The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Looks like a combination of covid and injuries.

I think Dumbarton were thin on the ground for players, and were still looking to sign a few.

A perfect storm of one covid victim, subsequent self-isolating players and some injuries.

Hope the Dumbarton lads are all ok and recover quickly.

However great to start the season with a 3-0 win away from home, hopefully the goal adjudicates give them to Main, Brophy and Erwin for their stellar performances, also good for the defence to keep a clean sheet too.
Hard to tell though if we played well or Dumbarton just didn’t turn up.

27 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Hope the Dumbarton lads are all ok and recover quickly.

However great to start the season with a 3-0 win away from home, hopefully the goal adjudicates give them to Main, Brophy and Erwin for their stellar performances, also good for the defence to keep a clean sheet too.
Hard to tell though if we played well or Dumbarton just didn’t turn up.

I felt Erhahon's reaction to being substituted revealed his suspect attitude.

Picked for a ticket for Tuesday night. [emoji3] 
Me too. Sounds like a bit of a farce to get in and taken to some random seat but I suppose we'll just need to go along with it until restrictions are eased hopefully soon.

Speaking to a nurse young people are in intensive care grasping for breath. This has not happened in other shut downs.  She  also told me people vaccinated twice are also hospitaled.  Keep safe  every one . 

Edited by ZingaliMan

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Speaking to a nurse young people are in intensive care grasping for breath. This has not happened in other shut downs.  She  also told me people vaccinated twice are also hospitaled.  Keep safe  every one . 

Not being funny but WTF does a single nurses opinion have to do with St Mirren Football Club? Unless she is quick and can play wing back, then I am not sure she is better than we have.

Also lucky in the ballot for the Dunfermline game. Happy to go along with all the rigmarole of getting into the stadium if it means seeing the team 'live' again.
Hope I can remember the way to the ground!
COYS!!
The other consideration is do I drive or get the train and go to the Bankhouse for a bucket?

10 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Speaking to a nurse young people are in intensive care grasping for breath. This has not happened in other shut downs.

Aside from being heehaw to do with St. Mirren, it's pretty much exactly what has happened previously.

Also people vaccinated twice being hospitalised on occasion is not wholly unexpected. Vaccines are not 100% foolproof but they do prevent over 95% of cases that WOULD have led to hospitalisation from going that far. So unfortunately, there will still be a minute number of people who are still severely affected. 

Anecdotal stuff like this only really serves to scare people.

On 10/07/2021 at 05:28, Torfason said:

Not being funny but WTF does a single nurses opinion have to do with St Mirren Football Club? Unless she is quick and can play wing back, then I am not sure she is better than we have.

We were affected last season with C19. Its also affecting us again with the Dumbarton game off. 

27 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

We were affected last season with C19. Its also affecting us again with the Dumbarton game off. 

One individual employee’s opinion is just that and carries no weight beyond her individual experience. Bringing that to a football forum as some sort of meaningful insight is like Morton in the league cup………pointless.

On 10/07/2021 at 09:06, jimmy boo said:
On 10/07/2021 at 08:48, Pondsman said:
Also lucky in the ballot for the Dunfermline game. Happy to go along with all the rigmarole of getting into the stadium if it means seeing the team 'live' again.
Hope I can remember the way to the ground!
COYS!!

The other consideration is do I drive or get the train and go to the Bankhouse for a bucket?

i don’t think the bankhouse sell buckets.you’d probably have more success at rubys on neilston rd