The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Just now, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

If the worst come to it, and Main does have to sit this one out, who do we go with up top?

Has to be either Kiltie, Jamieson or Offord. Of those three, I have no idea who I'd go with TBH.

The way he can finish - Shaughnessy. 

23 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

* re-posts his Curtis Main photie fae’ Sellik.

9644888D-7A03-49E5-9069-660270400FE3.jpeg

Genuinely think Main is just bald for the crack tbh. His hair is glorious.

Curtis-Main-Middlesbrough_3180669.jpg.88f6347860c6c0d77e4d7b9afab18497.jpg

8 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

A grumpy old man did tell you this is far from over 

It is totally over....this is just SMiSA carrying out the request of a few eejits at the SMiSA AGM. The SMiSA Board Directors that also sit on the St Mirren Board have already given their response and it will just be repeated. You do love a conspiracy IoBS, I'm still waiting on the club to go bust and Steven Davies signing, I'm not sure I can add the exploding Kibble situation into the pot, it'll just be too much pressure to cope with.

Seems the sensible thing for SMiSA to do as there is something worth looking into - despite the behaviour of Mr St Mirren and I AM THE SOURCE.

Arguably it helps the board/Kibble/whoever to have some idiots spouting off the way those pair have been as it makes it far easier to dismiss what they're saying as deluded ramblings, even if they do have valid points buried somewhere amongst their nonsense.

Edited by Stu

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

Seems the sensible thing for SMiSA to do as there is something worth looking into - despite the behaviour of Mr St Mirren and I AM THE SOURCE.

Arguably it helps the board/Kibble/whoever to have some idiots spouting off the way those pair have been as it makes it far easier to dismiss what they're saying as deluded ramblings, even if they do have valid points buried somewhere amongst their nonsense.

excuse my ignorance but what is mr doakey the source of?

1 hour ago, Stu said:

May the source be with you…. 

C9BB6EF9-9178-44FC-9F4B-266FD96AEC21.jpeg

Hi guys,  not normally a poster on Premier League sites for obvious reasons,,,   quick question how bad was Ian Murray when he was your manager,  was it 12 games or so he was in charge for(no research done)...  I remember being the next big thing after a successful stint at Dumbarton,  Everybody still talks about his St Mitten days surely they weren't that bad..

Airdrie picked him really a broken man after 2 years in Iceland,  gradually you could tell he had something it took a while right enough,  was consistently good a limited resource d Airdrie and steadied the ship at Raith after there self induced screw ups..

now linked heavily with a return to the Premier with Dundee....

did the media drive him out, support hound him or generally useless...

hopefully play you guys again soon,  miss the view from the Caledonia Stand was the best stand in football..

2 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Hi guys,  not normally a poster on Premier League sites for obvious reasons,,,   quick question how bad was Ian Murray when he was your manager,  was it 12 games or so he was in charge for(no research done)...  I remember being the next big thing after a successful stint at Dumbarton,  Everybody still talks about his St Mitten days surely they weren't that bad..

Airdrie picked him really a broken man after 2 years in Iceland,  gradually you could tell he had something it took a while right enough,  was consistently good a limited resource d Airdrie and steadied the ship at Raith after there self induced screw ups..

hopefully play you guys again soon,  miss the view from the Caledonia Stand was the best stand in football..

He was utterly clueless. Bereft of ideas, no style of play, no semblance of tactics.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

He was that bad that Alex Rae came in and improved us. 

23 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

He was that bad that Alex Rae came in and improved us. 

Hard to argue with that logic really!

An eighth red card of the league season for us tonight (and I'm sure we've had at least one in the cups). A fine surely incoming.

I suppose finishing sixth for the first time in donkeys years isn’t to be sniffed at! Still gutted that qualifying for Europe was very much in our hands and we managed to make a Noel Hunt of it however!

On to the Paris buns at the weekend and then to look forward to next season.

Stephen Robinson’s Black and White Army!! 🐼 

Just watched highlights of the Hibs v Celtic game.  

Totally surreal.  

Rested half their team. 

But then… Abominable refereeing in Hibs favour, and two absolute shockers from Celtic’s ‘goalkeeper’.  

Shit really has gone against us this season.  

7 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Shit really has gone against us this season.  

Not really agreeing with that. We've been instrumental on missing out on finishing higher. Results and anomalies elsewhere are the usual.

Lack of discipline from individuals and collectively - dropping points whilst leading 10 men on more than one occasion. Dropping a really daft amount of away points earlier in the season, losing to teams that we'd probably pinpointed as winnable points.

All of those things, to me, is what ended the hopes but then look at the table. Same as last season, everyone from 3rd to 9th, over the piece and particularly pre-split before things spread out, hasn't had too much to separate them.