The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IIRC Gordon Scott's original plan was to take control of our club until the supporters raised the money (within an agreed timescale) to achieve 100% fan-ownership. So how come we now have Kibble owning a significant share of the ownership and they seem to be pulling the strings ? The original deal between GS and SMiSA should have gone ahead on the agreed timetable and Kibble should have been told to GTF. 

Where were we then and where are we now?

4 minutes ago, McG said:

Where were we then and where are we now?

By now we should have been a 100% fan-owned club.

That was the original objective.

It seems unlikely that this can ever be achieved because of Kibble's 30% (is this correct ?) stake. I genuinely fear that we have formed a partnership with a malevolent organisation that does not have St Mirren's best interests as their priority, and who hope to use this association with St Mirren for their own unscrupulous means. Why did we invite this viper into our nest ?

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IIRC Gordon Scott's original plan was to take control of our club until the supporters raised the money (within an agreed timescale) to achieve 100% fan-ownership. So how come we now have Kibble owning a significant share of the ownership and they seem to be pulling the strings ? The original deal between GS and SMiSA should have gone ahead on the agreed timetable and Kibble should have been told to GTF. 

You really think we would be better off had we not had kibble on board? Oh dear 😅 

You think the idea of getting Lasley on board came from smisa and that testicle Alan wardrup? 😂

Come on to f**k 😂

7 minutes ago, McG said:

You really think we would be better off had we not had kibble on board? Oh dear 😅 

You think the idea of getting Lasley on board came from smisa and that testicle Alan wardrup? 😂

Come on to f**k 😂

I'm open to listening to other's opinions without resorting to sarcasm. Have you ever considered that option ? 

Plan A was 100% fan-ownership. I was (and still am) in favour of this. Third party involvement was never on the table when the deal between GS and SMiSA was originally formulated. There was no need to scupper this arrangement other than to repay GS earlier than had been initially agreed. So who benefitted from this other than GS ? Certainly not the fans who wanted 100% ownership. 

Your argument, as I interpret it, is that we would not have achieved top-6 success without Kibble's involvement. I can see no evidence to back up this notion.

Anyway, that's my viewpoint. You've already delivered yours.

I await your insulting and mocking response with bated breath. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Probably for the best. The big man could feasibly ruin you financially with all the protein he could pack away.

I shit you not, he told me he was a vegetarian!

14 hours ago, Passionate said:

Lewis Jamieson I believe is out of contract , is that correct, if so has he been offered a new deal,   noticed he has been on the bench fo r the last while,   do you guys think he can make it..

Signed a 1 year extension the other week.

Have to agree Gordon Scott did a fantastic job getting the club back to the big time. Met Gordon myself at Dubai Airport of all places. It was close season my open line was should you not be back home signing players. He seemed somewhat surprised lol. 

What I did pick up from Sunday at the Normandy was that Maino, Chilli D and Shags are all leaving. All offered new contracts and all turned them down.

Those three along with Watt, Small and Tait will be the only first team regulars to go at this point.

Not sure what's happening with CBM, but I've seen someone suggesting he is staying and I guess since he played on Saturday that might stack up?

22 minutes ago, Div said:

What I did pick up from Sunday at the Normandy was that Maino, Chilli D and Shags are all leaving. All offered new contracts and all turned them down.

Those three along with Watt, Small and Tait will be the only first team regulars to go at this point.

Not sure what's happening with CBM, but I've seen someone suggesting he is staying and I guess since he played on Saturday that might stack up?

Apparently CBM agreed a year contract/extension - when he arrived the announcement said that there was "an option to extend further than this summer"

Don't remember where I heard this and as yet don't see it confirmed. 

Edited by medals

16 minutes ago, Div said:

Think we would be willing to do some sort of deal to get Brophy off the books . Maybe Tanser too . There will offers coming in for Bacccus and Strain . Which would mean 10 players in . 

Fortunately we have a decent enough team in place to improve on last seasons league Cup performances.  

Look forward to seeing the first group of new signings being announced . 

Lots of pace , skill and muscle please .

23 minutes ago, Div said:

11 minutes ago, medals said:

Apparently CBM agreed a year contract/extension

Don't remember where I heard this and as yet don't see it confirmed. 

It's definitely agreed. I heard a year but looking at at his Instagram from the other day, he's also talking about how he's looking forward to kicking on next season.

2 hours ago, Div said:

It may not be officially announced but I spoke to him on Saturday and he told me he had signed.