Jump to content

The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are some fans who stop caring about players when they move on. I'm not one of them: it makes me incredibly happy seeing McGinn holding his own on such a  big stage.

I suppose it depends on the player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some fans who stop caring about players when they move on. I'm not one of them: it makes me incredibly happy seeing McGinn holding his own on such a  big stage.
Meatball was always going to be a special one for us. Blew us all away after seeing him play against Dumbarton in a friendly when he was about 16. Couldn't even begrudge him his move to Hibs, same when McLean went to Aberdeen.

Fair play to Hibs they kicked him onto another level and Villa have propelled him even further. Should have scored last night though .
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any Buds want to write as a Saints fan for 442 magazine.  A & Q whats your hope's for this season - last season thoughts - player thoughts. That sort of thing. If you would like to do it pm your e-mail to me and I will forward the 442 e-mail . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

There are some fans who stop caring about players when they move on. I'm not one of them: it makes me incredibly happy seeing McGinn holding his own on such a  big stage.

Can't say I've ever given many players a second thought after they leave us.

Fair fucks to you though, mate. Following Dougie Imrie's career after he left us must've been a tough one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Meatball was always going to be a special one for us. Blew us all away after seeing him play against Dumbarton in a friendly when he was about 16. Couldn't even begrudge him his move to Hibs, same when McLean went to Aberdeen.

Fair play to Hibs they kicked him onto another level and Villa have propelled him even further. Should have scored last night though emoji1785.png.

I remember him playing at a great level when he was at St.Mirren. And I don’t remember his level being any higher when he was at Hibs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember him playing at a great level when he was at St.Mirren. And I don’t remember his level being any higher when he was at Hibs. 
Totally agree. He was excellent with us. Didn't see him any differently at Hibs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Any Buds want to write as a Saints fan for 442 magazine.  A & Q whats your hope's for this season - last season thoughts - player thoughts. That sort of thing. If you would like to do it pm your e-mail to me and I will forward the 442 e-mail . 

Sounds like a job for @Cairters Corner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
35 minutes ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:
I remember him playing at a great level when he was at St.Mirren. And I don’t remember his level being any higher when he was at Hibs. 

Totally agree. He was excellent with us. Didn't see him any differently at Hibs.

McGinn was no different at Hibs to the player who came through our youth system. His level went up when he went to Aston Villa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Fingers crossed. As much as I am not fussed if he stayed I would rather he moved back to English football. 

I feel the same, his agent has messed us about for way too long now. He’s got great potential and will probably go on to have a decent career, but I’d rather he was playing elsewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point, I don't really give a f**k where JDH goes. As long as he's nowhere near us I'm not really arsed who he ends up at.
Works out better that he doesn't sign for a direct 'rival' up here, as he would definitely have improved United's midfield.

Looks as if he used them to squeeze a bit extra out the English club.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Works out better that he doesn't sign for a direct 'rival' up here, as he would definitely have improved United's midfield.

Looks as if he used them to squeeze a bit extra out the English club.

At this point, I couldn't care less if he went to United. I'd hardly be shitting it facing him next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

At this point, I don't really give a f**k where JDH goes. As long as he's nowhere near us I'm not really arsed who he ends up at.

I feel like some players really leave in the right way. Do right by the club. Lewis Morgan, for example.

JDH is not an example of this. Good riddance, son.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looking at St Mirrens fans comments about Doyle-Hayes, just weeks after the outrage at St Johnstone fans making the exact same comments about Tanser, is some laugh.

Very keen to see some examples of this 'outrage'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • djchapsticks changed the title to The St. Mirren FC 2022/23 thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...