The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Afc69 said:

Any truth in the rumours of Matty Kennedy signing for the Buddies? Whether that involves McGrath moving in the opposite direction is unclear 

One goes out , one goes in so welcome . Not heard that one my own thoughts are it would also take cash .  The Scott romour was a belter as it had our support believing it to be true. 

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
1 hour ago, Afc69 said:
Any truth in the rumours of Matty Kennedy signing for the Buddies? Whether that involves McGrath moving in the opposite direction is unclear 

No chance McGrath is going to Aberdeen.

McGrath will leave but it won’t be for Aberdeen.

JG did well to get the bulk of his business done early getting players he wanted, that's was the first part of the transfer window done successfully.

There's obviously a bit of money left over and we're going into the phase where bigger teams are finalising there plans and you're looking to see what bargains are available, my preference at this stage would be to go for younger, hungrier players as we got the experience in back at the start.

We're into the season proper now and I'd rather not sell any core players unless one of them "ridiculous offers" come through.

"You will receive an email (or phone call in certain cases) notifying that you have been successful by the end of the day on Tuesday 3rd August, at which point we will ask you to confirm your tickets and select your seats."

Nearly 8pm now and nobody seems to have heard anything.... wonder if the club have gone back to the council after today's announcement to see if they're prepared to rethink 1039.

Embarrassing that after all the pressure and a few external offers to help the club work with the authorities to rethink their seating strategy for Saturday to try and get as close to 2000 in as possible, it appears they have gone unanswered and we've doubled down on 1039 tickets.

SLO was left hanging out to dry today after  they had to relay info onto twitter that club told them that folk could not go into main stand as that would involve moving training equipment.  Portable training equipment.  😂

Edited by djchapsticks

19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Embarrassing that after all the pressure and a few external offers to help the club worth with the authorities to rethink their seating strategy for Saturday to try and get as close to 2000 in as possible, it appears they have gone unanswered and we've doubled down on 1039 tickets.

SLO was left hanging out to dry today after  they had to relay info onto twitter that club told them that folk could not go into main stand as that would involve moving training equipment.  Portable training equipment.  😂

Anything yet on what the long standing infrastructure problems are, that partly at least, seem to mean we can only have 1039 fans in? I mean, even if anyone thinks the rest of Mr Needham’s statement made sense (I personally don’t, and sense a Karen Dunbar ‘I smell shite’ scenario), then honest to fcuk, on this one ‘infrastucture’ issue alone, have the balls to outline exactly what these infrastructure problems are. Then having done that, tell us why they haven’t been addressed before now, and tell us exactly why they impact on us as fans getting into the stadium to once more see a game after a difficult eighteen months in our lives. Why Tony is only looking into it.

Edited by pozbaird

Embarrassing that after all the pressure and a few external offers to help the club work with the authorities to rethink their seating strategy for Saturday to try and get as close to 2000 in as possible, it appears they have gone unanswered and we've doubled down on 1039 tickets.
SLO was left hanging out to dry today after  they had to relay info onto twitter that club told them that folk could not go into main stand as that would involve moving training equipment.  Portable training equipment.  [emoji23]

The main stand cannot be used as it's our designated "red zone" as required within the current restrictions. The decision as to what constitutes the red zone is 100% the decision of SMFC. The "training equipment " line is a total red herring.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:
SLO was left hanging out to dry today after  they had to relay info onto twitter that club told them that folk could not go into main stand as that would involve moving training equipment.  Portable training equipment.  emoji23.png

The main stand cannot be used as it's our designated "red zone" as required within the current restrictions. The decision as to what constitutes the red zone is 100% the decision of SMFC. The "training equipment " line is a total red herring.

Officially, only the centre of the main stand is the 'red zone', the rest of the main stand isn't from the diagram I have seen before.

Everything that the club has communicated since the initial 'red zone' question was raised has been total horseshit to cover up the fact that they've fucked this entire process up royally and can't/won't commit people or time to fixing it.

Officially, only the centre of the main stand is the 'red zone', the rest of the main stand isn't from the diagram I have seen before.
Everything that the club has communicated since the initial 'red zone' question was raised has been total horseshit to cover up the fact that they've fucked this entire process up royally and can't/won't commit people or time to fixing it.
I haven't seen an SMFC specific plan showing our red zone but there was definitely statements back last season when we restarted about the full stand being in the highest restricted area and not available to any non authorised personnel. Clearly other clubs are not being as cautious. Part of the problem is current restrictions mean the likes of stewards are not even permitted in the red zone to stop folk potentially moving from what could be a less restricted zone into red zone areas. Something that is very easy to do in our stadium. Pointless moaning now probably (2xSTs and not sniffed a ticket in ballots) given Saturday should be the end of it for ST holders at least but I do wonder if Main Stand ST holders will actually be in that stand come the Fakes game in 28th.

ETA wonder if corporate will be back too on 28th ???