The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

22 hours ago, medals said:

According to former Sky Sports journalist Pete O’Rourke, Ali Koiki has turned down the offer of a new contract at Sixfields and is wanted by several clubs, including Scottish Premier League duo Aberdeen and St Mirren.

Regular hamstring injuries, sound familiar

If he signs and performs itll be Jake Doyle-Hayes all over again, with me wanting Saints to sign him before he thrives elsewhere at a Scottish club...

https://twitter.com/StAnalysis/status/1402368135601311751?s=20

Screenshot_20230609_150846_Chrome.thumb.jpg.040bcf96095e90f92c5fa08c981ca0d6.jpg

He was very, very, good attacking wise, and that was with less games than he has now. As a left wing back he'd cause carnage with a quick LCB behind him.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Should beat it this year then 👍

I think that might be dependent on signings. Our "early bird" offer runs out on Sunday, so any supporters now that had a season ticket last season could possibly lose their seats. 

I'd really like to think we could smash the 4k barrier,  but with the cost of living etc that might be difficult. 

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Out of interest, what’s your best sales ever? 

By end of season it was 3,800 but that included half season tickets that were on sale in December.

Think the full ST uptake last season was around 3,400 so if we can get to 3,800 by kick-off this time around it would be great and would mean we'll comfortably push above 4,000 after the half tickets are taken into account.

For comparison, our overall average attendance in the two seasons after we were relegated to the championship (2015-2017) was just under 3,600 so it's good going to have almost that amount of season ticket holders in rough times like this when just 6/7 years ago, we were selling about 2,000.

Edited by djchapsticks

A bit late to this but, looking at the seedings, that was a remarkable League Cup draw for us.

Arbroath (2nd lowest seed in Pot 2)

Montrose (lowest seed in Pot 3)

Forfar (lowest seed in Pot 4)

Cowdenbeath (lowest seed in Pot 5, finished 15th in the Lowland League)

Hopefully, we don't make an arse of it!

19 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

A bit late to this but, looking at the seedings, that was a remarkable League Cup draw for us.

Arbroath (2nd lowest seed in Pot 2)

Montrose (lowest seed in Pot 3)

Forfar (lowest seed in Pot 4)

Cowdenbeath (lowest seed in Pot 5, finished 15th in the Lowland League)

Hopefully, we don't make an arse of it!

We musta bean the top seeds in Pot 1.

Friendly against Morton announced though no mention of it being the Renfrewshire Cup.

Wed. 28th June - Glentoran (a)

Sat. 1st July - Linfield (a)

Sat. 8th July - Morton (a)

----------------------

Sat. 15th July - Montrose (a)

Sat. 22nd July - Arbroath (h)

Tue. 25th July - Cowdenbeath (a)

Sat. 29th July - Forfar (h)

I guess that we might organise one more friendly....... maybe a home game between Linfield and Morton?

Have you guys been to Windsor Park before? It's a fantastic stadium. The locals don't like being reminded that they let their big club die though.

IMG_20190706_131539346_HDR-PANO.thumb.jpg.cd387abb098c88158756c5037030ba8e.jpg

The Oval is very different but a fantastic vantage point from the main stand. Very old feel with the steel fences still erected etc... The H&W cranes overlook it and it's right underneath the landing path for places at airport. 

IMG_20190703_190851211-PANO.thumb.jpg.4b63eaf20982267f0709d598637c369a.jpg

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

Have you guys been to Windsor Park before? It's a fantastic stadium. The locals don't like being reminded that they let their big club die though.

IMG_20190706_131539346_HDR-PANO.thumb.jpg.cd387abb098c88158756c5037030ba8e.jpg

The Oval is very different but a fantastic vantage point from the main stand. Very old feel with the steel fences still erected etc... The H&W cranes overlook it and it's right underneath the landing path for places at airport. 

IMG_20190703_190851211-PANO.thumb.jpg.4b63eaf20982267f0709d598637c369a.jpg

We played them last season at Windsor Park as well. Not sure what the reasoning is for us being opponents for both a Glentoran and Linfield testimonial within a few days of one another.

I was looking at flights the other day to Belfast but not sure as I think I'd rather tick off Montrose being it's one of my few remaining grounds I've no been to and I don't know how I'd explain away 3 Saturday away games in a row and two of them being long distance ones. :lol:

48 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I was looking at flights the other day to Belfast but not sure as I think I'd rather tick off Montrose being it's one of my few remaining grounds I've no been to and I don't know how I'd explain away 3 Saturday away games in a row and two of them being long distance ones. :lol:

Before kids / when kids were young I used to suggest weekends away to novel places and then throw in that Saints just happened to be playing at the same place after it was booked. 😉

I even made managed to make a trip to Ireland coincide with Saints playing Stranraer in a friendly the night before. That was my best one. 

Also managed take in a friendly at Wigan that coincided with a weekend in Blackpool

Edited by Captain_Sensible

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure what the reasoning is for us being opponents for both a Glentoran and Linfield testimonial within a few days of one another.

It’s because we are box office, glamourous, good-looking, and from top to bottom, as a club, we smell nicer than Johnny Depp, soaked in Sauvage, and out burying his jewellery in the desert.

Next question. 😎