The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He's Derry'd oot his nut...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/survival-of-fittest-as-jack-ross-plots-st-mirren-s-escape-1-4344768

“We moved around a couple
of times, eventually settling in the centre of Falkirk,” he explains. “One of my near neighbours was a Dundee
fan, whose father was a 
season ticket holder at Dens.

“We were pals and I played football with him and his 
little brother, so started to go to games every Saturday with them, more or less. So I became a Dundee fan through default. At one point I even sold programmes at the Provie
Road end at Dens – one of the games that sticks out is the 4-3 win over Rangers, when I was selling programmes before it.

“I watched Dundee home and away for a good few years. Strangely enough, I signed an S form with them when I was 13, although I am not sure they also knew I was a fan.”

Aye, 'fan by default' sounds like he fucking loves you, right enough.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aye, 'fan by default' sounds like he fucking loves you, right enough.

Fucking right. Regardless of how you catch the Derry bug, there is no turning back once you're in.

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

The whole "Jack Ross To Dundee" thing is based on newspaper speculation, mainly driven by a newspaper who make things up, tell hurtful lies and hack the phones of dead children.

Nothing to see.

hqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

If anything this thread shows how passionate Saints are for Jack Ross to stay. 

If anything this thread shows that Saint Mirren fans are deluded, gibbering morons tbh. 

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

I, for one, am not trying to convince myself.

Dundee's last set of accounts show -

They made a £530,00 loss last season.

Club wages increased by £175,000 (to just avoid relegation).

Maintenance bill for a dilapidated stadium increased by £50,000 last season.

An additional £500,000 will be required next season for rent increases.

Not much scope for a player war chest there. Reasonably, a 1 in 7 chance of a top six play-off. Better odds for bottom six.

St Mirren

No debt.

Some of the best training facilities and one of the best academies in Scotland attracting young talent (half our squad the last 5 years has been Academy players). We sold 3 this year with a potential income of 7 figures. We have sell-on clauses for McGinn (33%) and McLean (10%) potentially generating income this year. And we have two standout young academy players in the team at the moment attracting a lot of attention (Morgan and Magennis) with more talent in the pipeline. ie steady income from player sales.

New ambitious board.

Jack signed loads of players based on his personality - will he walk away from these people after promising them an all out attack at winning the Championship next season?

St Mirren are a club in an upward trajectory. Dundee are treading water at best with little scope for development and a chance to shine. Jack has already started his plan at St Mirren over the last six months by getting rid of almost all the incumbents and bringing in his own men and recently added to that squad. At Dundee he would have to start all over again. St Mirren may get into the Premiership this time next year and become another bottom six club like Dundee. But this season they have a great opportunity to do something and Jack will take that opportunity.

^^^ exhibit A

Saint Mirren - "a club on an upward trajectory". Let's look at the facts, shall we? 

2013/14 - shitfesting in the top flight

2014/15 - relegated to the second tier

2015/16 - finished 6th in the second tier (42 points)

2016/17 - finished 7th in the second tier (39 points)

If by 'upward' you meant 'travelling up the country to Peterhead and Montrose on league duty' then yep, you're definitely on track for that. 

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

If anything this thread shows that Saint Mirren fans are deluded, gibbering morons tbh. 

^^^ exhibit A

Saint Mirren - "a club on an upward trajectory". Let's look at the facts, shall we? 

If by 'upward' you meant 'travelling up the country to Peterhead and Montrose on league duty' then yep, you're definitely on track for that. 

Well, we can't all be up-and-coming, well-run, ambitious, successful, trophy-laden and financially sound clubs like Morton, can we?

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

You'd know all about that.

You know f**k all about that.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Well, we can't all be up-and-coming, well-run, ambitious, successful, trophy-laden and financially sound clubs like Morton, can we?

Unlike Saint Mirren, Morton are actually on a discernable upward trajectory year on year. Which is why you finished a point beneath us in your first season at this level and thirteen points behind us this season. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

1495909650958.jpg.1fd7fb6958fb533262f67210a92ecb8b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Young gun said:

There's more chance of Rangers signing all the players they are chasing allegedly,than Jack leaving the Saints

hqdefault.jpg

'Jack' couldn't give a toss about 'the Saints' and if he wants to manage Dundee there's nothing that your club can do to stop him. 

Hard lines. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Unlike Saint Mirren, Morton are actually on a discernable upward trajectory year on year. Which is why you finished a point beneath us in your first season at this level and thirteen points behind us this season. 

Fair enough, I totally agree with you: trajectories are the important thing in football, not trophies, or time spent in the top flight.

On an unrelated note, here's a picture of 95-year-old Prince Philip, taken in the same year Morton last won a proper trophy.

Prince2.jpg

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'm confused, I thought last season was when we were heading towards games with Montrose and Peterhead.

Clearly you don't know what the word 'trajectory' means, hence your 'confusion'.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough, I totally agree with you: trajectories are the important thing in football, not trophies, or time spent in the top flight.

No you're not agreeing with me, because I didn't actually state that. You're in fact agreeing with NorthBank and the poster above. It's just a shame then that none of you understand what 'trajectory' means, or simply can't cope with the fact that Saint Mirren's current trajectory points only to further, abject failure. So hardly the clincher that's going to keep your mercenary boss from knocking back an offer from a bigger top-flight club then. 

Safe to say that this has turned into an absolute disaster for you. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

No you're not agreeing with me, because I didn't actually state that. You're in fact agreeing with NorthBank and the poster above. It's just a shame then that none of you understand what 'trajectory' means, or simply can't cope with the fact that Saint Mirren's current trajectory points only to further, abject failure. So hardly the clincher that's going to keep your mercenary boss from knocking back an offer from a bigger top-flight club then. 

:lol: Trying so hard, bless you. Our form in the latter third of the season really has you rattled, doesn't it?

The only evidence of anyone being 'rattled' on this thread are the half-dozen pages of tears and snotters from your gormless fanbase, ever since the Tully floated the idea of Ross going to Dundee last night. 

Just now, glenburn bud said:

Virgin ton is one tedious little troll.:rolleyes:

^^^ verge of tears

Pointing out the fact that your club is not on an 'upward trajectory' is not 'trolling' chump. Your delusional fantasy claims simply don't actually stand up to scrutiny on a multi-club forum. Gutted for you.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only evidence of anyone being 'rattled' on this thread are the half-dozen pages of tears and snotters from your gormless fanbase, ever since the Tully floated the idea of Ross going to Dundee last night. 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Clearly you don't know what the word 'trajectory' means, hence your 'confusion'.

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

hqdefault.jpg

'Jack' couldn't give a toss about 'the Saints' and if he wants to manage Dundee there's nothing that your club can do to stop him. 

Hard lines. 

43 minutes ago, virginton said:

hqdefault.jpg

^^^ exhibit A

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ verge of tears

Pointing out the fact that your club is not on an 'upward trajectory' is not 'trolling' chump. Your delusional fantasy claims simply don't actually stand up to scrutiny on a multi-club forum. Gutted for you.

^^^ Not rattled in any way whatsoever.

1 minute ago, ford prefect said:

Morton fans talking about our trajectory. You have to laugh. Most of the ones on here weren't born the last time they got pumped out the top league. 100 goals lost or something like that? Always good to point and laugh at

Not sure what that has to do with the term 'trajectory'; I presume like most Saint Mirren fans that you failed Standard Grade English. 

At least that set of gibbered non-sequiturs expertly masks your badly ruffled emotional state right now.