The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, GAD said:

He has a strong case for what? You said, and this is a direct quote- "It's going to get messy can see big changes at board room level when all this is played out in court". What case do you think Wardrop has that he can bring to court?

The board have put a ban Wardrop wrong in my view .  We know Kibble used the St Mirren charity foundation in a government grant form. No permission had been asked to put the charity name on the application. Next Kibble pointed the finger at Renfrewshire council for shading in land belonging to St Mirren football club. Dare say Alan Wardrop will have an axe to grind understandably in my eyes. What did SMISA directors know of this  ? Why did Kibble not share / share with fellow directors.  If you think there is nothing to see then I disagree. Needham was all over the press with his bridge attack on Rangers fans. No standing down or ban there  .

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

The board have put a ban Wardrop wrong in my view .  We know Kibble used the St Mirren charity foundation in a government grant form. No permission had been asked to put the charity name on the application. Next Kibble pointed the finger at Renfrewshire council for shading in land belonging to St Mirren football club. Dare say Alan Wardrop will have an axe to grind understandably in my eyes. What did SMISA directors know of this  ? Why did Kibble not share / share with fellow directors.  If you think there is nothing to see then I disagree. Needham was all over the press with his bridge attack on Rangers fans. No standing down or ban there  .

So what is the great case that Wardrop can take to court? You think he's going to sue the club on behalf of the council? Or you think it's somehow illegal to ban him from the ground?

Writers use stream of consciousness writing to mimic the way people’s thoughts flow. We very rarely think in a perfect, linear order. The stream of consciousness technique uses unusual, often grammatically incorrect, sentence structure full of incomplete thoughts and tangents to illustrate how a character thinks. Examples of stream of consciousness writers are James Joyce, Virginia Woolf and Zingali Man. 

16 minutes ago, btb said:

Writers use stream of consciousness writing to mimic the way people’s thoughts flow. We very rarely think in a perfect, linear order. The stream of consciousness technique uses unusual, often grammatically incorrect, sentence structure full of incomplete thoughts and tangents to illustrate how a character thinks. Examples of stream of consciousness writers are James Joyce, Virginia Woolf and Zingali Man. 

Aye but only the latter writes on P & B for us.

Edited by medals

2 hours ago, AW saint said:

The club doesn't need this public spat going on. This is a crucial time of the season when results matter and we are looking to bring in potential targets. 

Wtf does Wardrop hope to gain from airing this in the media?. 

He should now conduct his business properly and stop this public farce

The club will also be looking to attract commercial sponsors, and this pantomime will be a very unwelcome distraction and could serve to put off potential backers from signing up. 

Edited by Drooper

Seeing that goal again, there are more than a few similarities with Newton's goal in 2013. I'm not saying they're identical, but the give and go, the ball through, the run on and the finish across the laces to the keeper's near side... 

Both beautiful moments etched in my memory forever.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Thirty-six long years ago!

Just heading into extra time when the game finally came alive. 

What a day! 

Happy memories.  Was late for dinner at my girlfriends that day, but they waited for me.

36 years ago🏆

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

You seem to have some sort of agenda.  And not for the first time; you came away with all sorts of wild claims and counterclaims when SG was trying to get on the SMISA board.  I might be wrong but you seem to just believe absolutely everything you read both online and in the press, as long as it’s against the current board.

Are you a personal friend of either SG or AW?  Or do you have some kind of axe to grind with someone at St Mirren?

Could I please make a personal plea?

Because I’m a lazy bassturt, could someone else please start a new thread entitled, “The boring as f**k AW/Kibble/SMISA debacle” thereby leaving this thread for interesting St. Mirren related matters and consigning all the turgid, tit for tat, agenda driven pish for said topic.

Just my opinion. Others are free to differ. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Top shagger! 

Ok i missed an apostrophe.

But No way... mother was a battle axe head teacher, and not braw looking. The daughter was lovely back then but now looks much more like her mother did back then - glad I escaped that one.

The next girl I dated was also lovely, but her mother was also not braw. So ended that one quickly.

Edited by medals

14 minutes ago, medals said:

But No way... mother was a battle axe head teacher, and not braw looking. The daughter was lovely back then but now looks much more like her mother did back then - glad I escaped that one.

The next girl I dated was also lovely, but her mother was also not braw. So ended that one quickly.

I had two long-term exes and both their mothers were fucking awful human beings. You've got to take it into account.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

You seem to have some sort of agenda.  And not for the first time; you came away with all sorts of wild claims and counterclaims when SG was trying to get on the SMISA board.  I might be wrong but you seem to just believe absolutely everything you read both online and in the press, as long as it’s against the current board.

Are you a personal friend of either SG or AW?  Or do you have some kind of axe to grind with someone at St Mirren?

Gullible. The debt he got told we were in sent shivers down his spine or something along those lines.

2 hours ago, medals said:

Any photos you could share?

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

.Needham was all over the press with his bridge attack on Rangers fans. No standing down or ban there  .

Attack...away and lie down FFS. Given his position as chairman it was I'll advised but it was nothing more than a flippant comment which many on here would have uttered.