The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Usually if I check in and see there's a lot of activity on the Saints thread, I have a look back at what folk are talking about first, in case something significant has happened.

Does everyone not just click the 'first unread post' button?!

Are the long standing infrastructure issues in the stadium fixed yet? I believe the result of the Hearts ballot is announced today. I was unsuccessful in both previous ballots, but it might be third time lucky. If so, I don’t want to go there after nearly two years and get killed by falling girders, loose PA speakers dropping on my napper,  be electrocuted by loose wires in the automated card entry systems, or indeed, die of hypothermia from the perma-freezing water in the West Bank taps.

I’m frankly scared shitless. Survive Covid, go to the fitba, and get killed by a faulty stadium that’s only twelve years old. I’m hoping I don’t get a ticket now.

Edited by pozbaird

We won't need the new cards until 28th August, assuming that the FM gives the go ahead for clubs to allow normal crowds.

However, given the mess made so far, expect to receive a new card about two days before the 28th, and for it to have the wrong name and seat number on it.

Edited by FTOF

So we'll be okay up to attendances of 5000 then... looking back at recent seasons the only games we'd be likely to go above that are against the 2 Glasgow and the 2 Edinburgh teams.

That might still hinge or whether they decide to continue closing off the entire main stand for the 20 strong press reporting on our game & how long the ralston repairs are ongoing.

I’m not going to get too excited at the prospect of never seeing a ballot again just yet.

19 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Douglas McNeil pouring cold water on the James Scott and Middleton talk. 

Boooo. I suppose it means the Well and Saintees fans can stand down for a while at least.

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair, I was complaining about the lack of bullshit transfer rumours a couple weeks ago, so at least things have improved in that regard.

Keeps us occupied.