The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, SS77 said:

Alan Doak standing up screaming “I AM THE SOURCE” when Wardrop is on about the emails with the Council has to be my favourite part.

Are you sure it wasn't "i am on the sauce"?

17 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

With Shaughnessy not yet signed, Gallagher not being fully fit and Dunne away, we definitely need another central defender if we’re going to continue with 3 at the back. 

I don’t know much about Bedeau (I keep thinking of ‘Any which way you can’ when I see this name) but maybe he can also play in the centre?

Strength in depth! 

Seems that we are already in the hunt for 2 defenders, on the basis of at least one leaving and the two in question have been spoken to. Imo Dunne will be away and Shaugnessy might just stay. 

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Surely that has to be bollocks? Small is nowhere near good enough to be a target for Rangers. I'm not even convinced I'd keep him at St. Mirren.

The Sevco are a bawhair away from having to come back as The The Rangers 2024. Whatever targets their bawbag fans might think they should be signing, they may well be shopping in the Small aisle of the supermarket - absolutely no offence to the lad.

Just now, CambieBud said:

Is Finlayson still with us? No idea how he did/is doing in Northern Ireland or has he been released?

Signed a permanent deal with Linfield last month, for a "small fee".

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Rangers letting Arfield go. Would he be worth a punt. Gets plenty goals from midfield. 

As for Small. He has bags of potential. I would 100% have him back next season. Robbo has the habit of improving players

He'd absolutely still do a job for any team outside the OF; however can't imagine we could afford him.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

He'd absolutely still do a job for any team outside the OF; however can't imagine we could afford him.

Agreed. He will not be short of offers, would think it very unlikely we could even get close.

6 minutes ago, Div said:

Agreed. He will not be short of offers, would think it very unlikely we could even get close.

There was talk last year about Davis, whose contract ends soon. Though he's out injured and a year older now.

I'd prefer younger, sellable assets that we'd enjoy for 2 or 3 seasons than guys who are aging rapidly (in footballing terms)

We need to be even better next season, right from the summer pre season please!

48 minutes ago, medals said:

There was talk last year about Davis, whose contract ends soon. Though he's out injured and a year older now.

I'd prefer younger, sellable assets that we'd enjoy for 2 or 3 seasons than guys who are aging rapidly (in footballing terms)

We need to be even better next season, right from the summer pre season please!

I think that ship will have most likely sailed given his injury and the age he's at.

59 minutes ago, Div said:

I think that ship will have most likely sailed given his injury and the age he's at.

He's also not available, Rangers have said today they are retaining him short term to have further discussions with Davis and doctors to assess his recovery and taking next steps from there.

I don't want a near 40 year old who is recovering from a torn ACL, no matter how good he is or was.

Arfield would be superb. He's almost a stick on to end up at Hearts or Aberdeen though.