The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

51 minutes ago, weebud said:

We sometimes sponsor matches through my work, we got an email today offering the St Johnstone game for Hospitality.

46 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Think of the fun you could have, picking eight colleagues to go then drawing two of their names from a hat to see who can actually go.

Guests will be relocated to the "buddie good food" catering van across the street for a "Mark Yardley big breakfast".

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

Fitzpatrick wouldn't have got anywhere near being CEO if it wasn't for his pal Gordon Scott giving him the job.

Nice guy and all that, but he just doesn't have the ability that Brian Caldwell had in doing the job. 

My mistake, it was Gilmour how gave TF the job, but not sure if Scott upgraded the title from General Manager to CEO

Maybe not as bad as when he gave Tommy Craig the manager job but he was still the wrong person. 

35 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Guests will be relocated to the "buddie good food" catering van across the street for a "Mark Yardley big breakfast".

20 minutes ago, btb said:

Image result for Homer Drooling. Size: 176 x 204. Source: haveforkwilleat.comMmmmmmmm!

Skipped lunch today and that's made me absolutely starving.

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Just give us a new signing

… and the new strips.

As an aside, prior to the season, I seem to remember a GLS article that said improvement works had been done to the stadium, including (I think it was described as) ‘an enchanced fan matchday experience’. I may have imagined this, so apologies if so. If it was said, anyone at the Pars or Partick game have any clue what that entailed?

… and the new strips.
As an aside, prior to the season, I seem to remember a GLS article that said improvement works had been done to the stadium, including (I think it was described as) ‘an enchanced fan matchday experience’. I may have imagined this, so apologies if so. If it was said, anyone at the Pars or Partick game have any clue what that entailed?
A Rangers shop this time, to even it up?

The club have made a complete arse of this,  amateur teams treat their fans better. The lack of communication to explain why we get 12% capacity while every other team is able to get roughly 40/50 % is pathetic. Many fans go in family groups or friends, who they see on a regular basis... so why bubbles weren't allowed is again baffling. My two brothers and nephew managed to get a ticket for the Hearts game, I sit next to them... it's not rocket science to organise this.  At best the club's handling of the situation could be described as amateurish but I'd go further... it's shambolic, pathetic and unacceptable. 

25 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

… and the new strips.

Don't hold your breath.

Something that was was lost in among the SLO meeting today...

New club shop opening sometime in week of 16-22 August and strip release targeted for that week too.

Magic, get the new top on just in good time for firing a jumper over it. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't hold your breath.

Something that was was lost in among the SLO meeting today...

New club shop opening sometime in week of 16-22 August and strip release targeted for that week too.

Magic, get the new top on just in good time for firing a jumper over it. :lol: 

The shop is a funny one. On one hand, I think AWP will, when he gets sorted, provide the great service to fans that he always did in the past. On the other hand, I thought the people who took on that shop were also doing a great job. They turned around what was a (surprise surprise) hopeless club shop, and were doing a grand job with lots of varied stock. I think they were pretty badly treated, but I think AWP is excellent. The big question though, is once the Digby Brown patches peel off the new shirts, will the SkyView logos be pristine underneath or not, avoiding the need for a replacement shirt if you still have a decent-looking sponsor logo.

Edited by pozbaird

There will be 5000 (if 5000 want to attend) at the Fakes game. We don't need to approach the Council or anyone else to enable that. I have no idea what shite the Chairman is spouting off about in the PDE. Social distancing outside ends on Monday so not an issue having the minimum permitted on 28 August without seeking any further permission.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The shop is a funny one. On one hand, I think AWP will, when he gets sorted, provide the great service to fans that he always did in the past. On the other hand, I thought the people who took on that shop were also doing a great job. They turned around what was a (surprise surprise) hopeless club shop, and were doing a grand job with lots of varied stock. I think they were pretty badly treated, but I think AWP is excellent. The big question though, is once the Digby Brown patches peel off the new shirts, will the SkyView ones be pristine underneath or not, avoiding the need for a replacement shirt.

The strip and the inderstadia carry on are two things I'm quite willing to give the club some benefit of the doubt with.

Both shafted us at a very, very late hour and left us completely scrambling but the tone was set when the season ticket information trundled into 3 or 4 weeks overdue without a peep despite a lot of outcry online. At that point the club should have told supporters that there was an issue and it was getting fixed but instead they waited til the last fart.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

There will be 5000 (if 5000 want to attend) at the Fakes game. We don't need to approach the Council or anyone else to enable that. I have no idea what shite the Chairman is spouting off about in the PDE. Social distancing outside ends on Monday so not an issue having the minimum permitted on 28 August without seeking any further permission.

Think the interview with Kyle was before the SG's announcement (even though it was only published today) so at time of interview, he was still sitting with his fingers crossed.

Think the interview with Kyle was before the SG's announcement (even though it was only published today) so at time of interview, he was still sitting with his fingers crossed.
Possibly. Hopefully the club confirms its working on the premise of 5k min come Fakes game.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Possibly. Hopefully the club confirms its working on the premise of 5k min come Fakes game.

Thing is, this can't go on much longer.

There has to be a meeting or forum with the board and supporters where everything can be aired and discussed as the silence just now is deafening.

Weather looks shite for Saturday with massive heavy downpours. Get the Hearts game postponed, (waterlogged area 2cm square, just in front of the main stand), re-schedule it for after Aug 9. Full stadium, get the gym equipment to fcuk out of the main stand concourses, Tony will have fixed the long standing infrastructure problems, the new kit will be on sale, and a full house will cheer us on to a resounding 1-0 gubbing of the top flight newbies. (McGrath penalty 91 mins, awarded after Erhahon tripped over an unkempt blade of grass.)

Make it happen Needham.

Edited by pozbaird

This is the reply I got from SMTV. Have phoned the ticket off numerous times over the past few days. No one answers the phone or calls back even though I leave a message with my mobile. Very frustrating and I will be hacked off if I can't see the Hearts game.        

New emails(3)

• photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&appId=AolMailNoble&badge=false

St Mirren TV Support
    Tocolvillein@aol.com
    5 Aug at 16:48

Hi Ian,

Unfortunately, the number on our system does not match the number you have. We therefore do not know if there is someone else with the same name and therefore, we cannot give out those details as this could lead to issues at a later date.

We only provide support and platforms to the club's TV channel. Can you contact the ticket office and tell them that the number you have been issued is not on our system but the data they provided is. They will then be able to check their records and give you the correct number or inform you of any issues.

Kind regards
    Show original message

• Delete
  • Move to
  • Forward
  • More