed for, winding each other up. He's every right to do that and in all honesty can you no' see our run coming to the end against St Johnstone, with them playing a formation that we have been vehemently opposed to? It would be so typical of St Mirren. 

Can you even remember life before you could interact with opposition supporters before a game? I can, but it's a distant memory. Whilst I lament many changes that have occurred in football, I love this aspect of the game. 

Mon 'eh Saints!

Edited by AlbionSaint

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wish mate. Goodwin has learned his lesson, and it’s become quite clear if we had started the season with a back four then there wouldn’t have been many teams more difficult to play against than us.

Jordan Jones is just going to keep getting better. He showed real glimpses of what he can do. Grieve looks an excellent prospect. His awareness and positional sense in the box is better than the rest of our strikers. He has goals in him and once he adapts and gets up to speed he will be a real asset

52 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

You wish mate. Goodwin has learned his lesson, and it’s become quite clear if we had started the season with a back four then there wouldn’t have been many teams more difficult to play against than us.

I realise playing "what if" is beyond pointless, but if just three of our 11 draws were wins, we'd be sitting fourth. And we've been terrible for long stretches. Shows how straightforward it can be to progress in this league.

12 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Jordan Jones and young Greive are going to be great signings. Still got big Gogic to come back in so it’s looking very positive.

We saw the difference in JJ from Tuesday to yesterday, he’s going to be some asset for us. 👍