The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think that was what inspired my post, tbh. He really set about Hearts and put a real shift in. He'll never be prolific, IMO, but we've seen that's not necessarily our model for a forward anyway (as nice as it might be to have).

He came to Saints as a prolific scorer at a very low level   he,s come to Paisley and worked hard and improved.  Next season will be a big season for him , and he could develop into a Jimmy Bone type forward who works hard and brings other players into play. 

26 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Depends what the plans are. Gallagher isn't the most mobile. Some people say Fraser isn't the best defender, but is mobile. We need mobile defenders with Gallagher. Gallagher 100 percent the better defender, but isn't the quickest. 

Thought Gogic made a massive difference even he moved into central defence . Would like us to try Gogic , Shaunessy,  Taylor Back three for a game to see how it looks .

7 hours ago, AW saint said:

What is the deal with Boyd Munce? Is he signed for next season as he is not getting a sniff of a chance

I believe the option is ours to extend. I honestly keep forgetting he's here. Maybe he'll get some minutes in the remaining games, which are almost dead rubbers now.

9 hours ago, AW saint said:

What is the deal with Boyd Munce? Is he signed for next season as he is not getting a sniff of a chance

Because the guy is nowhere near match fit. Hasn't played since January.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I believe the option is ours to extend. I honestly keep forgetting he's here. Maybe he'll get some minutes in the remaining games, which are almost dead rubbers now.

We were forced into a couple of our subs on Saturday due to knocks. He may get his chance of more time off the bench in the last few games as you say, if we are trying to change a game plan.

18 hours ago, Stu said:

My concern is whether or not we'll be voting in favour of it. I sincerely hope we aren't even thinking of entering a team.

I emailed Smisa about this last week and Dougie and Alex got back to me, Alex with quite a detailed email. I was told my email would be forwarded to Keith Lasley and that I wasn't the first to email but Alex told me this was the perfect example of fan owned not fan run when I suggested Smisa consult our members before the board vote to influence our reps on the club board and inform the club itself of general fan opinion.  

I was told to raise it at the agm and we could possibly have done a quick show of hands but I wasn't able to make it unfortunately. So it does sound like Smisa won't be taking a position as it's a club decision which I don't think is the correct thing to do but I'm hoping the emails forwarded to Keith are enough to sway our position against the proposals. 

Would encourage everyone to email Smisa and club with their opposition to the proposals. 

I genuinely don't think it's something that the club will take up the offer of to be honest. It's hugely cost ineffective, kicks several hundred other clubs in the balls, denies fair opportunity for teams to get young Premier league players and restricts a path to lower league football for those who don't cut it in the top flight.

For example, say we loan a young player out to Stenny in the coming season and he fires in 15 goals at league 2 level, we then decide to not extend his contract at end of season. He already has a well defined path to lower leagues where several league 2 and a few league 1 sides would be looking at him as he's already proven he can handle himself at that level.

Compare that to us releasing the same player who has scored 15 goals against Hearts, Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone B teams. All of a sudden that same player isn't quite as attractive a prospect to so many clubs as someone who has been showing up well against senior part time sides.

It's not a fair system being proposed and by that I mean not fair on clubs, supporters or the players themselves. I don't understand why they don't just bring back the reserve league and you get the double benefit of players playing games and a pathway for guys who are getting back to fitness to play minutes as well as a fair way to assess who is or isn't ready for a loan out to get senior minutes under their belt.

A perfect example of Scottish Football fixing something that wasn't actually broken.

1 hour ago, smfc2013 said:

I emailed Smisa about this last week and Dougie and Alex got back to me, Alex with quite a detailed email. I was told my email would be forwarded to Keith Lasley and that I wasn't the first to email but Alex told me this was the perfect example of fan owned not fan run when I suggested Smisa consult our members before the board vote to influence our reps on the club board and inform the club itself of general fan opinion.  

I was told to raise it at the agm and we could possibly have done a quick show of hands but I wasn't able to make it unfortunately. So it does sound like Smisa won't be taking a position as it's a club decision which I don't think is the correct thing to do but I'm hoping the emails forwarded to Keith are enough to sway our position against the proposals. 

Would encourage everyone to email Smisa and club with their opposition to the proposals. 

I don't understand why their can't be a vote - there was one on the two stands for the Old Firm issue. Even if that was a club vote, rather than a SMiSA one, it could be done this time too.

As I said before, my concern is not that we'll enter a team but that we'll vote in favour of the proposal.

5pm on a Friday. Have we got through the day without anyone being banned from FeegieField, Kibble being accused of not building CalMac’s ferries on time, A bunfight between SMiSA and the Buddie Good Food Van, or claims of paparazzi chasing Paisley Panda at speed through the streets of Barrhead and endangering his life?

Happy days.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

5pm on a Friday. Have we got through the day without anyone being banned from FeegieField, Kibble being accused of not building CalMac’s ferries on time, A bunfight between SMiSA and the Buddie Good Food Van, or claims of paparazzi chasing Paisley Panda at speed through the streets of Barrhead and endangering his life?

Happy days.

So far. Wait til the video of the SMISA meeting comes out though. It's apparently a fucking hoot and a half.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So far. Wait til the video of the SMISA meeting comes out though. It's apparently a fucking hoot and a half.

Well, if SMiSA can raise a hoot and a half, it’s a hoot and a half more than ‘Only an Excuse’ managed over its final five years. 

On 16/05/2023 at 14:43, GAD said:

So what is the great case that Wardrop can take to court? You think he's going to sue the club on behalf of the council? Or you think it's somehow illegal to ban him from the ground?

Alan Wardrop is not a stupid man many seem to have a dislike for the man even though they don't know him. If he has evidence of what he is accusing Kibble of this will be far from over. Alan is not the type sue the club but he will prove a point that Kibble did wrong here. 

22 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Alan Wardrop is not a stupid man

You've clearly seen none of his antics over the last 7 days.

He's very obviously stupid and a massive egomaniac.

Edited by djchapsticks

47 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Alan Wardrop is not a stupid man many seem to have a dislike for the man even though they don't know him. If he has evidence of what he is accusing Kibble of this will be far from over. Alan is not the type sue the club but he will prove a point that Kibble did wrong here. 

What did Kibble do that's going to end up in court?