The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, medals said:

That land is NOT worthless. St. Mirren also own land near the stadium too - that will also have a value.

YOUR NOT INTO REAL ESTATE THEN I SUSPECT 

Okay, minimal value…. hence the reason why we were to afford to purchase the land, build a new stadium, pay off our debts, build a training ground *and* have money in the bank. 😉

The club tried to sell the other land you are talking about and failed, ie worthless.

And no, I’m not into real estate personally, although a very close relative of mine is and tells me bits and pieces.

And it’s “you’re”, not “your”. If *you’re* going to attempt to mock someone for being stupid the least you could do is spell correctly whilst doing it. 😜

10 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Okay, minimal value…. hence the reason why we were to afford to purchase the land, build a new stadium, pay off our debts, build a training ground *and* have money in the bank. 😉

The club tried to sell the other land you are talking about and failed, ie worthless.

And no, I’m not into real estate personally, although a very close relative of mine is and tells me bits and pieces.

And it’s “you’re”, not “your”. If *you’re* going to attempt to mock someone for being stupid the least you could do is spell correctly whilst doing it. 😜

I was crap at English, but cheers for the correction.

I know a bit about land values though.

We purchased this land which had a lower value that the land the old ground sat on - it cost real money.

Not sure we were unable to sell the other land. Its more likely no one wanted it or we valued it above what someone at the time were willing to pay. It certainly is not worthless though.

Land is always only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Edited by medals

55 minutes ago, medals said:

St Mirren Charitable Foundation wins £70,000 lottery cash to deliver lifeline support

The charity has been named the winner of the People’s Project after securing most votes from the public.

St Mirren Charitable Foundation is the winner of the People’s Project and the funding needed to launch its 2023/24 Fit and Fed initiative.

Who made this application and were all parties aware?

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Who made this application and were all parties aware?

Don't know if your having a bit of fun with this. I just saw the application process recently and lodged my vote.

Glad we won the dosh though. Time will tell if we give it out from a tent on St. Mirren owned land or not.

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Forfar have only ever beaten Saints twice, both in the League Cup and they scored 5 on each occasion.

Time for another one hopefully, But cant see us scoring five.

55 minutes ago, AW saint said:

2000 season tickets sold so far. I wonder if this up on last season at same stage

Pretty much the same

image.png.93d92cc1fef25484940b070d9c99d297.png

Counter went on the website on 17th June last year and it was at 2600 by that point.

Final sales were just under 3400 so any increase on that would be nice. I notice that they did extend the early bird price by a week last season as well - maybe they'll do the same again.

See the Ton are trying to stoke up a bit of a rivalry again with us.

Dougie Imrie as a manager, Kirk Broadfoot signing as a player. What next, Alan Main as a goalie coach and tempting Ross Tokely out of retirement?

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Dougie Imrie as a manager, Kirk Broadfoot signing as a player. What next, Alan Main as a goalie coach and tempting Ross Tokely out of retirement?

Calum Waters and Jack Baird also. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Pretty much the same

image.png.93d92cc1fef25484940b070d9c99d297.png

Counter went on the website on 17th June last year and it was at 2600 by that point.

Final sales were just under 3400 so any increase on that would be nice. I notice that they did extend the early bird price by a week last season as well - maybe they'll do the same again.

The chairman  said it was 3800 last season.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shame it hasn't occurred to them to try the things that would actually work: getting promoted and being a half-decent football team.