The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Heh, yeah, fair enough point! :)

As for Millar, I'm surprised people haven't warmed to him. Sure he's hardly been outstanding but considering he was thrown in when clearly not fit, and only been given bit parts after being out for injury, I think he's a bit maligned.

I quite like him.

He was a player that Shrewsbury fans and their manager were very disappointed to lose.

Although, I believe some were unhappy at Main leaving too. Not a sentiment that any Saints fan would share if he left in the next couple of weeks.

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I quite like him.

He was a player that Shrewsbury fans and their manager were very disappointed to lose.

Although, I believe some were unhappy at Main leaving too. Not a sentiment that any Saints fan would share if he left in the next couple of weeks.

It’s hard to believe that there would be a club gullible enough to take Main. But we live in hope.

49 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It’s hard to believe that there would be a club gullible enough to take Main. But we live in hope.

Unfortunately we are that club 😆.

Can't fault the guys effort, we have mentioned a few chancers in the previous pages, but hard work only gets you so far. 

3 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I liked Connolly. Gave some excitement when he came on. Could tear up defences causing some panic and created space for those charging forward. Great pass to Dennis for our first goal  win at Parkhead in 30 years. Started in 50% of our games last season. Could he have been better? Yes. However given a choice between Millar and Connolly it would be Connolly every time for me. Millar is slow and ponderous, cannot cross, and is constantly caught in possession as he cannot beat a man. 0 goals. Connolly scored 3 for us and at least gave us some hope and expectation. I don't expect anything when Millar has the ball.

FTFY, as bad as we were, we weren't that bad!

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

So are there any signing rumours at all? I haven’t heard a single one.

Aye- Dundee United are supposedly signing a player that's going to guarantee them a 3rd place finish. 

A load of pish but for amusement I'll repeat it. Someone on B&warmy stating the BoD are discussing replacing Goody with Ross and no transfer business will be conducted until that happens. Well Jan can be interesting down Paisley way. :)

28 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

A load of pish but for amusement I'll repeat it. Someone on B&warmy stating the BoD are discussing replacing Goody with Ross and no transfer business will be conducted until that happens. Well Jan can be interesting down Paisley way. :)

You forgot to add that Ross was spotted in Asda Linwood.😁

42 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Don’t think we will bring anyone in until we have moved players on.

There really is some shit being posted on this thread me included but I'm just posting a fishing line. But let's get serious.  First, Derrick McIness know him from Hunterhill big *** fan Rangers daft . Ever see him jumping around with St Johnston and Aberdeen when they score against us in Paisley.  Personally I don't want him near us. Jim Goodwin ? Was great last season remember that if not have a think back. As such deserves time . Sticking the boot into Goodwin  on rumours seriously  ?  Aye 3 at the back is questionable.  Let's see what the transfer window brings. What we have to remember REMEMBER  we are one of the lowest player wages in the league . What do you expect ? A Albion Rovers player called Ross Stuart who is up to his 18th goal with Sunderland to sign for Saints lol you could not make it up.  Let's see how January plays out . 

When are we likely to know when fans can return to the games? Surely Sturgeon knows how unpopular she's becoming limiting our freedoms and starving our clubs of cash, whilst English people can watch their teams?

I'm desperate to go to Ayr. 

7 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

There really is some shit being posted on this thread me included but I'm just posting a fishing line. But let's get serious.  First, Derrick McIness know him from Hunterhill big *** fan Rangers daft . Ever see him jumping around with St Johnston and Aberdeen when they score against us in Paisley. 

He became the  Kilmarnock manager days ago. Have you just came to?

A Albion Rovers player called Ross Stuart who is up to his 18th goal with Sunderland to sign for Saints lol you could not make it up.  Let's see how January plays out . 

Stewart. Stubbs fucked us on that player, convincing the BoD to sell him for 40K

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

He became the  Kilmarnock manager days ago. Have you just came to?

Stewart. Stubbs fucked us on that player, convincing the BoD to sell him for 40K

Does it matter not really its history but as any true St Mirren fan will tell you. What could have been. Hey we sacked Alex Ferguson again what could have been. Right ? 

There really is some shit being posted on this thread me included but I'm just posting a fishing line. But let's get serious.  First, Derrick McIness know him from Hunterhill big *** fan Rangers daft . Ever see him jumping around with St Johnston and Aberdeen when they score against us in Paisley.  Personally I don't want him near us. Jim Goodwin ? Was great last season remember that if not have a think back. As such deserves time . Sticking the boot into Goodwin  on rumours seriously  ?  Aye 3 at the back is questionable.  Let's see what the transfer window brings. What we have to remember REMEMBER  we are one of the lowest player wages in the league . What do you expect ? A Albion Rovers player called Ross Stuart who is up to his 18th goal with Sunderland to sign for Saints lol you could not make it up.  Let's see how January plays out . 

Ffs man. Just stop