The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

31 minutes ago, GAD said:

Guys like McAllister, Tait, Flynn, and probably Main, Erwin and Dennis will all be on first team starter wages that they are struggling to justify at the moment. There are guys like that at every club to be fair.

Main should be paying us....

32 minutes ago, GAD said:

Guys like McAllister, Tait, Flynn, and probably Main, Erwin and Dennis will all be on first team starter wages that they are struggling to justify at the moment. There are guys like that at every club to be fair.

I'd empty all of them this month however that is not viable - I don't imagine any of them will get a better deal elsewhere due to their lack of game time and/or form.  Majority of them aren't getting a look in so unless Goodwin has some sort of epiphany to try something new with them they will likely sit on the bench rest of the season. If Goodwin can offload any two of those mentioned I'm sure that would free up a sizeable amount to play with. 

44 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

I think this keeper looks like he has something to if you lose Alnwick still plays in Albania and if 6.7 foot tall fills the goals agile brave makes some top saves here available on a bosman and a international 

Albania 

Georgia 

Belarus 

Aren't even in the EU same as Britain 

Edited by General dissaray

A couple of months ago I'd have been surprised if he went to another Premiership team but he hasn't been playing well for a while. Folk blame the tactics but even when we were creating loads of chances against Aberdeen and Hearts (2 games that stick out) he wasn't heavily involved.

Yep agree with this. In the summer I was fully expecting him to go to the top end of The English Championship and Middlesbrough were interested.
Now it seems to be between Aberdeen and League 1 in England, quite a fall in the quality of teams interested. The simple reason for that is he’s been poor and the scouts from the Championship will have seen that.
Apart from that goal against Livi (which was a peach tbf) he hasn’t done anything all season. His only other contributions to goals being a penalty against Dundee on the opening day and a five yard pass to Ronan before his peach against Aberdeen, which counts as an assist.
The tactics that are supposedly hampering him haven’t stopped Ronan scoring more and assisting more with less game time while playing in a similar position.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind his agent is at it here. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Sounds like mcgraths agent has agreed a deal in principle with us then taken it down south as leverage to get them moving. 

Standard agent behaviour I suppose. 

Yup. Shitehouse behaviour but agents gonna agent. This is what they did in the summer and were left high and dry (and hawking themselves to Hibs at the last minute) when a couple English teams pulled out. I guess they have time on their side this time; I just hope something can get done soon.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yup. Shitehouse behaviour but agents gonna agent. This is what they did in the summer and were left high and dry (and hawking themselves to Hibs at the last minute) when a couple English teams pulled out. I guess they have time on their side this time; I just hope something can get done soon.

If England is where he really wants to be then we’re better off without him, certainly hope we don’t make a last minute hibs-esque dash to sign him if he doesn’t get his England move. 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:
3 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

You are aware that you can just copy and post this drivel in to one post and dump it all at the same time rather than spamming the entire site, right?

I aren't spamming what so ever and are you also aware if your so seething about it you can block.me,swings and round abouts swings and round abouts buddy

53 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

The "highlights" contain him tripping over the ball, and hitting the ball off the bar from inside the box. Looking at the stats, he had a particularly good year 19/20, but otherwise he's fairly low scoring.

For me? An average player, playing in a below average league and playing on poor surfaces.

Would I complain if he came over for a trial? No, no harm in that, but if I had a pound for every random Eastern European that fans have linked us with, well... let's just say I'd have quite a few pounds by now.