The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

No idea just a teaser he wrote on twitter mate. 

Aye, fair enough: it's definitely a heavy hint that he'll be joining us so we'll see what happens. He has mentioned so many times now how much he enjoyed his spell with us and he strikes me as the type of player that really needs to enjoy the game. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Watt + Greive line up at the start of next season.  

59 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aye, fair enough: it's definitely a heavy hint that he'll be joining us so we'll see what happens. He has mentioned so many times now how much he enjoyed his spell with us and he strikes me as the type of player that really needs to enjoy the game. 

I've got a feeling he will stay at Tannadice ( unless there's a relegation clause in his contract) . Mind there was an interview with him saying that he heard things were changing at Tannadice  under Goodwin and he would consider going back . I think a couple of players from Saints could end up at Tannadice. 

17 hours ago, medals said:

See the attendance figures :- oad mobile naviga

Scottish Premiership attendance totals in full

Utd big loss but we need to average more next season
Club Average gate Total 
Celtic 58,775 1,116,728
Rangers 49,116 933,207
Hearts 18,525 351,978
Hibs 17,467 331,886
Aberdeen 15,636 297,087
Dundee Utd 9,458 179,708
Kilmarnock 6,487 123,253
St Mirren 6,401 121,620
Motherwell 6,135 116,564
St Johnstone 5,322 101,125

Ross County

Livi

Bearing in mind what others give away to the arse cheeks it's a cracking average. A huge justification of that policy and one that hopefully never gets reversed. 

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Voted no to conference league, no to the proposal having a benefit to SMFC, yes to a B or reserve team in general and voted on the provision of it being solely within a B or reserve league in its own format and not part of the senior pyramid.

Will anyone vote otherwise  ???

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tait is away. Probably no surprise. Great servant but best all round if he moves on.

Totally agree. Quality guy. 

A few away from Dundee Utd including McGrath and Harkes. Would we be interested

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

McGrath wouldn't get anywhere near our starting 11.

Liam Smith would be a decent squad player. Not much else from those United releases that I'd even entertain TBH.

I'd take Smith. Can play either side. Would be a downgrade on Strain if he were to leave though the fact he can cover both sides is a positive

I was on the fence when Tait signed, it appeared as though his best days were behind him.

However, he has been excellent for us. Very unlucky with bad injuries this season plus that fact Strain has been so good.

Good player and best of luck to him wherever he end up next.

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Tait was a decent player for us. Unlucky with injuries this season but I thought he might have been worth another year. Wonder if he'll end up getting another Premiership team or be in the Championship?

Could certainly see him rocking up at a Dundee Utd or Dunfermline and being a success there.

52 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Tait was a decent player for us. Unlucky with injuries this season but I thought he might have been worth another year. Wonder if he'll end up getting another Premiership team or be in the Championship?

100% Pro but too slow now for the top league.

Championship side I think...

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Hopefully Ayunga will be back and fully fit

Tait is a very decent player and gave St Mirren 100% every time he wore the Jersey. Maybe age is starting to catch up on him with regards to pace, but I'm sure he can still do a job at Championship level and he will leave Paisley with our best wishes. Good luck !!